Gretna - Our Season in 90 Minutes

captain

Tonight summed up our season in 90 minutes. Everything that is wrong and has been wrong were all too alarmingly present tonight. In no particular order....

1. An inability to take enough points from teams we should be beating. I hear that we took 24 points from bottom 6 teams. Nowhere near good enough and in fact entirely unacceptable.

2. We do not have the balls to introduce youth. This started on the first game against Hibs when Zaliukas played instead of Jonsson. Tonight we only gave McGowan his debut when Zaliukas got injured and the first thing he did was beat half their team. We bang on about the youths but we show no faith in them.

3. We have no strikers. Mole and Elliot are not good enough for a team who claim to be aiming for third. Not by a long shot. We only had 2 strikers worthy of the name. One spent all year in Brum, the other left to the dizzy heights of Norway.

4. No cutting edge. Larry is too greedy, Ruben is too sideways, Stewart is too headless chicken, Chesney is too busy diving about. We simply don't create enough chances to win games.

5. Total lack of discipline. This starts at the top and goes all the way down. Glen deserved to go. It was petulance of the highest order when he should not have got involved.

6. Crap refs. Skelton should have walked for doing exactly what Glen did. Then he scores.

7. Not caring enough. Soon we'll be told how Gretna wanted it more. SOrry Shaggy but that's your job. To motivate and get them going. I wanted it too but I can't do a damn thing about it.

8. Number 28. Can't even score from a yard out. Pack your bags son, I'm driving you home tonight.

And so it goes on. The perfect end to a perfect season.

Thank god its all over.

Christ, you sound like Frail.

Has he finally cracked it?

Shaggy hasn't a scooby.

Has he finally cracked it?

Shaggy hasn't a scooby.

Now we know where the problem lies. :rolleyes:

I really hope you meant that, had me laughing.

portobellojambo1
:mad:You are not far wrong captain.

Microcosm of the whole season tonight.

Have absolutely no idea how the second half progressed Coco, I walked out at half time, having witnessed 45 minutes of complete and utter garbage, it was like watching people who had only just been introduced to a football, a shocking, embarrassing first half, and I had no intention of sitting around to watch another 45 minutes of that drivel.

Have absolutely no idea how the second half progressed Coco, I walked out at half time, having witnessed 45 minutes of complete and utter garbage, it was like watching people who had only just been introduced to a football, a shocking, embarrassing first half, and I had no intention of sitting around to watch another 45 minutes of that drivel.

I actually quite enjoyed watching Gretna. All of their players were playing for their professional lives and trying really hard.

The comparison with our bunch of non-triers was quite stark.

portobellojambo1
I actually quite enjoyed watching Gretna. All of their players were playing for their professional lives and trying really hard.

The comparison with our bunch of non-triers was quite stark.

When I say people I was referring specifically to those wearing Maroon & White, I agree with you, take away the sending off of Glen, which was harsh (certainly no elbow involved, possibly could have been booked for his boot making contact, but he was trying to get the player off of him and this should have been taken into consideration), and we could have gone in at H/T 3-0 down and had absolutely no complaints, we were woeful in that 1st half..

What an apt way to finish the season. Two years to the day we beat Gretna in the final with Skelton missing the penalty we get beat in a bottom six match, on a tuesday night, last game of the season by the team who are already relegated and about to cease to exist with Skelton scroing a last minute winner.

Archived