Uli Hoeness (NHC)

tartofmidlothian

Huge blow for Bayern, he's been a very important figure for them over the years. Sheer greed and he's going to pay the price for it.

i wish jj was my dad

He would have got a bonus plus knighthood here.

As long as he served up succulent lamb

heartofgold

The German revenue are always after the big fish. They jailed Stephi Graffs old man, she got a flatline fine and Boris Becker narrowly avoided the clink but they made him cough up ?4m

Adi Dassler

He's out on bail pending appeal.

They'll take his money, but I still don't think he'll do any time.

He's out on bail pending appeal.

They'll take his money, but I still don't think he'll do any time.

Beeb are saying he's resigned and wont appeal his sentence.

Cut The Crap

was he not in charge when we played them?

He was sporting director (or some such title) when we played them. Heynckes was the head coach

Adi Dassler

Beeb are saying he's resigned and wont appeal his sentence.

Yeah just seen that. Fair play to him for his statement (below). He will still be involved at Bayern I'm sure, they have a history of sticking by their men in times of personal crisis.

In a statement on the Bayern Munich website he said: "After discussing the matter with my family I have decided to accept the judgment. This corresponds to my understanding of integrity, decorum and personal responsibility.

"Evading tax was the biggest mistake of my life. I accept the consequences of this mistake.

"Furthermore I hereby resign the offices of president and chairman with immediate effect. By doing so I wish to avert further damage to my club.

"I will continue to be associated with this magnificent club and its people in other ways for as long as I live. I wish to thank from the heart my personal friends and all followers of Bayern Munich for your support."

Yeah just seen that. Fair play to him for his statement (below). He will still be involved at Bayern I'm sure, they have a history of sticking by their men in times of personal crisis.

In a statement on the Bayern Munich website he said: "After discussing the matter with my family I have decided to accept the judgment. This corresponds to my understanding of integrity, decorum and personal responsibility.

"Evading tax was the biggest mistake of my life. I accept the consequences of this mistake.

"Furthermore I hereby resign the offices of president and chairman with immediate effect. By doing so I wish to avert further damage to my club.

"I will continue to be associated with this magnificent club and its people in other ways for as long as I live. I wish to thank from the heart my personal friends and all followers of Bayern Munich for your support."

I agree it's a fair enough statement. But the cynic in me says that his acceptance of the sentence is more likely to lead to early release than a doomed appeal.

Adi Dassler

I agree it's a fair enough statement. But the cynic in me says that his acceptance of the sentence is more likely to lead to early release than a doomed appeal.

Indeed.

Uli Hoeness has a lot of friends in a lot of high places. He won't be doing a hard 3 year bid put it that way.

I think they were speculating about possible 'day releases' before the trial even began.

Archived