Inability to control games

Locky

One question, why?

The players we have are technically good players and they pass it round well when they want to, so why can't we put that into practice and control the play against some of the sh*te we play in this league.

Caley aren't a brilliant side. What I think has made them such a force is the organisation within the team buoyed by the fact that they have a good goalscorer in Billy McKay. Yet, despite all this, we couldn't even put enough pressure on them even with 9 men to really grasp hold of the match.

letsalllaughathobos

There is no doubt that our squad has the ability also the no how,

Why don't they do it?

Gary locke? Fitness? Don't care? Scared? Too much too soon?

I really don't know, we always seem to play the hot potato game nobody put there foot on the ball once and said enoughs enough lets just see this out,

Shocking to claim to be professional footballers,

Guest C00l K1d

Why don't they do it?

I really don't know, we always seem to play the hot potato game nobody put there foot on the ball once and said enoughs enough lets just see this out,

I really dont think they do know how to do it.

Its not the first time its happened.

Locke messed it aswell by bringing on tapping to help see the game out then completely alienating him on the wing.

I dont think tapping is shite but he was a complete waste of a jersey out wide. Didnt have a clue what to do.

I really dont think they do know how to do it.

Its not the first time its happened.

Locke messed it aswell by bringing on tapping to help see the game out then completely alienating him on the wing.

I dont think tapping is shite but he was a complete waste of a jersey out wide. Didnt have a clue what to do.

You obviously didn't watch the game then, Locke brought tapping on because Nicholson got injured.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Guest C00l K1d

You obviously didn't watch the game then, Locke brought tapping on because Nicholson got injured.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Aye.. but also to try see out the game.

We've been using tapping pretty much all season to try play this role.

Hes maybe not been having the best games but in the centre of the park he'll do well enough. He cant do it from out wide and didnt have a clue what he was meant to be doing from the wing.

It may have been more sensible to rejiggle and end up with stevo on the wing.

Its all in hindsight now though and doesnt really matter

Why don't they do it?

On what basis do you say they have the ability? I would agree they have potential... But are far from the finished article.

Simply answer to the op, lack of coaching ability from our so called coaching staff, no game plan, no back up plan.

These players are not coached to control and dictate games, when we take centre it's a high punt out wide to Patterson to header no intention what so ever to retain possession and control a game. How many times during a game do you ever see a midfield player dropping short for possession? It's either a punt up the park by McDonald or a defender will take possession then he will punt it up the park.

The organisation by our coaches is nothing short of embarrassing, we have the personnel to dictate games but it will never happen under a Locke/Brown leadership.

I'd say there's too many with the 'inability to control the ball' and don't move the ball quick enough and take 3-4 touches instead of 2 or wrong choice of pass. This results in us not controlling games.

Eighteenseventyfour

Simply answer to the op, lack of coaching ability from our so called coaching staff, no game plan, no back up plan.

These players are not coached to control and dictate games, when we take centre it's a high punt out wide to Patterson to header no intention what so ever to retain possession and control a game. How many times during a game do you ever see a midfield player dropping short for possession? It's either a punt up the park by McDonald or a defender will take possession then he will punt it up the park.

The organisation by our coaches is nothing short of embarrassing, we have the personnel to dictate games but it will never happen under a Locke/Brown leadership.

Agreed, clueless is understatement!

I'd say there's too many with the 'inability to control the ball' and don't move the ball quick enough and take 3-4 touches instead of 2 or wrong choice of pass. This results in us not controlling games.

My issue with this is the players aren't coached to control games. I watched quite a bit of the under 20 team when Murray was in charge and can assure you they are very gifted individuals with good first touches unfortunately under our current coaching staff the development of these lads has taken a serious dip and in some cases a backward step.

Diadora Van Basten

If anyone watched Brendon Rogers being interviewed after Toure's misplaced pass cost them two points he said that you need a type of bravery to play football from the back.

Sadly this seems to be missing and our goal keeper and defenders have adopted a safety first approach of hoofing the ball into pressure areas or out of the park rather than passing to a teammates feet.

Archived