MONDAY 11th May 1987, Hearts 1-1 Utd

kingdannyb

This was on a Monday night for a special reason but I can't remember why - can anyone remind me ? Ta.

Harry Palmer

Maybe to do with Utd being in the UEFA Cup final? It was over two legs back then.

They also had the Scottish cup final so maybe it was a case of squeezing games in anywhere.

(No idea if the above was the reason)

Doctor FinnBarr

Did we go down to Watford the following night?

Yep, I went straight to St Andrews Square after the game and managed to get an overnight bus to London. Ended up in some boozer at Smithfield Market at 7am the next morning.

scott herbertson

Yep, I went straight to St Andrews Square after the game and managed to get an overnight bus to London. Ended up in some boozer at Smithfield Market at 7am the next morning.

Watford game one of the best ever - Steve Sherwood (goalie) testimonial, elton john, conga round the pitch and Sherwood helping with a chorus of "Sherwood, Sherwood give us a goal

This was on a Monday night for a special reason but I can't remember why - can anyone remind me ? Ta.

My memory of the game was Allan Moore (5 feet and a bit) outjumping Brian Welsh (6 feet and loads) continually.

Doctor FinnBarr

Watford game one of the best ever - Steve Sherwood (goalie) testimonial, elton john, conga round the pitch and Sherwood helping with a chorus of "Sherwood, Sherwood give us a goal

Defo one of the best away days ever for me. In the boozer at Smithfield til 10ish then onto Watford for 11. Think the pubs shut at 3 and we ended up in a shopping centre with a fountain in it, sure folk ended up in it!

Had arranged to meet members of Glasgow Hearts in the Red Lion at 5, "Is there a red Lion"?, "Must be, every English town has one". There was and we found them.

Onto the Watford social club and I managed to blag a lift to Edinburgh for after the game which was just as well cos my funds had run low due to southern prices and I hadn't bought a return for the bus.

Good day

Archived