Pyramid arrivals

Geoff Kilpatrick

Geoff Kilpatrick

How many from the pyramid for the start of next season (players or coaches)? Anyone want to lay odds?

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
How many from the pyramid for the start of next season (players or coaches)? Anyone want to lay odds?

Even just one and I hope there would be a supporter uprising.

PS - I think we're the only two here - :cool:

Guest GhostHunter

Not convinced we'll see any to be honest....

VR has only got 3 things he needs to sort out over the coming 2 weeks...

1. Appoint a Manager

2. Bin some of the wage thieves that currently disgrace the jersey.

3. Give manager ?xmillion to sign the manager's players.

Easy.

Yes I think that 'pyramid' arrivals are likely.

After all, we are in a cost cutting phase, why not make use of these players if they are handed on a plate to the manager?

Frail has made such good use of No 28. There must be more quality where he came from.

Curiously, Hleb has kissed and made up with Vlad and his coach Puntus at MTZ-RIPO.

They spent the whole of the close season sending him on trials with Premier League teams in Russia but since none of them took him on, he seems to have pulled the finger out in Minsk and is playing and scoring. He has been given the #9 shirt for the first time and his good form will see him playing for Belarus next week.

I think I read somewhere on this website that he is coming here in June...

:)

Guest GhostHunter
Curiously, Hleb has kissed and made up with Vlad and his coach Puntus at MTZ-RIPO.

They spent the whole of the close season sending him on trials with Premier League teams in Russia but since none of them took him on, he seems to have pulled the finger out in Minsk and is playing and scoring. He has been given the #9 shirt for the first time and his good form will see him playing for Belarus next week.

I think I read somewhere on this website that he is coming here in June...

:)

(cough)

;)

I still think we will see pyramid players, I think we always will. I also would not be bothered with that. What I AM bothered about is when they are given selection priority.

Bring them in (at VR's behest) and let them fight for a place, if the new manager *chortle* doesn't rate them, they don't play, if he does they do.

Bootboy100
I still think we will see pyramid players, I think we always will. I also would not be bothered with that. What I AM bothered about is when they are given selection priority.

Bring them in (at VR's behest) and let them fight for a place, if the new manager *chortle* doesn't rate them, they don't play, if he does they do.

totally agree with this. I dont mind players from Lithania or where ever however when they do arrive I do not expect them to receive priorities when it comes to selection. If they deserve to play then so be it, if not then work and train harder.

Guest JamboRobbo

1. Appoint a Manager

Easy.

Agree, but thats all he's had to sort out for the past 2.5 years. Lets hope he's FINALLY going to sort it. My patience ran out a long time ago.

I have no problem per se with pyramid players, managers, coaches or whatever. It's just that the standard so far has been poor.

Guest JamboRobbo
I have no problem per se with pyramid players, managers, coaches or whatever. It's just that the standard so far has been poor.

Well duh. It's BECAUSE the standard is so poor that most people have had a problem.

If we were bringing in players from the pyramid of dung who were good enough to play SPL, we'd be delighted.

Definetly at least 3 kaunas player (woohoo!) and possibly a coach

The Old Tolbooth

1. Appoint a Manager

Easy.

The sad thing is, it really is THAT easy! :sad:

chester copperpot
The sad thing is, it really is THAT easy! :sad:

To anyone with half a brain cell and who's sane.

Generic Username

Get Malofeev back here.

He'll sort everyone out.

A few days of wheelbarrow races and running around like a complete goon with a bean bag on your head will have everyone bucking up their ideas.

1. Appoint a Manager

Easy.

Re: Point 2

It's easy enough to say bin the wage thieves, but who'd take them?

I don't know how long some have left on their contracts, but Pinilla has just signed for another 3 years (which I find absolutely astounding) .

I agree that there should be a cull, but we'd struggle to give them away for sod-all considering the wages they command.

You can't really call it a pyramid.

Who was the last player to join us from Ripo?

Well duh. It's BECAUSE the standard is so poor that most people have had a problem.

If we were bringing in players from the pyramid of dung who were good enough to play SPL, we'd be delighted.

Well duh - what does that mean?

I could see you wringing your hands like an old woman at a prayer meeting. I did say "I have no problem per se", and hope that experience has taught VR etc what is needed to succeed here.

Some of them have been decent players like Jankauskis, Velicka and yes, even Miko but the rest were poor or no better than we had. Some had ability (Chesney) but quite simply have not adapted to Scottish football as we had hoped.

If Vlad is thinking of bringing anyone else perhaps we should recommend that you vet them first as your knowledge and perspicacity is infallible.

Guest JamboRobbo
Well duh - what does that mean?

I guess in old folks language, it means

"Obviously. What other possible reason did you think people were against the pyramid of dung arrivals for? Were you stupid enough to believe the 'Hearts fans have become racists' line that was peddled by some to explain why Hearts fans were unhappy with the numpties we were being sent"

"Obviously. What other possible reason did you think people were against the pyramid of dung arrivals for? Were you stupid enough to believe the 'Hearts fans have become racists' line that was peddled by some to explain why Hearts fans were unhappy with the numpties we were being sent"

Strangely enough, that kind of comment seems to have dried up recently.

As have the ones about our "ungrateful" fans.

And also the ones about our odious home support being responsible for our poor home form.

Nor have I read any comments recently extolling the virtues of the committee and the pyramid (for the hard of understanding, obviously).

It's a funny old world.

tommythejambo

Surley there can't be much more Tam Kite they can actually dump on us.

I knew you were more intelligent than most. You can say in 2 words (well duh) what stupid old folk need aroung 50 words to say. We all admire you, especially the way you rise above all others and never have a dig.

How childish is "well duh"? Bloody grow up.

Archived