Goverment says no to A1 Dualing

flecktimus

flecktimus

Dont know how many on JKB travel the A1 between Berwick - morpath but if you where hoping for the road to be upgraded your stuffed.The Government have replied to a major petition saying no. If you do travel on this road i think you will understand why i hate the Government.

http://www.pm.gov.uk/output/Page15517.asp

jamboinglasgow
Dont know how many on JKB travel the A1 between Berwick - morpath but if you where hoping for the road to be upgraded your stuffed.The Government have replied to a major petition saying no. If you do travel on this road i think you will understand why i hate the Government.

http://www.pm.gov.uk/output/Page15517.asp

seems weird that a major route such as the A1 is not dual carriageway all the way there, or even why the M8 is not a 3 lane motorway between Glasgow and Edinburgh when it is one of the busiest roads in Britain.

seems weird that a major route such as the A1 is not dual carriageway all the way there, or even why the M8 is not a 3 lane motorway between Glasgow and Edinburgh when it is one of the busiest roads in Britain.

The M74 is the best way to most parts of England. Unless you are going to the North East of course.

The M8 isn't one of the busiest roads in Britain, far from it. I used to drive round England quite lot and most motorways are much busier. The congestion on English motorways is a nightmare.

Nah, the M8 has a few rubbish bits, the three lanes going into two after J3 for example and the dual carriageway around Eurocentral but it's not a busy motorway relatively speaking. It was known as " the road to nowhere " when it first opened on account of everyone still using the old A8. Or so old lorry drivers tell me.

You want to get yourself on the M4 or bits of the M62 etc. at peak times to see what a busy road is like chief.

davemclaren
The M74 is the best way to most parts of England. Unless you are going to the North East of course.

The M8 isn't one of the busiest roads in Britain, far from it. I used to drive round England quite lot and most motorways are much busier. The congestion on English motorways is a nightmare.

Correct. I worked down South a few years back and the M6 and Motorways around Birmingham make you realise that our traffic jams up here are a relatively minor inconvenience.

Archived