Wattie Buchan - heart attack

Serj Tankian

Err....who is Wattie Buchan? no doubt we'll get the multitudes of RIP's but It only means something to me If I know/know of them. If/when I snuff, it I don't expect anyone who doesn't know me to give a flying feck!

Kalamazoo Jambo

Err....who is Wattie Buchan? no doubt we'll get the multitudes of RIP's but It only means something to me If I know/know of them. If/when I snuff, it I don't expect anyone who doesn't know me to give a flying feck!

He's singer with The Exploited and a huge Jambo. No suggestions that he's dead BTW.

When, surely?

When, surely?

Someone has to be immortal....don't they? anyway I was too old for Punk, bunch of unwashed tuneless ****s

Someone has to be immortal....don't they? anyway I was too old for Punk, bunch of unwashed tuneless ****s

Have you been dumped by your Valentine today or something? Quite apoplectic.

Konrad von Carstein

You were to old for punk? no one is/was too old for punk! Go to sleep you old fool....

Seen him countless times at hearts games. My dad, font of knowledge but a bit square, told me he was some guy in some band when i was but a lad. Was only mildly scared of him at the time.

Hope he gets better soon, good jambo, didnt realise it was the exploited he was in.

Most ignorant post of the day award.

Who cares if you don't know him, why not just ignore the thread rather than posting that crap?

Cairneyhill Jambo

Who cares if you don't know him, why not just ignore the thread rather than posting that crap?

Well said. Can remember Wattie in the Eighties standing in the shed. Legend.

Bad news get better soon Wattie.

The Exploited were originally formed in Granton.

:lol: I'm sure you would have gotten' a smile there at least ....

scots civil war

that argy punter eh..............ffs

get well soon wattie....the music will probably change now

under doctors orders

Take care Wattie,tragic cmon pull thhru xx

Their hoping he'll be out of hospital next week. :thumb:

Hope he makes a full and speedy recovery. :punk:

Quite right mate.

[modedit]

Wattie is doing ok, being kept in hospital for observations and to stabalise him on medication, Im hoping to speak to William later to find out if hes improved today, will be sure to pass on the good wishes of (most of) the people on JKB.

Punks no badword deed!

Allegedly struck off the dole for appearing on Top Of The Pops a few days after signing on. Get well soon.

"I want to go to Huddersfield."

walked into wester hailles job centre (if memory serves) the week after performing on TOTP, wattie stuicks out like a spare proverbial and the guy thast was signing him recognised him, stung for 3 or 4 years back dated dole money so i understand, or at least that was what he said, not like a punk to fan the flames of legend!

Ive had the pleasure of supporting the exploited a couple of times with my band and hanging out with Wattie a few times. See him a lot at tynie. He's a great guy and even took time to wish me well during my recent illness. I sincerely hope he makes a full and speedy recovery.

Brian Whittaker's Tache

His dad lives across the road from me.

I'll get an update from him

My first ever single I ever bought, Dead Cities, my mother hated it so I cranked up the Volume on my 45'

**** a mod, barmy army.

Far too young an age to go. Get well soon Wattie.

My first ever single I ever bought, Dead Cities, my mother hated it so I cranked up the Volume on my 45'

**** a mod, barmy army.

Far too young an age to go. Get well soon Wattie.

bonus point if you can remember the B side!

bonus point if you can remember the B side!

milerntor spot on. Also a short ditty called 'class war'

On the hitlers in the charts again, my mother walked in when the line 'Belson was a gas' was sung.

Another reason for her to dismiss as shocking...:lol:

Hes actually my cousin as well as being a total legend in the world of punk, however i wouldnt expect someone like you to know anything other than the end of your own nose you complete and utter melt.

Wattie is doing ok, being kept in hospital for observations and to stabalise him on medication, Im hoping to speak to William later to find out if hes improved today, will be sure to pass on the good wishes of (most of) the people on JKB.

Punks no badword deed!

Glad to hear he is on the mend. :thumbsup:

Alba gu Brath

Have you been dumped by your Valentine today or something? Quite apoplectic.

Nice post. Good to know that conservatives are full of the milk of human kindness.

Like the Exploited when I was wee. Saw Wattie many times at Tynie.

All the best to Wattie.

Felix Lighter

Hes actually my cousin as well as being a total legend in the world of punk, however i wouldnt expect someone like you to know anything other than the end of your own nose you complete and utter melt.

Punks no badword deed!

Happy to hear Wattie is on the mend.

We used to live along the landing from the Buchans growing up in WGT.Wullie and I were good pals and I probably spent as much time in the Buchan household as I did my own.Used to go Blair Street most weeks to watch the band practice if they weren't touring.Good times.

Please pass on my best wishes to all the family from Ian.

Just heard that he "underwent a procedure" yesterday, which went well, and he is expected to make a full recovery.

:punk:

Sorry, I should probably have said, this was from his brother Wullie, not just some random quote off tinterweb.

:thumb:

JamboInSouthsea

Get well soon Wattie!!!

My mate drummed on one of The Expoloited albums, can't remember which, as the usual one had drummers elbow...he didn't get a mention but had a good time in Edinburgh and Wattie saved him from a kicking at one point, tho' my mates pretty hard and not someone to tangle with.

Been on the receiving end of some of Watties "banter" back in the days when I ventured into the shed with a parka on.

Do appreciate a good Jambo though so get well soon big man....

old punks never die they only fade away and he's still fading.

Amongst my strongest memories of first going to Tynie was seeing Wattie and the boys down the front in the shed just looking fierce and awesome.

All the best to him.

John Colquhoun

Get well soon Wattie! Ignore the ignorant MOD EDIT!

Ach, I'm sure an old punk like Wattie would appreciate argyjambo's attitude and laugh it off.

Here's hoping he makes a strong recovery!

Shanks said no

Allegedly struck off the dole for appearing on Top Of The Pops a few days after signing on. Get well soon.

"I want to go to Huddersfield."

For 30 odd years whenever Huddersfield is mentioned on TV or the radio I have said "I want to go there" much to my families irritation. Anyway, I was in the Regent, the Exploited's regular Friday night haunt when they returned from London and TOTP. The abuse they got that night for selling out was hilarious. However the story they told about Claire Groggan that night has lived in my memory for decades.

Get well soon Wattie

Archived