How good would this be?

Cliffundo

A British league would be great for all.

The money that could be generated would be very benificial to all. Englands top 10 clubs and Scotland top 6 Irelands top 2 and wales top 2 could merge and create a great money spinning british premier league. the remainding teams from the nations top leagues could form the British championship and british league 1 & 2 & 3 and so on.....

I realise that some teams would not be happy, but if this was scheduled in for 2013 they have 5 years to obtain the status required to participate at the top league in Britain.

Would see plenty of money for all, even plenty money filtering down for the small fish in the lower leagues.

The crowds of clubs like ours would increase greatly and generate even more income allowing us to progress beyond our dreams. We could easily fill a 40,000 stadium most home games throughout the season if we had Man U, Chelsea and the likes turning up @ tynecastle. We would also appeal to the big money guys who are investing in the EPL just now. We are situated in the 2nd largest finacial city of the UK and have huge potential as a club that just now, is not being realised.

We would have some great away days/weekends and we would see a lot more quality signings players and games than at present.

just a dream...but imagine for a second :)

It would be imense!

That would be amazing for the away trips alone

I am holding out for a revamp of our leage

More teams in the top division play each other twice

current league is set out for the old firm to win

the voice from above

it would be good for us, but not for everyone.

teams like ross county having to travel down to the south of england for away games doesn't make any real sense though. I think you'd have to regionalise the lower divisions (outwith the top 60 clubs) and have them play-off to enter the british system. this would probably lead to a further widening of the financial gap between the larger a smaller clubs...

but it'd be good for us...

Guest Dipped Flake

The money that could be generated would be very benificial to all. Englands top 10 clubs and Scotland top 6 Irelands top 2 and wales top 2 could merge and create a great money spinning british premier league. the remainding teams from the nations top leagues could form the British championship and british league 1 & 2 & 3 and so on.....

I realise that some teams would not be happy, but if this was scheduled in for 2013 they have 5 years to obtain the status required to participate at the top league in Britain.

Would see plenty of money for all, even plenty money filtering down for the small fish in the lower leagues.

The crowds of clubs like ours would increase greatly and generate even more income allowing us to progress beyond our dreams. We could easily fill a 40,000 stadium most home games throughout the season if we had Man U, Chelsea and the likes turning up @ tynecastle. We would also appeal to the big money guys who are investing in the EPL just now. We are situated in the 2nd largest finacial city of the UK and have huge potential as a club that just now, is not being realised.

We would have some great away days/weekends and we would see a lot more quality signings players and games than at present.

It would be imense!

Sorry to rain on your parade but it wouldnot be great for all. It would not be great for the english (and welsh) teams currently playing in the biggest money-spinning league in the world so it will never happen. Turkeys don't vote for Christmas as they say so absolutely no reason for these teams to want Scottish teams to join them. Welsh teams are already in there and what Ireland has to do with Britain I don't know so sorry, not a goer (is that a word?).

Sorry to rain on your parade but it wouldnot be great for all. It would not be great for the english (and welsh) teams currently playing in the biggest money-spinning league in the world so it will never happen. Turkeys don't vote for Christmas as they say so absolutely no reason for these teams to want Scottish teams to join them. Welsh teams are already in there and what Ireland has to do with Britain I don't know so sorry, not a goer (is that a word?).

Jeez....it was just a dream ;)

vegas-voss

It would be imense!

There is one downfall to that plan(although of course i like it)England don't need it they already have the EPL which is the most lucrative league in the world and the Championship is also in the top 5 most supported leagues in Europe.

That would be amazing for the away trips alone

I am holding out for a revamp of our leage

More teams in the top division play each other twice

current league is set out for the old firm to win

Exactly.

Thats why it wont be changed.

Professor.Arturo

Personally, I like the idea, but,

English football dont need us, FA would say no

and 2, Rantic would no longer be top dogs, so the GFA would also say no

Arsenal, Chelsea, Man U visiting Tyncastle!?

Who are we kidding - we'd be struggling to make it into the Championship.

The away trips would be good for a season but after the novelty wore off who could be arsed travelling down to Norwich or Charlton for a midweek, midtable clash.

No thanks.

christhejambo

Great idea- complete pie in the sky however. Where's the value in this for current premiership teams? Why would the richest league in the world wish to dilute the quality of their product, whilst at the same time having to split up the money amongst more sides? Old firm aside, i cant see there being any advantages for the english sides in having former SPL sides in the league.

There would be some sound rapings delivered when chelsea, man utd and arsenal came calling too- we cant even get into the top half of the SPL, let alone hope to be in the company of such illustrious teams as these.

Ronaldo up against Goncalves would made me chuckle however

Guest S.U.S.S.

Nice idea, but the fact we are in the bottom half of our crap league means even if we made it there we would be out of the top league within 2 seasons.

Take the logic of the OP and expand it.

Why have a British league? Why not a league of the top European teams?

I'd wager Arsenal, Chelsea, Man u, Liverpool etc would much rather be playing Barca, Milan, Ajax, Bayern Munich etc than the likes of us.

The OF may get into a Euro league, but our grubby little noses would be pushed up against the window as we watched the golden goose being carved up for their delictation and greed.

Simply put, if we went down the road of a British league, UEFA and FIFA would both insist that we amalgamate our international teams as well. Would we be willing to accept that?

Archived