U20s v DAFC

Jambobay

Hope it's a good game, I totally forgot it was on tonight or would have headed along, too late now though, will miss the first half at least.

Are you going to do updates?

Hope it's a good game, I totally forgot it was on tonight or would have headed along, too late now though, will miss the first half at least.

Are you going to do updates?

FF is here but will do

0-1 ht hearts unlucky to be behind, playing the better football without creating any clear cut chances, pars keeper made two good saves from Oliver. Pitch very bobbly but Hearts still trying to play passing game.

Two subs Ford, Wilson off Craigie Scott on, change back four Smith to c half Beith left bk, Simpson right bk

I have to be honest and say I've not been impressed, fully expect him to be more influential in games even if he's short of match fitness.

Clerry Jambo

I have to be honest and say I've not been impressed, fully expect him to be more influential in games even if he's short of match fitness.

Maybe it was just the hype which can be unfair on a player, but he wasn't showing enough for me pre injury, now whether his head wasn't right after the rejected bids by Forest, I don't know but would like to see him show some form as he undoubtedly has ability

I think Holt just needs time. There is talk of the injury still giving him slight bother. It is likely he is only working at 60% to see if there is any reaction. Hence why he isn't being thrown into the first time yet. I have no doubt if the injury was totally gone he would be getting much more first team action. Locke seemed to like him before he was injured.

All roads lead to Gorgie

How did King and Oliver the two first team fringe players look. And does Ridgers look like challenging Jamie Mac soon ?

The changes at half time and the change if tactic to go long affected the game, midfield struggled to get involved and the long ball was easily dealt with by the pars centre halfs. Oliver didn't get much service second half but looked dangerous in the first with the ball into feet, Billy also fell out the game second half, talent is there for all to see just needs to develop aspects of his game. I've seen this team play great passing football at times and just hope that the long ball game was a one off !!

The changes at half time and the change if tactic to go long affected the game, midfield struggled to get involved and the long ball was easily dealt with by the pars centre halfs. Oliver didn't get much service second half but looked dangerous in the first with the ball into feet, Billy also fell out the game second half, talent is there for all to see just needs to develop aspects of his game. I've seen this team play great passing football at times and just hope that the long ball game was a one off !!

Footballfirst

Pretty poor performance I'm afraid.

We did have the better of the (few) first half chances, but the Pars scored with a scrappy effort from James Thomas from all of a yard after 37 minutes, although it might have been an o.g. Hearts had a couple of chances to clear the ball from a corner but paid the penalty for failing to do so. Gary Oliver looked pretty sharp in the first half but clipped the top of the bar with one effort and the keeper made a good diving stop for his other good chance. Billy King also had one effort blocked on the line.

Robbie Neilson made a couple of changes at half time, but if anything they lost any creativity they had with Angus Beith moving to left back and Liam Smith moving to centre back to accommodate the subs. Hearts hardly had possession in the Pars half during the second half far less create any chances. I think Robbie Buchanan had a shot on target in the 88th minute, but that was it. The Pars second goal was well worked with a low cross from the left leaving the unmarked Thomas at the back post with a virtual tap-in.

The pitch certainly didn't help, but Hearts hardly strung two passes together all night. We also reverted to the long ball all too readily and nothing was sticking with the front men.

All roads lead to Gorgie

Long ball not good for the likes of Holt but at least he along with Oliver and King got game time even if tactics not ideal. Cheers.

Jambof3tornado

Long ball not good for the likes of Holt but at least he along with Oliver and King got game time even if tactics not ideal. Cheers.

long ball will get holt used to being back in the 1st team.

loveofthegame

Watched the 15s lose 3-2 to Hibs at riccarton earlier. Windy conditions made it difficult but not a lot of football played by either side.

Thought hearts were the better side for the majority of the game but failed to create many clear cut chances.

A draw would have been the fair result.

Pretty poor performance I'm afraid.

We did have the better of the (few) first half chances, but the Pars scored with a scrappy effort from James Thomas from all of a yard after 37 minutes, although it might have been an o.g. Hearts had a couple of chances to clear the ball from a corner but paid the penalty for failing to do so. Gary Oliver looked pretty sharp in the first half but clipped the top of the bar with one effort and the keeper made a good diving stop for his other good chance. Billy King also had one effort blocked on the line.

Robbie Neilson made a couple of changes at half time, but if anything they lost any creativity they had with Angus Beith moving to left back and Liam Smith moving to centre back to accommodate the subs. Hearts hardly had possession in the Pars half during the second half far less create any chances. I think Robbie Buchanan had a shot on target in the 88th minute, but that was it. The Pars second goal was well worked with a low cross from the left leaving the unmarked Thomas at the back post with a virtual tap-in.

The pitch certainly didn't help, but Hearts hardly strung two passes together all night. We also reverted to the long ball all too readily and nothing was sticking with the front men.

Could be contender for worst game I've seen this season. Reverted to launching ball to front men in first team fashion far too often, halftime changes were somewhat baffling and only resulted in the team looking totally unbalanced,no midfield and bereft of ideas.

Team looks very low in confidence and will need to improve dramatically to progress in youth cup.

Could be contender for worst game I've seen this season. Reverted to launching ball to front men in first team fashion far too often, halftime changes were somewhat baffling and only resulted in the team looking totally unbalanced,no midfield and bereft of ideas.

Team looks very low in confidence and will need to improve dramatically to progress in youth cup.

Could it be they were told to play long second half, certainly looked alien to a few who aren't used to playing that way !

Footballfirst

I noticed that "he that should not be named" was at the game tonight. I didn't recognise him at first, probably because of the facial hair.

I don't know what his fitness is like or whether he has a club to go to, but the half time pie won't help.

I hope he does find a club if that's what he wants to do, but he is going get a hard time from fans wherever he goes.

Never Let Them Forget

I noticed that "he that should not be named" was at the game tonight. I didn't recognise him at first, probably because of the facial hair.

I don't know what his fitness is like or whether he has a club to go to, but the half time pie won't help.

I hope he does find a club if that's what he wants to do, but he is going get a hard time from fans wherever he goes.

Who is that?

Winston Ingram

A bit cryptic from a poster who was previously happy to publish companies house/writ documents on here to damage the club's PR. Maybe you have a "new" regime to try and keep in with?

Footballfirst

A bit cryptic from a poster who was previously happy to publish companies house/writ documents on here to damage the club's PR. Maybe you have a "new" regime to try and keep in with?

"new" regime to keep in with? That's a bit cryptic too.

Any Hearts related documents I published here didn't damage the club's PR. The club's owner and directors managed that all by themselves. The documents were also in the public domain at Companies House or elsewhere. Perhaps you would have been happier for them to have been published on .net and for their fans to have ridiculed the club by publishing them first.

I was only reflecting the views of some on here who seem to think that Craig Thomson can no longer be named in connection with the club. :sarcasm:

Same tactics as 1st team get the ball long, at least Lockie is consistent getting both teams playing the same way :(

tartofmidlothian

:cornette:

What's this all about?

Archived