Ratings

Coco

Just back from the perfect culmination of 2 and a half years of the worst football management I can remember - capitulation to a ragbag Gretna side about to go out of existence.

Banks - 5 - no chance with goal, has kept his personal standards up this rotten season

Thomson - 2 - horror show in 1st half, marginally better in 2nd half, after the 5 games looks like 2nd Division will be his level

Karipidis - 4 - soft touch

Zaliukas - 5 - was actually doing okay until took a sore one to the face and was carried off

Wallace - 3 - badly needs motivation, coaching and a good season next year

Kingston - 2 - plays for himself not the team, one good shot and 2 crosses - glad to see the fans are waking up to him

Stewart - 3 - rubbish

Screpis - 2 - another from Vlad's Bumper Book of Don't Touch This Journeyman Bosman (Ratings 1-3)

Chesney - 3 - not much cop

Mole - 5 - worked very hard, our biggest threat

Glen - 2 - stupid - was fouled, but kicked out at the Gretna defender in retaliation (Underhill signalled elbow but gave the right red card for the wrong reason); hopefully Glen will learn from this

No 28- 0 - watching Hearts with him on the substitutes bench is like cleaning out the fridge - sooner or later you know that you are going to have to pick up the putrid, stinking brown mess of 6 week old salad (and Ivaskevicius is going to come on after an hour) - had the worst miss I have ever seen in professional football - on the goalline with the goal open

Palazuelos - 1 - not much time but contributed hee haw

McGowan - 7 - and MoTM - showed enough to show that we should have seen much more of him this season, one great mazy

Frail - 0 - for the 3rd match in a row he gets a 0 from me. He claims to be picking the side without interference so he should be getting it with both barrels. Once again brought No 28 on. Didn't change the shape at all with the substitutions again. Not enough guts in midfield.

We are a poor poor team without the tackling of Neilson, Berra and Jonsson.

Gretna deserved the victory - and after the game I was quite glad for them. We deserved nothing.

18 year old centre half comes on as sub and is biggest threat. Sums us up.

What sums us up is that a player with that ability and confidence has had 10 minutes of first team football this season - and look at the number of games Beniusis, Ksnavicius, Ivaskevicius, Elliot etc have got. Sickening.

Just back from the perfect culmination of 2 and a half years of the worst football management I can remember - capitulation to a ragbag Gretna side about to go out of existence.

Banks - 5 - no chance with goal, has kept his personal standards up this rotten season

Thomson - 2 - horror show in 1st half, marginally better in 2nd half, after the 5 games looks like 2nd Division will be his level

Zaliukas - 5 - was actually doing okay until took a sore one to the face and was carried off

Kingston - 2 - plays for himself not the team, one good shot and 2 crosses - glad to see the fans are waking up to him

Stewart - 3 - rubbish

Screpis - 2 - another from Vlad's Bumper Book of Don't Touch This Journeyman Bosman (Ratings 1-3)

Glen - 2 - stupid - was fouled, but kicked out at the Gretna defender in retaliation (Underhill signalled elbow but gave the right red card for the wrong reason); hopefully Glen will learn from this

No 28- 0 - watching Hearts with him on the substitutes bench is like cleaning out the fridge - sooner or later you know that you are going to have to pick up the putrid, stinking brown mess of 6 week old salad (and Ivaskevicius is going to come on after an hour) - had the worst miss I have ever seen in professional football - on the goalline with the goal open

McGowan - 7 - and MoTM - showed enough to show that we should have seen much more of him this season, one great mazy

Frail - 0 - for the 3rd match in a row he gets a 0 from me. He claims to be picking the side without interference so he should be getting it with both barrels. Once again brought No 28 on. Didn't change the shape at all with the substitutions again. Not enough guts in midfield.

Gretna deserved the victory - and after the game I was quite glad for them. We deserved nothing.

Did the players applaud the fans?

Walter Bishop

Where was Pinilla? Surely worth a shot on the bench?

Geoff Kilpatrick

My ratings: -

Mark Donaldson - 3

Lawrence Broadie - 1

Craig Fowler - 1

Lawrence, do us a favour and get a new presenter for Hearts World next season (if I decide to renew my sub that is).

As for the team, who cares?

It's a pity that, unlike other clubs have done in the past, we didn't use the bottom six to play a few youngsters. Glen and Thomson are the only two who have been given a chance and Thomson is 20 already. Instead, we continued playing the same players. Surely we have some youngsters who could have at least been given a game or two to show how good they are.

Ryan Gosling

Mark Donaldson - 3

Lawrence Broadie - 1

Craig Fowler - 1

Lawrence, do us a favour and get a new presenter for Hearts World next season (if I decide to renew my sub that is).

Lawrence is woeful.

I loved his comment about 'the game is swinging towards Hearts now' in the last 10 mins.

Ryan Gosling
Where was Pinilla? Surely worth a shot on the bench?

Chile. He's on the end of season break with Romanov's permission. He's due back in two weeks which is when he goes to Lithuania for 10 days.

willie wallace

Stewart - 3 - rubbish

Pretty much agree with your ratings but no matter how poor we were we still had enough chances in the second half to win the game.Gretna scored with their only shot in the second half[where was the defence].

Did the players applaud the fans?

More bizzare than that, some fans applauded the team at the end:eek:

Only around six applauded, banks, mcgowan, karipides, zaulikus, palazuelos from memory, maybe missed a couple though. I stayed to appluad, my applause was to McGowan who came on and had the confidence to actually ask for the ball and Banks who knows what it means to play for our club. Anyway, its over at last!

It is hard to describe just how bad Hearts were tonight.

However, perhaps I need to look on the bright side. A historical moment as Gretna's last game.

And hopefully the last game for us for Kingston, Ivaskevicius, Palazuelos, Screpis, Zaliukas, Thomson, Stewart ...

Steve Banks - 6

Jason Thomson - 3

Hristos Karipidis - 5

Marius Zaliukas - 6

Lee Wallace - 2

Michael Stewart - 4

Fernando Scepris - 4

Laryea Kingston - 4

Deividas Cesnauskis - 5

Gary Glen - 2

Jamie Mole - 5

JamboRossi79

I agree Sked mostly with one exception

Steve Banks - 6

Jason Thomson - 3

Hristos Karipidis - 5

Marius Zaliukas - 6

Lee Wallace - 2

Michael Stewart - 0

Fernando Scepris - 4

Laryea Kingston - 4

Deividas Cesnauskis - 5

Gary Glen - 2

Jamie Mole - 5

Steve Banks 7

Jason Thomson 5

Lee Wallace 5

Christos Karipidis 6

Marius Zaliukas 6

Laryea Kingston 6

Deividas Cesnauskis 6

Michael Stewart 5

Fernando Screpis 4

Gary Glen 4

Jamie Mole 7

Subs

Palazuelos 6

Ivaskeivicus 5

McGowan 6

Mark Donaldson - 3

Lawrence Broadie - 1

Craig Fowler - 1

:sad:

Craig Gordons Gloves
Tonights ratings:

Gretna 1

Hearts 0

says it all Cade.

Geoff Kilpatrick
:sad:

Sorry, but all these little 'in jokes' on HW are really starting to irritate me. And, no offence, but having Lawrence and you being classed as the match experts makes a mockery of the commentary.

Fair enough, I know no one really cared about the game but at least try to be professional about it. There were many games that bored me to tears when I was commentating for the blind at Tynecastle but I had to be their eyes at the ground. I expect the same from x thousands of miles away.

Coco, your description of what it feels like when Ivaskevicius comes on has helped to cheer me up immeasurably..."a putrid, stinking brown mess of 6 week old salad"........genius!

Sorry, but all these little 'in jokes' on HW are really starting to irritate me. And, no offence, but having Lawrence and you being classed as the match experts makes a mockery of the commentary.

Fair enough, I know no one really cared about the game but at least try to be professional about it. There were many games that bored me to tears when I was commentating for the blind at Tynecastle but I had to be their eyes at the ground. I expect the same from x thousands of miles away.

To be fair, Mackay, Sandison and Crabbe all were unavailable for the game last night. I don't think it was ever stated we were experts.

Ally Alexander
It's a pity that, unlike other clubs have done in the past, we didn't use the bottom six to play a few youngsters. Glen and Thomson are the only two who have been given a chance and Thomson is 20 already. Instead, we continued playing the same players. Surely we have some youngsters who could have at least been given a game or two to show how good they are.

High waste of an opportunity Frail said that he would give under 19s a chance and he only gives Glen and Thomson starts and Mcgowan 10 minutes. He should have played more or less the under 19 team last night with 3 or 4 more experienced players.

Geoff Kilpatrick
To be fair, Mackay, Sandison and Crabbe all were unavailable for the game last night. I don't think it was ever stated we were experts.

Fair enough.

However, I would suggest then that if Gary Mackay is employed as a "media analyst" by Hearts, it should be stipulated that he actually attends the games. HW used to invite a number of guests onto the show. Now it struggles through with the likes of Banderson.

And I'm not meaning it personally. I just think it's hard to justify ?40 on the current set up at present when that is the quality of the product.

Archived