Lennon at Tynecastle

Tams bird

Home

Crime

Edinburgh Council

Local News

Sport

West Edinburgh

You are here: Home Sport Neil Lennon forced to leave Tynecastle after being hit by missiles February 1, 2014 5:06 pm

Neil Lennon forced to leave Tynecastle after being hit by missiles

Posted by [email protected] on 02/01/2014

Celtic boss Neil Lennon has had to leave Tynecastle Stadium early after fans began throwing coins and spitting on him.

Lennon was along watching the semi-final between Aberdeen and St Johnstone when the incident took place.

This is the second time that he has been targeted at Tynecastle, he was attacked in May 2011 when Celtic played Hearts.

One witness said ?It disgusting, the guy was just along to watch the game and gets targeted by so called football fans. This should not happen in this day and age, I was at the game for the duration and didn?t even know he was there.?

Filed in: Sport Tags: Breaking Edinburgh News, featured, hearts fc, Live Edinburgh News, neil lennon, The Edinburgh News, tynecastle satdium

About [email protected]

View all posts by [email protected] ?

First attempt at copy and paste on phone !

... and not a bad attempt it was too.

Aberdeen or Saints fans?

I'd be more inclined to think Aberdeen. I'm guessing it was Main Stand, who was in there?

Wonder which set of fans it was? And if people will try to paint it as being our fault?

Making it sound like it is.

"This is the second time that he has been targeted at Tynecastle, he was attacked in May 2011 when Celtic played Hearts."

Wonder which set of fans it was? And if people will try to paint it as being our fault?

Inevitably. Every chance to reference John Wilson will be made.

Unfortunately he makes himself a target. No need for spitting or such like though.

Don't get me wrong, I'm anything but a fan of Lennon but I can imagine all he would have been doing today was to turn up and watch the game. Just proves that Aberdeen fans really are a horrible lot, probably a big day out for a few **** who have been steaming and not left Aberdeen in years.

Maiden Gorgie

That is shocking. Not Lennons biggest fan but he doesn't deserve the treatment he gets. Absolute arseholes whoever is to blame

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Inevitably. Every chance to reference John Wilson will be made.

Which is perfectly reasonable. They might even mention the supposed bombs that he was sent.

tartofmidlothian

It was but no doubt Richard Gordon and co will try to sweep it away as if it never happened

Rogue Hearts fans making a weekend of it, guaranteed.

Not the Dandy Dons, surely. :sob:

jeez Scottish Football is dicing with death if a manager - whatever you think of that manager -- can't attend a semi-final without this kind of thing going down

Can't imagine anyone from Aberdeen parting with any sort of currency unnecessarily.

Not that much of their support would've actually been from Aberdeen, right enough...

letsalllaughathobos

Cue points deduction - for Hearts - in a different competition.

Haha, aye, Inverness have now been issued with a bye to final and hearts only allowed to sign under 10s for the next 3 seasons,

Also a 100k fine,

Which is perfectly reasonable. They might even mention the supposed bombs that he was sent.

I meant dragging up John Wilson to try and twist these events as though it was Hearts fans, that and because it was at Tynecastle.

Also wasn't the above photo found to be a proven fake?

Jambof3tornado

I remember lennon taking a throw in, in front of section D in his playing days and he was covered in gob by the time he collected the ball and threw it onto the pitch (he was giving the crowd the Vs while the ball was behind his head)

people in maroon houses shouldnt throw spit!

Genuinely a bit stunned by this. Given the 80s throwbacks have been slobbering on the Sellick boaby for years, I thought they'd be lining up for hand shandies, no gobbing on their hero.

I heard that someone knew he was building an extension so sent him a box of nails. Nice gesture I thought......

Guest Bilel Mohsni

He's hated by just about everyone in Scotland, this is because he is an absolute arsehole.

I really find it hard to believe that this surprises anyone... At least if its the Sheep, he will not be able to claim its something to do with religion or Hearts supporters being bigots.

Maybe its time to question why si many people despise him, without the easy get out of his religion?

tartofmidlothian

I heard that someone knew he was building an extension so sent him a box of nails. Nice gesture I thought......

:facepalm:

oh ah grantona

Home

Crime

Edinburgh Council

Local News

Sport

West Edinburgh

You are here: Home Sport Neil Lennon forced to leave Tynecastle after being hit by missiles February 1, 2014 5:06 pm

Neil Lennon forced to leave Tynecastle after being hit by missiles

Posted by [email protected] on 02/01/2014

Celtic boss Neil Lennon has had to leave Tynecastle Stadium early after fans began throwing coins and spitting on him.

Lennon was along watching the semi-final between Aberdeen and St Johnstone when the incident took place.

This is the second time that he has been targeted at Tynecastle, he was attacked in May 2011 when Celtic played Hearts.

One witness said ?It disgusting, the guy was just along to watch the game and gets targeted by so called football fans. This should not happen in this day and age, I was at the game for the duration and didn?t even know he was there.?

Filed in: Sport Tags: Breaking Edinburgh News, featured, hearts fc, Live Edinburgh News, neil lennon, The Edinburgh News, tynecastle satdium

About [email protected]

View all posts by [email protected] ?

Shocking to happen at a game, But really quoting the guy as a witness he never seen Lennon all game

Jambof3tornado

no need or place for that on jkb!

Is that Rudi spitting or ejaculating?

It's neither. It's a doctored picture of an event that didn't happen.

Folk will still buy these rags, though.

:facepalm:

Come on now, I couldn't not say that, of course it's scandalous that anyone should get that kind of treatment, almost as scandalous as John Wilson not managing to land a punch :)

Is that Rudi spitting or ejaculating?

must be spit the king has much more of the other( and no I aint taking through experience)

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Heard some rogue chelsea fans were up for the game

They probably despise the ###### as much as everyone else does. Could probably happen anywhere between Shetland and Cornwall to be honest.

Maiden Gorgie

It's neither. It's a doctored picture of an event that didn't happen.

Folk will still buy these rags, though.

Come on now, I couldn't not say that, of course it's scandalous that anyone should get that kind of treatment, almost as scandalous as John Wilson not managing to land a punch :)

Are you for real?

He's done nothing as a player/manager to endear himself

Great winner absolute beast as a loser so what he gets in return is only expected IMO :afro:

Are you for real?

Am I for real? Yes. It was proven to be fake. Anyone who still buys redtop media in Scotland is complicit in their lies.

edit: Seen your latter post, no bother!

Tynecastle Valhalla

pretty sad if this is true

whilst lennon is a wind up merchant and comes across like a toss*r, he is a human being an should be able to attend another game without fear

the Aberdeen fans I know turn into dicks when it comes to football

Rogue Hearts fans making a weekend of it, guaranteed.

Not the Dandy Dons, surely. :sob:

I was making a weekend of it but I was at the back of the Roseburn with the Saints so they can't pin this one on me.

Just in case anybody was wondering Aberdeen had almost all the Main Stand from the Gorgie end to roughly parallell with the penalty area at the Roseburn end

I hate the term "so called football fans". They clearly are football fans. It just so happens that they may or may not also be arseholes. But they're at a football match, and probably do so regularly - that's the actions of football fans.

Archived