Wedding - The First Dance - What was Your's

Howdy Doody Jambo

Everybody loves Baz

Lonestar "Amazed"

Amazed it's lasted this long lol

"Then" by Brad Paisley. Her choice, but I was happy to along with it, as I was allowed to get Ebeneezer Goode played later on in the evening.

Templeton Peck

My love is like a red red rose - Robert Burns

My pal went to dancing lessons before his

:cornette: :cornette: :cornette: :cornette: :cornette:

Kalamazoo Jambo

So many songs. So few in 3/4.

You're thinking of the last waltz, not the first dance. Easy mistake to make, to be fair.

Anyway, ours was Make You Feel My Love by Adele.

My wife doesn't like Bob Dylan much. I therefore waited until after the wedding to tell her who actually wrote the song :laugh:

bigladatthebackpost

La Ritournelle by Sebastian Tellier.

Great song but went on too long and no one joined in. By the end it felt like I was on Strictly Come Dancing, about to get voted off.

I wanted "Just like Fred Astaire" by James but ended up with "Rule the world" by Take That. As part of the deal I got to name our son James after the band, lucky for her my favourite band wasn't Cradle of Filth!

You're thinking of the last waltz, not the first dance. Easy mistake to make, to be fair.

Anyway, ours was Make You Feel My Love by Adele.

My wife doesn't like Bob Dylan much. I therefore waited until after the wedding to tell her who actually wrote the song :laugh:

No SFA? :(

Honeyz - Finally Found.

Very cheesy, but nice message behind it, especially the line "...sometimes you don't expect that friends will become lovers in the end"

Kalamazoo Jambo

No SFA? :(

Sorry to be such a disappointment :laugh:

The wife doesn't mind the Furries but there was no way that was happening...

Kalamazoo Jambo

I've yet to go to a wedding where the first dance number wasn't utter shite.

Yeah,sorry you didn't make the cut :(

Sorry to be such a disappointment :laugh:

The wife doesn't mind the Furries but there was no way that was happening...

Funny that, almost managed to get 'Fire In My Heart' as our first dance, just couldn't convince the now-Mrs M that a bittersweet one-and-a-half minute tune about separation was the correct choice!

Went for 'You To Me Are Everything' by The Real Thing instead.

Funny that, almost managed to get 'Fire In My Heart' as our first dance, just couldn't convince the now-Mrs M that a bittersweet one-and-a-half minute tune about separation was the correct choice!

The most popular first dance song in the 80s was wonderful tonight, which is about a guy getting hacked off cos his mrs is taking ages to get ready, who then goes on to get incredibly drunk at a party and has to be carried back home and passes out in bed.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

The most popular first dance song in the 80s was wonderful tonight, which is about a guy getting hacked off cos his mrs is taking ages to get ready, who then goes on to get incredibly drunk at a party and has to be carried back home and passes out in bed.

In the spirit of that theme, I'd love to see the figures of how many people danced to their new union to the Righteous Brothers' hit: Unchained Melody. :rofl:

I've got mine in 13 days and I'm finding it tough trying to pick a song. All the ones mentioned here are shite, all the ones I can think of are shite. I just need to hope that everyone is too pissed by then to remember what we pick.

:sob:

Might just have to go for a 2 second Napalm Death number to get it out the way.

Is that similar to a sand dancer, but on a different surface....

:tumbleweed:

The sand dancers are Fred Astaire compared to me.

Kalamazoo Jambo

I've got mine in 13 days and I'm finding it tough trying to pick a song. All the ones mentioned here are shite, all the ones I can think of are shite. I just need to hope that everyone is too pissed by then to remember what we pick.

:sob:

Might just have to go for a 2 second Napalm Death number to get it out the way.

4?33? by John Cage. Ideally performed by a wedding band.

The problem is it that the best songs about love generally deal with the shittier side of it.

Something too old fashioned can feel a little contrived ("Aye, I bet they sit around listening to Tony Bennett ever Friday night").

I quite fancied using The Cure's 'Just Like Heaven' if I ever get round to marrying the burd, but then a mate used it for his first dance a couple of years back (the barsteward... not that he knew).

If I go the old fashioned route maybe I should just bribe the DJ to play "I've Grown Accustomed to Her Face".

Archived