My upper neighbours are twats

Andyeyespy

For 5 years we got on fine till I asked them to fix a water leak.

They refused so environmental health intervened and forced their hand.

Now we are worst enemy's!

To access or exit our back garden we have to go through a shared communal path which runs past the side of the house past their front door.

They now block our garden gate with bins and shout abuse out their windows if we attempt to exit our garden with the kids cycling bikes.

They told us we now can only enter or exit our back garden on wheelie bin days but for no other purpose like bikes, prams, wheelchairs etc.

They even physically stopped my child from using the path to get his ball he kicked over the fence.

They didn't strike him but put their hand in him to stop him passing!

Police have spoke to them about the abuse but can't help regarding the use of the back gate.

I've now had enough and will use my back gate as often as I want.

Is there anything (legal) I can do to piss these idiots off but still stay on the right side of the law.

They watch my kids constantly from their windows when my kids play either out the front or back garden (creepy)

My neighbour are both in ther 70s lol

But are a pair of nasty *******s that deserve a taste of there own medicine.

3fingersreid

Firstly if it's a shared garden access can't be prevented secondly if they've physically stopped your kids it might be worth a mention to the local police officer and you don't say but if it's council tenants get recording your problems and let the council know as soon as possible

Good luck

Fight fire with fire.

I'd start by removing the gate.

It's my garden gate leading out to the shared path which takes us out to Main Street.

Neighbours garden is actually behind our garden so when they are at there window they look right over our garden.

I feel ur pain mate

Nowhere near as bad as that. But my upper neighbours are utter twats

Stomp around their flat at all hours, absolutely horrendous when they have been on a night out. They will march up the stairs and since its concrete can hear her heels clip clopping up, he whistles as loud as he can.

They have rolling wardrobes so whenever they open we hear it, thats at all hours, mornings at 6am,(luckily i am up for work most days by this time my partner isnt tho) nights at 11pm (despite claims of going to bed at 930! Pffft)

He is the worse of the two and regularly plays music loud when shes not their but doesnt answer his door when i knock)

But apparently we r the horrible ones because our 2 year old kid runs and screams in our house! On more than one occasion they have been in my face shouting off how our son is 'ruining their lifes'

They have condescended and abused us many times that i just give it back, but he is an erse in general and her a trollope.

Theyr 50+ no kids an wee teamers! Tells u all.

Luckily bcos of the flat i technically own the majority of the garden so i can spite them how i please...

But hope u get those sorted mae

Use your kids as your trump card.

Get them out there learning the drums on their wheelie bins, playing their new favourite game "How loud and long can you scream for", give them bags of flour each and get them antiquing each other. Generally let them go nuts as there is NOTHING they can do about it......but let slip eventually that you'll try to curb their behaviour if they stop being arseholes.

Seriously.....encourage your kids to be as loud as possible. Stir in skittles with their breakfast to get their energy levels up prior as well.

It's my garden gate leading out to the shared path which takes us out to Main Street.

Neighbours garden is actually behind our garden so when they are at there window they look right over our garden.

Be as awkward as possible with them.

They'll soon get the message.

Firstly if it's a shared garden access can't be prevented secondly if they've physically stopped your kids it might be worth a mention to the local police officer and you don't say but if it's council tenants get recording your problems and let the council know as soon as possible

Good luck

Yeah had the police out today regarding stopping my boy.

But they didn't see it as an assault as they only put their hand on his shoulder and didn't strike him lol

Both our houses are bought.

They claim the path leading to our back garden is their path and if the kids want their bikes in and out we have to take them through the house.

Doctor FinnBarr

Good luck

If its a back garden then access can be denied apart from items too big to take through the house ie. wheelie bins. I know because the auld fat cow 2 doors from us has done it with council backing.

Yeah had the police out today regarding stopping my boy.

But they didn't see it as an assault as they only put their hand on his shoulder and didn't strike him lol

They claim the path leading to our back garden is their path and if the kids want their bikes in and out we have to take them through the house.

Ignore this path crap......say you need to see something official before you'll stop and get your kids out on their bikes EVERY FECKIN DAY until they come up with something!

And say something cool and hard next time you see them

"You touch my son/daughter again......and I'll take your hand. I'll own that hand. It'll be my hand"

Then tiger punch his face.

I had something similar when I stayed in Galashiels. The guy below was a nightmare, started hoovering the ceiling at night and putting his bin out in the middle of the night.. I lost it one night and went down and he shit himself. Was arite after that, but died of a heart attack about 3 months later

True Story.

Carl Fredrickson

As both houses are bought you should be able to check the deeds that will state who owns what and if the path is shared or not.

If you cant access the deeds (probably with your lawyer of mortgage lender) you can get copies from the Registers of Scotland for a fee.

To quote the great philosopher John 'Bomber' Brown, "whaur's the deeds"? It's easy to prove whether the path is communal or not.

I'm thinking of stopping the window cleaners from entering our back and front garden to clean their windows but I suppose the would just block us from taking wheelie bins out.

They keep telling us to check our deeds but if they were so sure we couldn't use the path I'm sure the would have photo copied there's by now and showed us if they were right.

The cheap *******s just don't want to fork out on the fee and want us too!

Franco Fascione

Get a pad of paper. Write down date, time and details of every incident - report to police or local councillor where appropriate. I'm pretty sure their daft actions over the gate is a civil matter and that's why the police couldn't take that part further, however, if they shout abuse that's a breach of the peace - good to have a second adult witness around and never get involved in the verbals.

I'm positive you have right of way on the pathway. It's not unreasonable to expect to take bicycles, bins, garden rubbish, etc around the side of the house, rather than through your house. My best advice is to phone Citizens Advice Bureau, they'll have dealt with similar situations before and the advice comes free.

If they lay a finger on your kids, even if it's not an assault, I'd still phone the police to seek advice, so the incident is logged and you can build up a picture of what is going on.

Good luck, they sound like horrible auld ?^>+$.

I had something similar when I stayed in Galashiels. The guy below was a nightmare, started hoovering the ceiling at night and putting his bin out in the middle of the night.. I lost it one night and went down and he shit himself. Was arite after that, until I murdered him and buried him under the patio, had to move house not long after that.

True Story.

:gangsta:

If you have a right of way by foot over a neighbour's garden/yard then they cannot at any time block or refuse your rights to use it. Only you, as the beneficiary of the RoW, can say if it is to be given up at any point.

If there is anything blocking your right of way you also have the right to remove that item to one side, though a gate can be put up, so long as sets of keys are provided for your household. It's also not permitted to have a dog loose on a right of way. Usually this kind of RoW is wide enough to take a 'wheelbarrow' which means you can take bins, bikes, prams, wheelchairs etc through, but not cars!

If you are private it will be in your deeds what rights you have and if council, ask them for clarification

I found this on Internet

all my surrounding neighbours think it's shocking that they are refusing us access and keep telling us they can't do it. All houses in the area are built the same way.

If you have a right of way by foot over a neighbour's garden/yard then they cannot at any time block or refuse your rights to use it. Only you, as the beneficiary of the RoW, can say if it is to be given up at any point.

If there is anything blocking your right of way you also have the right to remove that item to one side, though a gate can be put up, so long as sets of keys are provided for your household. It's also not permitted to have a dog loose on a right of way. Usually this kind of RoW is wide enough to take a 'wheelbarrow' which means you can take bins, bikes, prams, wheelchairs etc through, but not cars!

If you are private it will be in your deeds what rights you have and if council, ask them for clarification

I found this on Internet

all my surrounding neighbours think it's shocking that they are refusing us access and keep telling us they can't do it. All houses in the area are built the same way.

Threaten the *****

3fingersreid

If its a back garden then access can be denied apart from items too big to take through the house ie. wheelie bins. I know because the auld fat cow 2 doors from us has done it with council backing.

I'm not doubting your individual case but no court would say you can't access YOUR property surely?

Maybe someone with a legal background could comment

Guest C00l K1d

Just tell them to **** off and you'll use the path if you want.

Old folk like that annoy the shite out of me. Just purposefully being awkward because they have shite all else to do all day.

Ive had a few run ins with auld folk like that, auld prats.

Get a pad of paper. Write down date, time and details of every incident - report to police or local councillor where appropriate. I'm pretty sure their daft actions over the gate is a civil matter and that's why the police couldn't take that part further, however, if they shout abuse that's a breach of the peace - good to have a second adult witness around and never get involved in the verbals.

I'm positive you have right of way on the pathway. It's not unreasonable to expect to take bicycles, bins, garden rubbish, etc around the side of the house, rather than through your house. My best advice is to phone Citizens Advice Bureau, they'll have dealt with similar situations before and the advice comes free.

If they lay a finger on your kids, even if it's not an assault, I'd still phone the police to seek advice, so the incident is logged.

Yeah a civil matter is what was quoted.

The police officer tried to reason with the neighbour and come to a solution but the officer came back to us and said they are not budging and will not reason.

The officer also mention when they are abusive do not retaliate and walk away!

Why is this? Would I be seen as just as guilty if were caught up in a slagging match which has happened in the past even though they instigated the row?

Franco Fascione

Yeah a civil matter is what was quoted.

The police officer tried to reason with the neighbour and come to a solution but the officer came back to us and said they are not budging and will not reason.

The officer also mention when they are abusive do not retaliate and walk away!

Why is this? Would I be seen as just as guilty if were caught up in a slagging match which has happened in the past even though they instigated the row?

If you got into an argument with them, (a wee bit of shouting and swearing), then technically you can both make a complaint to the police about each other and it's possible both of you end up charged with a breach or worse. Police gave you the best advice, self-restraint then walk away. Let them rant they'll soon ****** up. Stay cool and calculated.

Phone Citizens Advice on Monday, honestly, they are pretty good!

I feel ur pain mate

Nowhere near as bad as that. But my upper neighbours are utter twats

Stomp around their flat at all hours, absolutely horrendous when they have been on a night out. They will march up the stairs and since its concrete can hear her heels clip clopping up, he whistles as loud as he can.

They have rolling wardrobes so whenever they open we hear it, thats at all hours, mornings at 6am,(luckily i am up for work most days by this time my partner isnt tho) nights at 11pm (despite claims of going to bed at 930! Pffft)

He is the worse of the two and regularly plays music loud when shes not their but doesnt answer his door when i knock)

But apparently we r the horrible ones because our 2 year old kid runs and screams in our house! On more than one occasion they have been in my face shouting off how our son is 'ruining their lifes'

They have condescended and abused us many times that i just give it back, but he is an erse in general and her a trollope.

Theyr 50+ no kids an wee teamers! Tells u all.

Luckily bcos of the flat i technically own the majority of the garden so i can spite them how i please...

But hope u get those sorted mae

Utter scum.

U do my neighbours I'll do yours?

Franco Fascione

Shite in a brown paper bag. Light it. Put it through their letter box.

Job done.

Ring the bell, run round the corner, listen to them try to stamp the flames out!

If you got into an argument with them, (a wee bit of shouting and swearing), then technically you can both make a complaint to the police about each other and it's possible both of you end up charged with a breach or worse. Police gave you the best advice, self-restraint then walk away. Let them rant they'll soon ****** up. Stay cool and calculated.

Phone Citizens Advice on Monday, honestly, they are pretty good!

Great help. Thanks

But will Citizens Advice only advise to check deeds?

Something I'm in no rush to do cause I know I have access to my back garden (surely)

I could even show them I have access and they would still refuse right if way!

They done axe tyke the same with water leak

Great help. Thanks

But will Citizens Advice only advise to check deeds?

Something I'm in no rush to do cause I know I have access to my back garden (surely)

I could even show them I have access and they would still refuse right if way!

They done axe tyke the same with water leak

If you own your house, you'll surely have a copy of the deeds as you're given a copy at the time of purchase.

If you go to the Land Register, the Customer Service Dept will get them printed off for you in a matter of minutes. Go to www.ros.gov.uk & I'm pretty sure the prices are on the site

If you own your house, you'll surely have a copy of the deeds as you're given a copy at the time of purchase.

If you go to the Land Register, the Customer Service Dept will get them printed off for you in a matter of minutes. Go to www.ros.gov.uk & I'm pretty sure the prices are on the site

It's all electronic now and bank hold on to deeds until mortgage is paid.

If these idiots want me to stop using shared path then they can pay and show me their deeds.

Until then they can jump

It's all electronic now and bank hold on to deeds until mortgage is paid.

If these idiots want me to stop using shared path then they can pay and show me their deeds.

Until then they can jump

I work at the Land Register. Pretty certain under Freedom of Information, you can turn up & ask to have a copy. Don't quote me on that, but a phone call to the Customer Services Dept & they'd be able to tell you for definite

I would get a copy from the bank of the deeds it will take no time at all and for little or no charge, then I would make 30 copies and every time they challenge you about the path i would post a copy through their door with the highlighted section.

After 10 copies they will stop and if they dont then the next time you can hand a copy to a lawyer who will put the sh^{es up them because you will have everything logged and will have done nothing wrong.

If they're in their 70's, they've kind of overstayed their welcome anyway.

Just murder them.

This. Tie some chicken wire round the top of the stairs at knee height. You'll never get caught.

Paint their windows black when they're asleep.

:lol:

I did similar as a youth, there was an old fud who took great pleasure phoning the dibble every time we dared to stand at the corner of the street and hang around or kick around with a ball, despite us not actually doing anything.

One night when we were camping out up the woods, we stole all his gnomes, his swans and other garden ornaments and painted them different colours with tester pots from B&Q, pink swans, luminous orange gnomes with black beards etc.

We also sellotaped black bin bags over all the downstairs windows!

To this day, I'm amazed we got away with it!!

The Old Tolbooth

This. Tie some chicken wire round the top of the stairs at knee height. You'll never get caught.

I did similar as a youth, there was an old fud who took great pleasure phoning the dibble every time we dared to stand at the corner of the street and hang around or kick around with a ball, despite us not actually doing anything.

One night when we were camping out up the woods, we stole all his gnomes, his swans and other garden ornaments and painted them different colours with tester pots from B&Q, pink swans, luminous orange gnomes with black beards etc.

We also sellotaped black bin bags over all the downstairs windows!

To this day, I'm amazed we got away with it!!

FFS.

Doctor FinnBarr

I'm not doubting your individual case but no court would say you can't access YOUR property surely?

Maybe someone with a legal background could comment

Well I can only go by what the council told me, and all because the bairn left her front gate open one day and a dog shit on her path. It's besides the point that the said dog belongs to her niece who stays next door on the other side.

:isee:

Checking the title deeds is a must. Found out the Mrs was paying a solicitor a tenner a year to hold on to ours, even though you can get them reprinted for about 20 or 30 quid (I think), if you somehow manage to lose them.

Anyway got them back and had a read through. There's some interesting and funny stuff in them, I'm not allowed to graze livestock on my property, trees are sine died (I'm in breach :o )all sorts of obscure stuff. Stuff that a petty person may be able to use against a neighbour, although how you'd get a no tree rule enforced I don't know.

Personally I'd try to build some bridges, be the bigger person and all that good stuff. We don't have any bother with our neighbours whose back garden we have to use to access ours. They did once have a go at the boy for wandering round as he only had a back door key, but we had a word, told them we'd make sure he kept his voice down and didn't peer in their windows and all was well. That said, we have kind of adopted there cat which thinks it lives here now, so I might not be so calm and collected if that escalates out of control.

For 5 years we got on fine till I asked them to fix a water leak.

They refused so environmental health intervened and forced their hand.

Now we are worst enemy's!

To access or exit our back garden we have to go through a shared communal path which runs past the side of the house past their front door.

They now block our garden gate with bins and shout abuse out their windows if we attempt to exit our garden with the kids cycling bikes.

They told us we now can only enter or exit our back garden on wheelie bin days but for no other purpose like bikes, prams, wheelchairs etc.

They even physically stopped my child from using the path to get his ball he kicked over the fence.

They didn't strike him but put their hand in him to stop him passing!

Police have spoke to them about the abuse but can't help regarding the use of the back gate.

I've now had enough and will use my back gate as often as I want.

Is there anything (legal) I can do to piss these idiots off but still stay on the right side of the law.

They watch my kids constantly from their windows when my kids play either out the front or back garden (creepy)

My neighbour are both in ther 70s lol

But are a pair of nasty *******s that deserve a taste of there own medicine.

You will have a communal right of way..if they get shirty inform them of this, tell them to check their title deeds and to contact their lawyer if they want to take matters further.............all at their cost of course................and tell them if access is restricted you will take legal action against them and they should check with their lawyer the cost that will involve when they lose.

Sometimes,just sometimes you just have to stray slightly out of the law.

Get a grip of the coffin dodging auld ****, make sure no one else is around and explain the facts of life to him, "lay a finger on my kids again and I'll be using your arm and hand as a back scratcher and until you can prove that the path is your property then we'll continue to use it".

If he reports you for threatening him you just deny it, your word against his.

Archived