When did you know we'd won it?

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Guest Bilel Mohsni

For me it was when the final whistle went against Celtic in the semi.

As soon as it was confirmed it was us v them, there wasn't even a shadow of a doubt.

When did you folks know?

1-5

:pleasing:

Was going to say when Beatties penalty hit the net.

In truth I tried not to be over-confident and I genuinely was nervous in case somehow the nightmare scenario came to pass, after Rudi scored our 2nd I knew it was our day, McJakeys goal never really fazed me.

I had supreme confidence as soon as we were past Celtic but I knew we had won it when Black went through Griffiths in the middle of the park. It showed very early on what team had turned up that day. From then on it was only a matter of time before we broke them.

When I shook Paul Hartleys hand outside Hampden an hour before the game. Settled any lingering nerves knowing that the H1b5 slayer was there to witness history in the making.

When Kujabi got booked, you just knew he was the weakness and I thought he was a cert to get another card, didn't think it would be so early and that we would get the penalty from it, but yes I thought that was an important point in the game in the first half.

When I went shopping for champagne and fat cigars the night before the final. The Irish lad that served me said, "I assume you're a Hearts fan?"

"Why?"

"Because it's only been Hearts fans buying this sort of stuff today"

That was the exact moment. :)

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Does anyone remember:

"Keep Calm - Spook a Jambo"

"Narrative Arc"

"We're two goals up before a ball is kicked"

"It's written in the stars"

:rofl:

Guest Bilel Mohsni

As soon as Craigy was announced as ref.

Have any of them worked out that Craigyboy and Referee Craig Thomson are the same person yet? :smug:

Suspect Device

Was confident all the way.

9am in the Roseburn telling all the nervous chaps that it'll all be fine, we're much better than them.

And at h.t when they got the nerves back I was busy saying it was sll right, we'll win 4-1.... Got that one miles wrong !!!

Guest Paul Allen

Felt they had the momentum going into the break after their goal on the stroke of half-time, wasn't until the penalty/dismissal that I knew we were definitely going to win.

I only settled down when Gowser scored !!!!!

Sorry to admit that really

Having been at dens my nerves were very much there much to the amusement of my family and friends who I was at the game with

All roads lead to Gorgie

Being honest I did not have great confidence in Jamie Mac back then so I would say when the pen went in for 3-1. I would normally have great confidence in walking all over them but with all the hype that day and knowing what was at stake it took longer than usual to start the partying.

Hearts Heritage

When we drew Auchinleck Talbot on my Birthday. Every game from then was a 'piece of piss'.

Have any of them worked out that Craigyboy and Referee Craig Thomson are the same person yet? :smug:

If that's the case he should come on here and explain why he didn't give the 2nd penalty.

Friday 15th May 1998 about 4.45.

Said to an East Fife supporter. / Rangers sympathiser as we were leaving work that while keeping external confidence in check, inwardly, I knew we were going to win.

Wrong game?

fourth goal

we nearly had it won when Suso shot was cleared off line

in reality we had it won by 5 minutes Gowser's tackle at right back showed we had a right attitude and were on top but until the goals go in its never sure

and by the way if they had kept the same intensity after 4-1 it could have been any score

letsalllaughathobos

When hibs scored before half time. Was the best thing to happen to us that day,

Thought we where slacking a bit before ht, there goal have us a kick in the arse,

The disk scores and the rest is history,

Having been at dens my nerves were very much there much to the amusement of my family and friends who I was at the game with

Snap

I was at the hospitality lunch and heard Robbo & Hartley speak before the game. When Robbo said "We have everything, they have nothing" I knew it was ours.

My nephew didn't eat for 3 days before the game caused by nerves, I told him that we didn't need to worry about Hibs, only Hearts because if we turned up we would annihilate them.

stirlingshirejambo

Felt they had the momentum going into the break after their goal on the stroke of half-time, wasn't until the penalty/dismissal that I knew we were definitely going to win.

momentum ...them

no danger. Use this as an excuse to watch it again. At no time in the game did they have any momentum. It's the myth they cling to that they had momentum until the penalty

King of the North

Being honest, was a bit nervous in the morning.

Had a couple before boarding the bus, and felt nerves disappear. The exact moment that calmness descended was when I saw the maroon 'let's get this party started' banner in a field off the m8- I knew then it was our day.

Yep.

As the nation heard me predict on STV news the night before the final, I knew we'd pump them about 5 nil.

Still raging that the filth got that one.

I knew as soon as the first round was drawn that no team could touch us. There was no way we weren't winning the cup that season. The amount of financial doping we were involved in, meant NO TEAM would live with us.

I do appreciate that others did try to compete by signing loan players here there and everywhere. However, when you have the player you've paid the highest transfer fee for (Templeton) not even stripped, it shows that we weren't on a level playing field.

We had players involved which if we're being honest, shouldn't have been playing in the SPL at the time. I'm thinking; Grainger, Taouil, Elliott, Prychynenko,, Robinson & Barr.

I feel like we cheated!!

Does anyone remember:

"Narrative Arc"

And let's not forget 'we outperformed them in the crowd'.

Oh wait, they still believe that shite :rofl:

I was confident all the way up to the final. We had winners right through the team, the filth had a fat Ching head up front. Never in any doubt.

For me it was when the final whistle went against Celtic in the semi.

As soon as it was confirmed it was us v them, there wasn't even a shadow of a doubt.

When did you folks know?

1-5

:pleasing:

Accurately predicted a tanking in the weeks before the final, on here and to workmates. I know a few jambos that had "a bad feeling" but I roundly mocked their stupidity.

There was a few lads next to me at the final that were shiting it when they scored. I was pissing myself laughing at the hibs fan's celebrations and reminded the boys next to me that the vermin would need to score another 2 goals without conceding. What a day.

I knew as soon as Beattie put his shirt back on that the Scottish Cup was in the bag. The final against them was never a case of if, but a case of how many.

And let's not forget 'we outperformed them in the crowd'.

Oh wait, they still believe that shite :rofl:

:lol:

Outperformed us at what?

Playing ******* hide and seek?

I remember walking back to our bus and seeing a hibs scarf lying in the road. I took great joy in punting it into the gutter.

i wish jj was my dad

+ 1, I'm afraid.

crazy when you think about it but it wasn't until I watched it on telly that I realised just how much we we p*ssed all over them.

All roads lead to Gorgie

When Chick Dung said Hibs, it's got to be Hibs, I should have believed then.

The Old Tolbooth

Does anyone remember:

"Narrative Arc"

:lol: :lol:

For me, the minute the full time whistle went in the semi final, the holy grail was ALWAYS coming home to Gorgie, there was NEVER any doubt for that one! Not even a shred of it.

sunblestjambo

I knew about 48 hours before kick-off, after watching an 'inspirational' video on pointonthedollwheretheytouchedyou.net. IIRC a falling over cardboard cut out cup served as a backdrop while Kujabi and other miscreants offered soul wrenchingly unmotivational soundbites. Lewis Stevenson was particular cringeworthy viewing. After watching that I knew regardless of all the 'it's our year'/mystic meg/warrior poet shyte that they where absolutely bricking themselves.

When the final whistle in the Celtic game went, I was confident. But when Oasis - Cum feel the noise was played before the game, I knew we would hump the sister shaggers

Sitting in a boozer in ORLANDO before the game started

a old guy sat next to me explaining that he was a hibby

And that hearts were a stronger team than hibs

I asked him if that was the white flag going up the pole he didn't answer

At half time my misses was a bit nervous I calmed her down by telling her

if we can't take another 3/4 goals of them I would be gutted

On a side note I gave my son my ticket for the game seat no 0105 !

About a week before the final, I was feeling nervous. A work colleague and I were talking about it and he mentioned he'd spoken to Ian Black a couple of days before, asking him if he thought we'd beat Hibs. His reply was that we'd f***** hammer them. May have been bravado from Blackie, but felt confident about it after hearing that.

I was nervously confident during the build up: a bit like waiting for the results of an exam that you think you did well in, but you don't know for sure until you've got the results.

The only time that I was worried during the match was immediately after their goal. However, I quickly relaxed when they then brought on Sproule for a defensive midfielder. They needed more possession, but that change was going to give them even less, and it was too early for a gamble.

When I went shopping for champagne and fat cigars the night before the final. The Irish lad that served me said, "I assume you're a Hearts fan?"

"Why?"

"Because it's only been Hearts fans buying this sort of stuff today"

That was the exact moment. :)

Hehehe :laugh:

Archived