The 2014 Cheltenham festival thread.

Lt.Speirs

Well we might as well stick with tradition. Put all the news, views and tips here in the two weeks to the festivals. Sprinter sacre and cue card out already.

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've got ?10e/w and ?6 win on Last Installment for the Gold Cup at 50/1. Glad Cue Card is out. Now just need Bob's Worth and Conti to pull out, have some kind of freak rain on the Thursday to make the ground soft, and for all the steroids to be completely out its system before it runs :-)

Anyone going down this year? This I'd my first I've missed in a few years due to a knee operation.

A few of my mates are on Last Instalment for the Gold Cup. They got 50's, now down at 7's.

Same friends Sooperstar, me included. Was Swed 's tip

Unfortunately because mclaughlins in cannon mills has been turned into a wine bar, we will be frequenting the centurion this year, the weights for the handicaps were released today, missed the 16s for the festival handicap but took 14 with hills on Hadrians approach

The big noise from Ireland is ted veale in the johnny henderson being backed off the boards into 7/1. Has ran 3 times over frnces to get it's handicap mark, all ran on crap ground that it hates. stll running 12 pound lower over fences than hurdles. This horse will go off fav.

Same friends Sooperstar, me included. Was Swed 's tip

Aye, hadn't read your post when I made mine. Nobody told me about it so I hope you all lose!

Aye, hadn't read your post when I made mine. Nobody told me about it so I hope you all lose!

Not sure it'll run to be honest. Needs to pass another drug test, then hope the trainer isn't banned from running his horses, then needs to pish it doon fairly strongly all week. Any hint of good ground and it won't run. If those 3 things happen, then it might have a chance.

Really wanted to go this year but kind of glad I'm not now that Sprinter Sacre isn't running, would love to see that horse in the flesh.

Anyone going down this year? This I'd my first I've missed in a few years due to a knee operation.

Going for Gold Cup day. First time at Cheltenham and really looking forward to it. Not got any ante-post bets on yet but will put some on this weekend. An inch of rain forecast for the next week so am tempted to do some e/w bets on horses that like it heavy.

Going for Gold Cup day. First time at Cheltenham and really looking forward to it. Not got any ante-post bets on yet but will put some on this weekend. An inch of rain forecast for the next week so am tempted to do some e/w bets on horses that like it heavy.

I would watch with the ground Cheltenham drains liquid quicker than Ollie reed.

I've been privileged to see some phenomenal horses over the last few years. Hurricane fly, bug bucks, Denman, master minded, sprinter sacre and the best kauto star, never forget him winning his second gold was right at the winning post, watching him coming back and ruby shouting ya fu..er as he went past. Great times.

Ground now classed as soft.

They were saying it was soft the other day with rain due next week - will see how it goes.

Paddy Power giving money back as a free bet if your horse finishes in the top 4 in the Supreme Novices.

They were saying it was soft the other day with rain due next week - will see how it goes.

Paddy Power giving money back as a free bet if your horse finishes in the top 4 in the Supreme Novices.

Thunk it's second, third or fourth win stake to ?50. Irving is a knocking bet now.

Thunk it's second, third or fourth win stake to ?50. Irving is a knocking bet now.

I noted a good offer when in laddies today money back on the champion hurdle if Hurricane fly comes 1st or 2nd

Got a shout to watch out for a horse but it needs good ground and a distance of around 2.5 miles.

It is called Creepy. The trainer is knightly I think.

Annie power takes on big bucks should be a cracker.

Was reading about the Waterford Cheltenham preview with Davy Russell, John Francome etc and out of 8, 7 all went with AP. The quote from Ruby was that Big Bucks can't give AP 7lbs and a beating.

hmfc_liam06

Was reading about the Waterford Cheltenham preview with Davy Russell, John Francome etc and out of 8, 7 all went with AP. The quote from Ruby was that Big Bucks can't give AP 7lbs and a beating.

I really fancy Annie Power for this.

Slevinkelevra

The question is can annie power stay the distance at cheltenham? Having said that i'm torn between the two, big bucks is a class act. Still gutted they didnt put annie power up against hurricane fly though.

Guys. I've set up the kickback select a stable on the telegraph 2014 racing. We usually do this every year. Please join. The league name is. Kickback2014. Pin 8055274. Sorry I can't put the link up as on the phone. Cheers.

Big Buck's has had his day I think. I've had reasonably big bets, for me, on him for the past few years. Don't think I'll touch him this time round.

Sierra Delta

I really wanted to go down this year but I'm too busy with my dissertation due in a few weeks to be able to take a few days off to make the trip. Hopefully next year though.

I wouldn't discount BB he's that good.

He's a great horse but for the first time, I think I'm going to oppose. Was not impressed by how Twiston-Davies rode him.

I think he was rode to see what they had. Jumped and moved beautifully cruised all the way round, jumped the last and blew up. Though I would concede giving 7 pound us alot. They also must be very confident of her getting the 3 mile. Because that is some hill tv does it no justice.

Big Buck's has had his day I think. I've had reasonably big bets, for me, on him for the past few years. Don't think I'll touch him this time round.

Agree, didn't look the same horse last time out, knockara beau is a poor horse to get beaten by

The big noise from Ireland is ted veale in the johnny henderson being backed off the boards into 7/1. Has ran 3 times over frnces to get it's handicap mark, all ran on crap ground that it hates. stll running 12 pound lower over fences than hurdles. This horse will go off fav.

Running in the Arkle instead now.

Heard rumours that MTOY out of champion hurdle. Or something amiss.

Heard rumours that MTOY out of champion hurdle. Or something amiss.

Price is drifting so there could be something in that. My first Cheltenham bet placed - ?25 on The New One at 5/2 with Ladbrokes, to take advantage of their offer.

Just came on the racing post site. Small puncture to foot, should still run and will get a special shoe.

Not a huge fan of horse racing but love watching the Cheltenham Festival.

Hopefully my recent misadventures on the football coupons (beaten by one four out of the last five weeks) are behind me and I can win some money to go baws deep on this everyday next week.

Had loads of fun last year, even if ultimately I ended up down about ?25.

Sergio Garcia

Guys. I've set up the kickback select a stable on the telegraph 2014 racing. We usually do this every year. Please join. The league name is. Kickback2014. Pin 8055274. Sorry I can't put the link up as on the phone. Cheers.

My 3 stables are entered.

Supplemented captain cee bee for the champion hurdle. Pacemaker for his other two. Should help the new one as well. Shaping up to be a cracker.

Decs are out fir Wednesday now. You can still enter into the select a stable above.

The Great Khali

Skybet have got some sexy offers on for this.

If the favourite wins the first race you get your money back every day. Free tenner every day too.

Skybet have got some sexy offers on for this.

If the favourite wins the first race you get your money back every day. Free tenner every day too.

What is the qualifying criteria for the free tenner?

There's also this league as well.

Archived