Lets all laugh at the Plastics

lost in space

For ST holders to not go to this game is appalling IMO. You have paid for your ticket, so why not go? Yes we may get beat 4-0, BUT I am for one who thinks Saturday could be a good day for us. Imagine scoring an equaliser in the 85th min (2 mins before the British clean sheet record) and you missed it? Imagine if we actually won the game and you missed it?

We are the unbeaten in the league in 4 or 5 matches so things are looking brighter so I for one can't wait for the game! HHGH

Of all the songs they sing you choose to get offended by The National Anthems of Ireland? :unsure:

Personally, I find "Boys of the Old Brigade", "Roll of Honour", "P-I-R-A" and "Graffiti on the Wall" far more distasteful. Then you have your cringefests such as "Fields of Athenry", "Soldiers Song", "Viva La Quinta Brigada" among others.

Always thought singing the national anthems at club football was a bit sad, whether it be the Irish / UK / English ones.

Must admit that being a proud Scot, I always found the retort of singing Flower of Scotland by fans of the other clubs as equally cringeworthy.

MacDonald Jardine

Always thought singing the national anthems at club football was a bit sad, whether it be the Irish / UK / English ones.

Must admit that being a proud Scot, I always found the retort of singing Flower of Scotland by fans of the other clubs as equally cringeworthy.

Indeed.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4

:lol: very good point, will be standing at the steps as always.

If we score against celtic I will end up on my arse tho :lol:

What steps do you stand at?

The ones at the tuck shop or the ones at the other end?

MacDonald Jardine

True, and that's embarrassing enough...

It must be mortifying for you sitting in Idaho or wherever right enough.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4

I will be there. Even when I'm confident that we'll be on the end of a hammering I still get excited about the thought of going to Tynecastle. Witnessing debacles like the 7-0 pumping just makes the good times (winning cups etc) even better. I generally just try to ignore the Celtic support as much as possible and don't even cast a glance towards the Roesburn if I can help it. Their sectarian songs actually don't bother me too much (although they are disgraceful). What bothers me most about them is the fact that so many people from the Lothians, Borders and Fife will be cheering for Celtic in pubs in those respective areas rather than Hearts or Hibs. It is incredible the number of people I know who have never even been to an OF game yet they'll don their Celtic or Rangers top, go down the pub to cheer them on and then try and wind you up because they've pumped Hearts again. It is THE most frustrating thing about Scottish football IMO. :seething:

For ST holders to not go to this game is appalling IMO. You have paid for your ticket, so why not go? Yes we may get beat 4-0, BUT I am for one who thinks Saturday could be a good day for us. Imagine scoring an equaliser in the 85th min (2 mins before the British clean sheet record) and you missed it? Imagine if we actually won the game and you missed it?

We are the unbeaten in the league in 4 or 5 matches so things are looking brighter so I for one can't wait for the game! HHGH

This^^^^^^^^ x10 HHGH

One time a few Hearts fans should infiltrate in the Celtic end and video all what is going on and send it to authorities/ police and a non-OF newspaper.

Let us know how you get on.

I'll be there.

And me, who cares what they sing, they are scum, we might get beat so what, the club needs us. The"I'm not going cause I don't like what they sing" excuse is pathetic.

What steps do you stand at?

The ones at the tuck shop or the ones at the other end?

Tuck shop end, few rows from the front. Usually four of us that go.

Can't believe some folk saying they're not going to this one, celtic and hibs are the games that we should be selling out every time. Best atmosphere of the season.

No-one is going to put me off supporting Hearts. Stuff from them should be dealt with and I can understand those with children but they are good competition in Scotland so would rather try and beat them than hide. OP has got a point. I don't really take them that seriously.

Arnold Rothstein

You're entitled to your opinion but i'll not bother if it's alright with you?

I've got other stuff i'd rather do than sit at Tynecastle and watch us likely get pumped while having my senses abused by those in the Roseburn.

John Colquhoun

I despise their fans, sorry but they really get to me. The Rangers fans too. Sorry, have to stay at

home for these games.

Tuck shop end, few rows from the front. Usually four of us that go.

Can't believe some folk saying they're not going to this one, celtic and hibs are the games that we should be selling out every time. Best atmosphere of the season.

I'm at the other end in front of the stairs up to upper N.

Have to agree. If we get an early goal the place will be bouncing.

Of all the songs they sing you choose to get offended by The National Anthems of Ireland? :unsure:

Personally, I find "Boys of the Old Brigade", "Roll of Honour", "P-I-R-A" and "Graffiti on the Wall" far more distasteful. Then you have your cringefests such as "Fields of Athenry", "Soldiers Song", "Viva La Quinta Brigada" among others.

How the hell do you know the names of all those songs?

Serious question likes.

Personally I don't want to know what crap they sing.

Fields of Athenry is not an old traditional Irish folk song. It was actually written in the 1970s and is about the Irish potato famine. i once heard a staunch Irish protestant sing this in a Masonic Lodge in Belfast. Not a sectarian song and not particularly offensive.

The other Pro terrorist pish they sing is offensive, but gets ignored by the governing bodies of the sport!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Fields_of_Athenry

I'll be there, not giving any guarantees I will last the 90 minutes but I'll be there.

I can see us getting royally horsed, but I'll be there regardless, hangover and all.

Fields of Athenry is not an old traditional Irish folk song. It was actually written in the 1970s and is about the Irish potato famine. i once heard a staunch Irish protestant sing this in a Masonic Lodge in Belfast. Not a sectarian song and not particularly offensive.

The other Pro terrorist pish they sing is offensive, but gets ignored by the governing bodies of the sport!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Fields_of_Athenry

I doubt very much that it was the same version the Celtic fans sing that you heard. Rangers have their own version and I suspect it was that you were subjected to.

Should really just keep referring to them as old firm fans and a old firm club. They absolutely hate being linked to saveco.

Be there on Saturday - hell nor high water would keep me from taking my seat. I've followed this club for sixty years in good times and in bad. I've got a feeling that good times are just around the corner again.

Will be going to the game, don't really care what they sing to be honest. I sit in section N and I can guarantee a few things -

- a celtic fan will pretend to have a gun and mimic shooting our support.

- several celtic fans will cross themselves as if this is some kind of insult to us.

- we won't have any ball boys/girls infront of the roseburn.

- the pie stall will get robbed.

- items will be thrown at out players taking a corner.

- fireworks will be let off.

- zero arrests for the celtic support.

Bang on the button.

I'll still be going. Don't care what they sing, I'm pretty used to it by now. And I'm used to nothing getting done about it.

As much as these games aren't enjoyable for various reasons, I won't refuse to go to a match because of our opposition. I'm a Hearts fan, it's a home game. Not even a debate over going for me.

:spoton:

I'll be there and i'll be in Willie Hills before hand sticking a wedge on Commons for first goal, I expect to see Gary and Billy in there doing the same as we seem to forget to mark the wee fat shite every time we play them!

As for their fans - I've seen and heard enough of them over the years to ignore it now - its a shame the authorities choose to do the same.

They would be absolutely livid if they lost their unbeaten run to us! Would be such a fantastic result, Gutted I can't go

SectionDJambo

For years now, I've hardly looked at them. I can obviously hear them, but have no idea of the theme or subject of any of the "folk" songs. I don't like getting beaten by them, but its hardly a unique event that pains me for weeks - just the initial disappointment.

I just want our team to do as well as they can and try not to make it easy for them. I won't miss a home game to avoid them.

I didn't go to the match the week after the 1988 cup semi final, when a win for them would secure the championship, because I could not bear the thought of them celebrating against us again so soon. Regretted it ever since, not least because we beat them, but because I allowed them to get to me.

Its at times like this that Hearts fans should stand up for our club, and not keep away for any lame excuse. They can only wind you up if you let them.

Amazed that the stadium still actually opens a pie stand for these ****heads. Hearts should take their own zero tolerance to these animals. Don't offer any catering, or anything else of the like.

I doubt very much that it was the same version the Celtic fans sing that you heard. Rangers have their own version and I suspect it was that you were subjected to.

it was the traditional version that I heard...with no reference to terrorist groups be it republican or loyalist.....So it wasn't the Rangers version...It's an Irish folk song but not as old as some believe it is.

I honestly wouldn't know the words to any of those songs :unsure:

Still hate the beggars though and I'll no doubt be making my usual hand gestures to them, hope the CCTV doesn't get me and my door gets chapped next week by plod.

it was the traditional version that I heard...with no reference to terrorist groups be it republican or loyalist.....So it wasn't the Rangers version...It's an Irish folk song but not as old as some believe it is.

It's a song against the crown and would lead to a lynching if sung in the place you mention.

Should really just keep referring to them as old firm fans and a old firm club. They absolutely hate being linked to saveco.

This works a treat. Their seethe is palpable mainly because deep down they all know its true.

john brownlee

I think all you guys in section N should wear red berets......that would give them something to shoot at and really pesh them off

It's a song against the crown and would lead to a lynching if sung in the place you mention.

Don't doubt me...I was there!! the only people that were offended were a couple of rangers fans in the group from Edinburgh....the guy that sung it was the immediate past master of the lodge. Not an Orange Lodge..

If folk don't want to go to games, fine, but the excuses offered are pathetic. No money, working, ill or other commitment are good excuses. We might get beat is not a reason. And if you don't like their songs, don't watch the news. Pathetic stuff.

or wear headphones and listen to some decent music

or alernatively sing your wee hearts out and drown them out !!

or wear headphones and listen to some decent music

or alernatively sing your wee hearts out and drown them out !!

Exactly! 100% this. Sing louder than them, it's not rocket science that 9000 fans can sing louder than 3000 so why do we let them? Even if we lose an early goal, get right behind the team. I am very confident about tomorrow and I believe we will get a result, a point at least!

Archived