Anyone else chuffed with the way things have gone??

lewis2006

Honestly I think tonight's result, along with the way results have panned out over the last 4 months, could be the best thing that has happened to HMFC since Burley was dumped.

Romanov must now surely see that this isn't working and that change is needed.

If no appointment is made in the next month then fine, the hobos were right, roll on the protests...however I have a funny feeling BIG changes will be made this summer starting with a mass clearout top to bottom.

Thank you Gretna FC and the rest of the dross that has taken points off us this season...you may just be the catalyst for change at Tynie.

Hans von Luck
Honestly I think tonight's result, along with the way results have panned out over the last 4 months, could be the best thing that has happened to HMFC since Burley was dumped.

If no appointment is made in the next month then fine, the hobos were right, roll on the protests...however I have a funny feeling BIG changes will be made this summer starting with a mass clearout top to bottom.

Thank you Gretna FC and the rest of the dross that has taken points off us this season...you may just be the catalyst for change at Tynie.

Well said young man as Old Big Ead would have said :fing25:

I tried to bet Gretna tonight with Hills but couldn't find it on the website. Delighted we lost, now we are at rock bottom, can only get better.

I tried to bet Gretna tonight with Hills but couldn't find it on the website. Delighted we lost, now we are at rock bottom, can only get better.

6-1 Gretna tonight. A few mates of mine have been backing against hearts nearly every week and have made a small fortune off us. Wish I had followed suit!!

I did bet Gretna tonight. 10er on at 6s with Paddy Power.

Its the first time i have ever bet against Hearts... It may not be the last.

The Old Tolbooth

I actually agree with you Lewis but you will get the usual pundits on here saying your not a true fan because your happy we lost, even although you had Hearts best intentions at heart!

Time for a complete gutting of the club, however the longer we take to appoint a manager, the less time someone has to turn it around!

I did bet Gretna tonight. 10er on at 6s with Paddy Power.

Its the first time i have ever bet against Hearts... It may not be the last.

The amount of teams to take full points at tynie with odds of over 4-1 has been crazy!!

I actually agree with you Lewis but you will get the usual pundits on here saying your not a true fan because your happy we lost, even although you had Hearts best intentions at heart!

Time for a complete gutting of the club, however the longer we take to appoint a manager, the less time someone has to turn it around!

Always look on the bright side as they say.....at the end of the day it could be a massive turning point.

No matter how daft folk think Vlad is there is NO way he will be happy spending 10 million on wages for this kind of return.

He seems passionate about football and I cannot believe for one minute he will want a repeat performance of the last 2 season.

Time will tell I suppose.....

The amount of teams to take full points at tynie with odds of over 4-1 has been crazy!!

I ken. Theres been 3 or 4 times this season that ive thought about backing against us but bottled out of it due to the feeling of disloyalty.

Tonight i just thought feck it and it earned me a few quid.

As i said it might not be the last time i do it.

Never want to see Hearts lose but I suppose the last 3 results just show how bad we are. Time for big big changes.

I ken. Theres been 3 or 4 times this season that ive thought about backing against us but bottled out of it due to the feeling of disloyalty.

For 4 team accumulators backing against hearts has been a god send!!!

Buffalo Bill
Never want to see Hearts lose but I suppose the last 3 results just show how bad we are. Time for big big changes.

What he said.

Buffalo Bill

shaun.lawson

Posts like this tickle me. It's astonishing how much faith some seem to have in this man. The guy is a ruthless, successful businessman - and the idea that he's somehow been unable to see what Stevie Wonder could is, frankly, preposterous. At what point do people wake up and realise he's probably perfectly happy with how things are going, could not care less whether we are successful or not, and is motivated by entirely separate things?

I asked this question after the first game of the season against Hibs, and would suggest it's even more paramount after the miserable campaign which followed.

hartyfaeclery

the bookies will not be so stupid next season most teams will be money on at tynie

Father Tiresias
Posts like this tickle me. It's astonishing how much faith some seem to have in this man. The guy is a ruthless, successful businessman - and the idea that he's somehow been unable to see what Stevie Wonder could is, frankly, preposterous. At what point do people wake up and realise he's probably perfectly happy with how things are going, could not care less whether we are successful or not, and is motivated by entirely separate things?

I asked this question after the first game of the season against Hibs, and would suggest it's even more paramount after the miserable campaign which followed.

Your absolutely right Shaun. I've been saying this for many months now that the owners interest with Hearts and has absolutely nothing to do with delivering a successful football team to the fans!!

So do you think UBIG will be happy having blown 10 million in the last year with no return??

What are the other motives??

How does having an unsuccessful team on the park benefit UBIG?

Call me naive but I cant get my head round that :confused:

Because you're asking followers of a football club to accept that the primary aim of their football club is not to win matches. Tragically you are probably not wrong, but this is like asking an addict to admit they have a problem or for the devout to lose faith. Be gentle, pain hurts.

Because you're asking followers of a football club to accept that the primary aim of their football club is not to win matches. Tragically you are probably not wrong, but this is like asking an addict to admit they have a problem or for the devout to lose faith. Be gentle, pain hurts.

Brilliant post.

While I didn't disagree with what Shaun said, part of it didn't sit right. IMO Pablo, this was the perfect retort.

shaun.lawson
So do you think UBIG will be happy having blown 10 million in the last year with no return??

What are the other motives??

How does having an unsuccessful team on the park benefit UBIG?

Call me naive but I cant get my head round that :confused:

Oh, and quite understandably so. But the longer this nonsense goes on, the more I come to believe that it isn't nonsense at all - it's very much intended. The team on the park is, I strongly suspect, entirely incidental to the project, which is centred around the stadium development and on UBIG gaining a foothold in the Edinburgh business world. And as for the ?10m - well, that depends on whether it really has been 'blown', and where exactly it's going.

shaun.lawson

Sure. But sadly, I don't think gentleness is called for here: we have to sit up, be counted, and abandon any remaining faith, while acknowledging that the club we love is in very serious trouble.

Don't get me wrong: I've had many periods when I've tried to believe, and convince myself things would turn out ok. The club has until June 30 to finally sway me one way or the other - but if we don't start preseason with a credible, fully autonomous manager in place, there's only one conclusion which will be possible to draw: namely, that this pathetic season will have had no impact at all on those in charge, and that they refuse to abandon their way of doing things because said way suits them just fine.

The ball's in their court; it's up to them. But I know what my gut is starting to tell me. And incidentally, if a proper manager is unveiled after all, it will still be a case of watch this space: we know what happened to our last proper manager, and it might well be that UBIG switch all their attention to the stadium redevelopment - meaning that once it's in place, we'll just return to the old, failed way of doing things again.

shaun.lawson
I like shaun.lawson

Bless! And I like you too, Jammy T! :5643:

I don't know if you are aware, but we were totally gash last season , got dumped out the cup (we were cup holders then) by a **** poor DAFC when we looked like we couldn't (and didn't ) score in a brothel.

No offence , but get used to it.

Tonight we have seen the future and it's pretty depressing stuff.

The sacking of Burley proved conclusively that Romanov couldn't give a monkeys about the team. It still defies logic now and always will. In that moment of vandalism Romanov gave himself away. Anyone who retains romantic notions of him suddenly seeing the error of his ways really ought to have a long lie down in a dark room. His true intentions have yet to be revealed.

bobsajambo1

Good post, I think you may have something there ?

funktasticlad

Eh?

So you believe romanov enjoys being made a fool of in the media?

He enjoys losing?

Enjoys spending money with no return?

Enjoys being hated by fans that sang his name when he arrived?

What separate things motivate him that you speak of?

shaun.lawson
Eh?

So you believe romanov enjoys being made a fool of in the media?

He enjoys losing?

Enjoys spending money with no return?

Enjoys being hated by fans that sang his name when he arrived?

What separate things motivate him that you speak of?

I say again: he's not interested in the team. He is (or rather, UBIG are) interested in the stadium development and gaining a foothold in the business community here - and I'm not at all convinced that the huge amounts going on wages are actually leaving the Romanov empire at all. It saddles us (that's Hearts, not UBIG) with more and more debt, sure - but as long as the value of our assets rise in tandem, and aren't left behind by the debt, he's fine.

Hence the need for cost cutting, and a maximum ?40m overdraft: hence too why others have begun referring to us as a "football laundry".

funktasticlad
I say again: he's not interested in the team. He is (or rather, UBIG are) interested in the stadium development and gaining a foothold in the business community here - and I'm not at all convinced that the huge amounts going on wages are actually leaving the Romanov empire at all. It saddles us (that's Hearts, not UBIG) with more and more debt, sure - but as long as the value of our assets rise in tandem, and aren't left behind by the debt, he's fine.

Hence the need for cost cutting, and a maximum ?40m overdraft: hence too why others have begun referring to us as a "football laundry".

Yeah but its still within his best interests for us to be a success on the park for his business interests you mention to be successful. I mean Romanov is known throughout the UK for being hearts owner more than director of UBIG and it doesnt bode well in a business sence if hearts are the village idiot of scottish football in terms of the way we are being ran.

I know loads of posters on here believe he should just leave cause its his fault we're in this mess and i understand where they are coming from but i still hope he gets it right and does what the OP states. Come this time next year if its still the same shambles then fair does, i'll hold my hands up and say yeah i was a mug. I mean i'd rather still hold some faith that things will turn good than be in the lets kill stevie frail the end is nye brigade

shaun.lawson
Yeah but its still within his best interests for us to be a success on the park for his business interests you mention to be successful. I mean Romanov is known throughout the UK for being hearts owner more than director of UBIG and it doesnt bode well in a business sence if hearts are the village idiot of scottish football in terms of the way we are being ran.

I know loads of posters on here believe he should just leave cause its his fault we're in this mess and i understand where they are coming from but i still hope he gets it right and does what the OP states. Come this time next year if its still the same shambles then fair does, i'll hold my hands up and say yeah i was a mug. I mean i'd rather still hold some faith that things will turn good than be in the lets kill stevie frail the end is nye brigade

Oh, sure - and I can't believe the rest of UBIG are at all happy with the pig's ear he's made of things. But then, notice how he's shut up over the past eighteen months or so? I think people within UBIG told him to shut up, and stop embarrassing himself and, by implication, them. Since then (and especially since we failed to reach the CL), it's become one big asset strip, with our best players sold, and the proceeds going straight to UBIG.

Of course, we now have very few decent players left to sell: meaning a switch in UBIG's strategy to almost complete focus on the redevelopment. Hence the decision to give Campell Ogilvie a much bigger day-to-day role, and Vlad and Rodney retreating from the public face of the club. This could mean that the team is at last run on more orthodox lines - but given the need to showcase players runs entirely counter to what any credible manager will insist upon, I sadly doubt it. This whole thing is about UBIG maximising their financial return - so expecting any kind of serious outlay on the team, or even for Hearts winning games to be prioritised, is, I'm afraid, pie in the sky.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Shaun, that makes no sense at all. As a building site, Tynecastle is losing value due to the decline in the property market. As for the playing side (which aren't counted on the balance sheet), I wouldn't give tuppence for half the squad at present.

Incidentally, was that you on 6-0-6 the other night?

shaun.lawson
Shaun, that makes no sense at all. As a building site, Tynecastle is losing value due to the decline in the property market. As for the playing side (which aren't counted on the balance sheet), I wouldn't give tuppence for half the squad at present.

Incidentally, was that you on 6-0-6 the other night?

Sorry, I need to rephrase slightly. UBIG inherited a debt of, what, ?21m or so? Even allowing for the depreciating property market, I'd suggest our assets are still in line with what's been leant to us since - and the danger of the two figures falling out of whack is a key factor behind the cost cutting well underway. The current debt, post the Gordon sale, is of course less than that of 31/7/07, as declared in the last accounts.

It may also be that UBIG are deliberately forcing Hearts to pay over the odds on wages, much of which is probably going straight back to them, while Hearts foot the bill. Remember, a fair proportion of our wage bill constitutes salaries for players owned by Kaunas (and hence, Romanov/UBIG) - and others owned by German Tschenko's agency, which has extremely close ties to Vlad. So while it all adds to our debt, it may well be that a great deal of the money is just swallowed up by Romanov's empire: more than likely, enough to make a sizeable profit actually.

And yes, it was me! I was really put out when Spoony wouldn't let me come back in to answer that Rangers ned's gibberish about Barry Ferguson just being a "wholehearted player": it was kinda fun though!

I think that you give them way too much credit.

The signs on their work in the UK so far - Hearts, Castle Street (and some of the early versions of their 'business plan' not released to the public were utterly hilarious), and St Andrew's Square - suggest that they don't have a clue how to run businesses. For a 'ruthless businessman' VR appears to be pretty poor at running businesses.

I think that the explanation for the current 'strategy' is a bit easier. They have run out of money.

I don't see what last night's result will change. Why would it set alarm bells ringing now in a meaningless, end of season fixture? Surely our decline from when Burley left should have been the time when Vlad realised he'd got things wrong?

chester copperpot

Do people still believe this is going to happen mate. :confused:

Ally Alexander

Shaun,

You are right, but only partial. The football side at the moment is not the top priority. Only once revenues come in from the Stadium build will football gain primacy. However doubt if the current mediocrity will be tolerated; expect change but possibly only enough for regaining a top 6 place.

bighalders
Do people still believe this is going to happen mate. :confused:

Sorry it has already happened, some guy called Frail, meets all the requirements and ticks all the boxes perfectly - no decent football pedigree but he'll put up with any s***e that Vlad throws his way

tommythejambo

If someone with any sense was running the club then changes would be made.

But we have incompetence all the way down from teh board room to the playing staff, so changes won't be made.

hearts_crazy
Honestly I think tonight's result, along with the way results have panned out over the last 4 months, could be the best thing that has happened to HMFC since Burley was dumped.Oh FFS

Romanov must now surely see that this isn't working and that change is needed.Yep, he'll say to Frail "try playing Ivaskevicious from the start and play Zaliukas up front with Elliot, and Glen in goals"

If no appointment is made in the next month then fine, the hobos were right, roll on the protestsDo you really believe that there will be protests? If there is going to be a protest it has to be on a large scale (too large to organise properly TBH) and Vlad has to be in town. A protest will never happen on a large enough scale, wouldn't mind starting a petition to be signed by all jambos stating catagorically that we will not accept Frail as our new Manager...however I have a funny feeling BIG changes will be made this summer starting with a mass clearout top to bottom.Are you for real? We MAY get a new Manager, he MAY be allowed to bring in a couple of players, Hearts MAY paint the home dressing room purple or something apart from that I expect Vlad to sit in Lithuania with his thumb up his dung funnel as usual

Thank you Gretna FC and the rest of the dross that has taken points off us this seasonYup thanks Gretna for the slagging I got this morning off all the OF fuds in my office, jeez, I even had a fecking Killie fan slagging me off this morning so thanks for that...you may just be the catalyst for change at Tynie]

Don't hold your breath

Don't hold your breath

Christ away hang yourself!

Talk about doom and gloom merchants!!

hearts_crazy
Christ away hang yourself!

Talk about doom and gloom merchants!!

:)Yeah, i'm one of them right enough. I'll have you know i'm one of the most optimistic posters on here, I just find it hard to be positive about getting beat off a pub team while our players just don't bother their erse playing.

I'm not trying to spread doom and gloom, and believe me I want you to be right about this, but, given Vlad's past record i'm not counting my chickens just yet. In an ideal World Vlad will say 'feckski meski we are playing like a bunch of schoolgirls, i've got to do somethingski' and actually pull his fecking finger out and DO SOMETHING. However, back in the real World may I remind you that we went the period immediately prior to the January window opening with 6 straight losses including 2 home defeats to those giants of Scottish football ICT and St Midden. And what did Vlad do in the January transfer window? Put Frail in charge, promised us a Manager (which he has yet to deliver BTW) and gave us an unfit and Fernando Screpis, who didn't even get on the pitch until 3 months later. He then followed this up with randomly selling our top scorer on a whim. Let me tell you that I was a tad underwhelmed at that effort to turn us around and expect to be similarly disappointed at his efforts over the Summer.

On a positive note - hope i'm wrong.:dribble:

Guest casper

It's pretty clear that a winning team is not part of the plan.

What his plan is I really don't know.

All I hope is that there is still a club left to support once it's served its purpose to him.

I've felt for a while now and the feeling is getting stronger that I really really wish we'd gone to Murrayfield with the pieman now. People say it would have been a slow death but is that not what we're witnessing now?

Jambotommy

I've felt for a while now and the feeling is getting stronger that I really really wish we'd gone to Murrayfield with the pieman now. People say it would have been a slow death but is that not what we're witnessing now?

I actually said on the old board, that we should have moved to murrayfield, and I took an absolute bollocking.

Mind you, I felt a little silly during Burleys tenure, lol.

Big Tam Macenkie

Without getting into more debt, how can we buy good quality players and more to the point how will we pay them? With the present squad and no gretna to prop up the league relegation is a possibility.

Archived