Somebody from the club needs to speak to us

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

I think this is one of the saddest things of all.

It's not good enough to say "it's his club, he can do what he wants".

We are stakeholders in this club, we devote way too many hours of devotion to it. We buy the tickets, travel round the country, buy the shirts, the programmes, the mugs, keyrings, bibs, photos, magazines and anything else they can stick a Hearts badge on.

It is our club.

They don't have to speak to us, but it would be the decent thing to do.

There were three teams relegated from the English Premiership last week and the chairmen of all three made public statements aimed at reassuring the fans.

Surely, surely, everybody agrees that Romanov should let us know what is being done to make sure next season is better.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Yes, it would be the decent thing to do.

However, past experience suggests that it won't happen. That's why I've argued that our fans should act as customers while this communication blackout continues.

shaun.lawson
I think this is one of the saddest things of all.

It's not good enough to say "it's his club, he can do what he wants".

We are stakeholders in this club, we devote way too many hours of devotion to it. We buy the tickets, travel round the country, buy the shirts, the programmes, the mugs, keyrings, bibs, photos, magazines and anything else they can stick a Hearts badge on.

It is our club.

They don't have to speak to us, but it would be the decent thing to do.

There were three teams relegated from the English Premiership last week and the chairmen of all three made public statements aimed at reassuring the fans.

Surely, surely, everybody agrees that Romanov should let us know what is being done to make sure next season is better.

I agree - how could anyone not concur in this? Trouble is though, if someone from the club did make such a statement (and not a load of propaganda published on PRAVDA TV), they'd find themselves more and more susceptible to Tony Blair post-Iraq syndrome. In other words:

Nobody believes a word they tell us any more.

This regime does not give the impression that it considers keeping the fans informed as important. I would not hold my breath awaiting a statement.

Archived