A.V.G

Sharpie

I have received notification from AVG saying that they are no longer after the end of May updating 7.5, and that one has to upgrade to 8.0. When I check the way I read it 8.o is not free there being a charge of $54.00, am I reading this wrong or are they dicontinuing the free service.

I am very satisfied with what I have, and would probably pay, but if I don't have to I would be ehappier.

I have noticed lately that after updates I have to restart my computer, is this all part of the same new system.

As usual any advice greatly appreciated.

Sheriff Fatman

There is a free version of AVG 8.0 available.

It's not an update so you will have to uninstall 7.5 though.

Jamie_the_Jambo

There's a free version on TPBay. That you (ahem) dont have to pay for..!!

There's a free version on TPBay. That you (ahem) dont have to pay for..!!

There is a free version on the official site, that you don't have to pay for :confused:

Why warez a freebie?

Jamie_the_Jambo
There is a free version on the official site, that you don't have to pay for :confused:

Why warez a freebie?

thepiratebay.org has the full version + serial key.

And (ahem) you can just download it. So, by definition, is rather free.

Disclaimer : I do not support thepiratebay or anyone who advocates its use.

I was just pointing out such a site exists.

Thanks for all the help guys, downloaded the free8.0. Easy job after all it erased the old program and done the new. I almost feel like I knew what I was doing.:)

Auld Reekin'
Thanks for all the help guys, downloaded the free8.0. Easy job after all it erased the old program and done the new. I almost feel like I knew what I was doing.:)

The $54 version ($54 for 2 years cover, correct?) will include a firewall, which you will require if you're using a broadband connection to the internet. If you're just using dial-up, then you'll be OK with whatever the free version is.

Sheriff Fatman
The $54 version ($54 for 2 years cover, correct?) will include a firewall, which you will require if you're using a broadband connection to the internet. If you're just using dial-up, then you'll be OK with whatever the free version is.

If you are using a wireless router you don't really need an extra firewall, the router acts as a firewall in it's own right and in conjunction with the Windows firewall is enough for the vast majority of systems.

Archived