my recent prayers to God, RE Hearts

jamboinglasgow

jamboinglasgow

Dear God,

Why.

Why do you make us Hearts fans suffer?

Yes we did go to dizzling heights and maybe got a bit too cocky in season 2005/6 but surely we paid for it last season. We certainly didn't deserve a season like this.

God why cant you make Romanov see sense, I mean you managed to get Paul to do a complete a full 180 when he was on Damascus, surely you could do the same to Romanov, a flash of the blinding obvious if you will. Romanov likes praise so surely you can make him see if he steps back and let knowledgable people do the job then the fans will be chanting his name again.

Lord how come we suffer when the Rangers and celtic are contiously successful when they use your name for bigotry and are horrible people. Lets have them relegated next season that would make the rest of Scotland shout thanks to you. THey simply dont deserve their luck and success.

Lord Frail appears to be under alot of pressure, let him be offered a 1st division managing job so he can support his family and make his first signing be Callum Elliot.

Finally Lord thanks for making it 107 years in a row, the only joy in the season and let it be 108 next year.

Lord let the season be 100x better next season.

your name I ask it

Amen.

jamboinglasgow
This is all getting just a bit silly now. :rolleyes:

well i am starting to think devine intervention is needed to help change our situation.

Imeantasong
Dear God,

Why.

Yes we did go to dizzling heights and maybe got a bit too cocky in season 2005/6 but surely we paid for it last season. We certainly didn't deserve a season like this.

God why cant you make Romanov see sense, I mean you managed to get Paul to do a complete a full 180 when he was on Damascus, surely you could do the same to Romanov, a flash of the blinding obvious if you will. Romanov likes praise so surely you can make him see if he steps back and let knowledgable people do the job then the fans will be chanting his name again.

Lord how come we suffer when the Rangers and celtic are contiously successful when they use your name for bigotry and are horrible people. Lets have them relegated next season that would make the rest of Scotland shout thanks to you. THey simply dont deserve their luck and success.

Lord Frail appears to be under alot of pressure, let him be offered a 1st division managing job so he can support his family and make his first signing be Callum Elliot.

Finally Lord thanks for making it 107 years in a row, the only joy in the season and let it be 108 next year.

your name I ask it

Amen.

Has no-one ever advised you to be careful what you pray for?

J.T.F.Robertson
well i am starting to think devine intervention is needed to help change our situation.

He's busy "intervening" in Burma and China.

jamboinglasgow
He's busy "intervening" in Burma and China.

doesn't he realise that Hearts are more important:mad:

:P

jamboinglasgow
Did younot hear him on Saturday ... even he boo'ed!!

yeah he had a wager on hearts winning, thought he knew everything:rolleyes:

shaun.lawson
Dear God,

Why.

your name I ask it

Amen.

He replies:

"Dear jamboinglasgow,

Ever heard of karma? Karma for spending good money after bad in the late 90s and early part of this century, and then, when an apparent saviour arrived on the scene (address 666 Megalamania Mansions, Lucifer's Lane, Hell), rather than repenting and learning your lesson, delighting in spending yourselves into far greater debt? Greed and avarice are mortal sins, my child - and those who fail to heed this must endure a painful education.

Your God was also mortally offended by the number of supporters of the team known as Hearts who, between the years 1986 and 1998 AD, made various deals with Satan. "Please, please let us win something", they pleaded, "just one measly piece of silverware. You can do whatever you like with us if our wish is granted".

And this is the problem when Mephistophiles is beseeched by foolish humans. Initially, their wildest desires are gratified, but they must be made to see the error of their ways. If they don't, the world I created will become so full of sinners demanding instant gratification that it will collapse like a pack of cards. They must be taught to be humble, to enjoy what they have and not demand more - and fear not, my child. For once this fundamental truth has been grasped, understood and truly assimilated, you shall know the secret to eternal life: for yourself, and the club known as Hearts.

Take heed, my boy - I trust you shall see no need to contact your merciful but busy God again. My blessings to you and your Jambo bretheren.

Amen."

Charlie-Brown
He replies:

"Dear jamboinglasgow,

Ever heard of karma? Karma for spending good money after bad in the late 90s and early part of this century, and then, when an apparent saviour arrived on the scene (address 666 Megalamania Mansions, Lucifer's Lane, Hell), rather than repenting and learning your lesson, delighting in spending yourselves into far greater debt? Greed and avarice are mortal sins, my child - and those who fail to heed this must endure a painful education.

Your God was also mortally offended by the number of supporters of the team known as Hearts who, between the years 1986 and 1998 AD, made various deals with Satan. "Please, please let us win something", they pleaded, "just one measly piece of silverware. You can do whatever you like with us if our wish is granted".

And this is the problem when Mephistophiles is beseeched by foolish humans. Initially, their wildest desires are gratified, but they must be made to see the error of their ways. If they don't, the world I created will become so full of sinners demanding instant gratification that it will collapse like a pack of cards. They must be taught to be humble, to enjoy what they have and not demand more - and fear not, my child. For once this fundamental truth has been grasped, understood and truly assimilated, you shall know the secret to eternal life: for yourself, and the club known as Hearts.

Take heed, my boy - I trust you shall see no need to contact your merciful but busy God again. My blessings to you and your Jambo bretheren.

Amen."

The path to the cessation of suffering.

There is a path to the end of suffering - a gradual path of self-improvement. It is the middle way between the two extremes of excessive self-indulgence and excessive self-mortification.

shaun.lawson
The path to the cessation of suffering.

There is a path to the end of suffering - a gradual path of self-improvement. It is the middle way between the two extremes of excessive self-indulgence and excessive self-mortification.

Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth.

Commander Harris

Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted.

Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied.

Blessed are the merciful, for they shall receive mercy.

Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God.

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God.

Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness' sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Blessed are you when others revile you and persecute you and utter all kinds of evil against you falsely on my account. Rejoice and be glad, for your reward is great in heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

Charlie-Brown

All streams flow into the sea,

yet the sea is never full.

To the place the streams come from,

there they return again.

All things are wearisome,

more than one can say.

The eye never has enough of seeing,

nor the ear its fill of hearing.

What has been will be again,

what has been done will be done again;

there is nothing new under the sun.

Is there anything of which one can say,

"Look! This is something new"?

It was here already, long ago;

it was here before our time.

There is no remembrance of men of old,

and even those who are yet to come

will not be remembered

by those who follow.

Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted.

Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied.

Blessed are the merciful, for they shall receive mercy.

Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God.

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God.

Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness' sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Blessed are you when others revile you and persecute you and utter all kinds of evil against you falsely on my account. Rejoice and be glad, for your reward is great in heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

Blessed are the cheese makers.

Geoff Kilpatrick

"You've got to work it out for yourselves!"

BTW, a religious thread and the man of the cloth is noted by his absence! :confused:

colinmaroon
"You've got to work it out for yourselves!"

BTW, a religious thread and the man of the cloth is noted by his absence! :confused:

Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water!!!

James 1:2, "Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance."

As one of the usual thoughtful knee-jerk posters commented on Burma and China, perhaps from one side that should give us some perspective!

On the other side, and with reference to his usual anti-God insult - it always amazes me that those who scream and squeal at being answerable to God and deny His existence, are the first to "blame" Him when something goes wrong - someone they say they don't believe in and in fact insult at every opportunity, even though He doesn't exist!!!

Or is just that you like being nasty to those who do have faith?

Geoff Kilpatrick
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water!!!

James 1:2, "Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance."

As one of the usual thoughtful knee-jerk posters commented on Burma and China, perhaps from one side that should give us some perspective!

On the other side, and with reference to his usual anti-God insult - it always amazes me that those who scream and squeal at being answerable to God and deny His existence, are the first to "blame" Him when something goes wrong - someone they say they don't believe in and in fact insult at every opportunity, even though He doesn't exist!!!

Or is just that you like being nasty to those who do have faith?

Steady, I wasn't having a go!

I think the man upstairs is a bit busy with other things to worry too much about HMFC.

I wonder if this is the bit that gives Vlad the strength to continue?

colinmaroon
I wonder if this is the bit that gives Vlad the strength to continue?

:)

colinmaroon
Steady, I wasn't having a go!

I think the man upstairs is a bit busy with other things to worry too much about HMFC.

Not your post I was replying to in the second part!!!

In fact, I was a bit hasty as the poster "might" not have been antagonistic - in that God is busy in Burma and China, and He weeps over what sin has cost the human race, after all that's why His Son came to die on that Cross - and His people are among those helping, at the risk of their lives from more than just 'natural' disasters,!!!

And I am in a really grumpy mood this AM, apart from the Hearts result lat night, which I hope and pray will scupper any idea that we can do without a decent manager!!!

Put it all down to a bad back and my own failings!!!

Really can't think why He wants anything to do with me at all!!! But then, that's His Amazing Grace!!!

Harry Kinnear

Those who the gods wish to destroy first they make mad (or something like that) Check out Richard Dawkins to get a bit more rationality in your life

colinmaroon
Those who the gods wish to destroy first they make mad (or something like that) Check out Richard Dawkins to get a bit more rationality in your life

Is that the guy who is a passionate "believer" in macro-evolution, who is also a passionate opponent of any kind of Intelligent Design in creation, who has just categorically admitted on film that there is a chance aliens might have seeded the planet???

You should read some of the comments by other leading atheists on his book "The God Delusion!"

If that's "rationality" you can keep it!!!

zicoinexile
23300714.jpg

Jesus would appoint an experienced manager, knowledgeable about the British game and give him complete control of all team affairs and transfers.

;)

jamboinglasgow
Jesus would appoint an experienced manager, knowledgeable about the British game and give him complete control of all team affairs and transfers.

;)

I think he should put Noah up front when we play Dundee United as he is good with a flood. Moses in midfield would part the defenders. Have King David in defence as he is able to deal with giants. And have king solomon as captain, very wise.

Geoff Kilpatrick
I think he should put Noah up front when we play Dundee United as he is good with a flood. Moses in midfield would part the defenders. Have King David in defence as he is able to deal with giants. And have king solomon as captain, very wise.

We've had a few Judases in our past (Webster, Ritchie).

Also it was Vlad that wrote Revelation (interpreted in lots of ways but in actual fact it's gibberish!)

colinmaroon
We've had a few Judases in our past (Webster, Ritchie).

Also it was Vlad that wrote Revelation (interpreted in lots of ways but in actual fact it's gibberish!)

Gibberish to one is sense to another!!!

The proof of the pudding is in the eating!

If I'm wrong - I won't see you after we pop our clogs!!!

If I'm right!!!???

Pants Shaton

For more information on why you're more likely to get a straight answer from Roman Romanov than have god answer your prayer, consult the following:

thegoddelusion.jpg

41XG8MCHVPL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

9780141017778.jpg

GodIsNotGreat-Large.jpg

51CN1BFQJ7L._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Geoff Kilpatrick

If I'm right!!!???

Are we playing Pascal's wager here Colin?

Personally, I think we're all fecked in the next 20-30 years anyway. World War III will start over food as Malthus is finally proven right.

If I'm right!!!???

The book of Revelations being gibberish wouldn't necessarily mean that there was to be no form of life after clog-popping. Merely that it had little or nothing to do with the predictions of revelations.

If for example Oriental ideas about reincarnation were closer to the mark then your souls might well meet up again. It is of course unlikely that your new incarnations would have any memory of this thread but on the bright side they probably wouldn't remember this season either.

Of course if the Buddhists have got it right then any of us who have lived wicked and evil existences will come back as a lower form of life

For more information on why you're more likely to get a straight answer from Roman Romanov than have god answer your prayer, consult the following:

I hate to interrupt your reading but Jesus has answered my prayers - many times! Folk often claim Christians are using 'blind faith' but I reckon that is just what happens with those that put their 'faith' in the books, and authors, listed.

There are many books in the world, often intellectually interesting, but when Jesus moves in your life you know it. He has always pointed me to his book and I have always found it works!

That is not 'blind or unthinking faith' but experience.

The reason Christians preach 'Christ crucified and risen again' is because that is the centre of the world. The making of many books never ends but Jesus is always with us.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
Dear God,

Why.

your name I ask it

Amen.

My name is God. Thanks for asking

jimjamjolly
The book of Revelations being gibberish wouldn't necessarily mean that there was to be no form of life after clog-popping. Merely that it had little or nothing to do with the predictions of revelations.

If for example Oriental ideas about reincarnation were closer to the mark then your souls might well meet up again. It is of course unlikely that your new incarnations would have any memory of this thread but on the bright side they probably wouldn't remember this season either.

Of course if the Buddhists have got it right then any of us who have lived wicked and evil existences will come back as a lower form of life

:)

There is a god and he is a football fan........

Here is the proof. When watching the England Brazil WCQF in 2002 England went 1-0... I turned to my mother...... yes I was watching the game with her, she assured me that there was a god and he would not let England win........

What more proof do we need!

http://scotsport.podbean.com

colinmaroon

thegoddelusion.jpg

41XG8MCHVPL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

9780141017778.jpg

GodIsNotGreat-Large.jpg

51CN1BFQJ7L._SL500_AA240_.jpg

In a few hundred years, or less, if we're still around that long, these books will be relics in the basement of some library, as a quaint sample of a ridiculed THEORY, replaced by a new world-view, probably anti-God, but obviously not based on macro-evolution as that will have disappeared back up its own missing link; and other authors will take their place in "disproving" the existence of the God of the Bible.

In the meanwhile certain authors will have their works still treasured, Shakespeare, Tolkien etc.

And other authors will be well into their 3rd millennia, read and accepted by the billions of "idiots" like me, who believe them. Authors like Moses, Isaiah, Jeremiah, Daniel, Matthew, John and Peter and Paul.

Hey ho!!!

PS You obviously missed the response to the God Delusion - from some of the foremost atheists, who say that the book does a disservice to atheism!!!

J.T.F.Robertson
Not your post I was replying to in the second part!!!

In fact, I was a bit hasty as the poster "might" not have been antagonistic - in that God is busy in Burma and China, and He weeps over what sin has cost the human race, after all that's why His Son came to die on that Cross - and His people are among those helping, at the risk of their lives from more than just 'natural' disasters,!!!

And I am in a really grumpy mood this AM, apart from the Hearts result lat night, which I hope and pray will scupper any idea that we can do without a decent manager!!!

Put it all down to a bad back and my own failings!!!

Really can't think why He wants anything to do with me at all!!! But then, that's His Amazing Grace!!!

Colin, you were half right, a bit of sarcasm is all it was, but was neither knee-jerk, nor meant in any antagonistic sense. If I don't agree with the religious side of your beliefs, it doesn't make me your enemy, it doesn't even make me His enemy. (although if I remember correctly, it may make me as good as)

If your comment re the "anti-God insult" was also directed at me, I'm not anti Him in any shape or form, in fact, (although it's not the place for this) I, at times, feel a certain envy (I know, thou shalt not covet) for others, like yourself, who do.

Funnily enough, I did give some thought to the wisdom of posting the "Burma" comment, for fear it may give offence to some. Maybe that makes me salvageable. ;)

J.T.F.Robertson
Colin, you were half right, a bit of sarcasm is all it was, but was neither knee-jerk, nor meant in any antagonistic sense. If I don't agree with the religious side of your beliefs, it doesn't make me your enemy, it doesn't even make me His enemy. (although if I remember correctly, it may make me as good as)

If your comment re the "anti-God insult" was also directed at me, I'm not anti Him in any shape or form, in fact, (although it's not the place for this) I, at times, feel a certain envy (I know, thou shalt not covet) for others, like yourself, who do.

Funnily enough, I did give some thought to the wisdom of posting the "Burma" comment, for fear it may give offence to some. Maybe that makes me salvageable. ;)

"who do" as in, possess that belief, not as in, possess the anti sentiment. :confused:

Get out yer mat and pray to the west, I'll get out mine and pray for myself!

Archived