Turned the corner?

tartofmidlothian

tartofmidlothian

Well, have we? Four points from six and five goals from two games isn't bad going. Well deserved?

Let's keep it up!

Well, have we? Four points from six and five goals from two games isn't bad going. Well deserved?

Let's keep it up!

Delighted for the boys. It would be great to gain some momentum from this. Tonight's a good night and not a dodgy ref in sight! Well done lads.

Feeling a lot more confident about the LC semi. Our current form and Yogi's appointment are both looking good.

HHGH.

I always said that if we score more goals than we concede then we've got a chance of winning games.

Today I was proven right. Not wanting to be smug but just saying.

Let's keep it up!

You keep predicting the results.

You're very good at that.

I always said that if we score more goals than we concede then we've got a chance of winning games.

How long did it take you to work that first statement out, not wanting to be smug but just saying :builder2:

Gregory House M.D.

Certainly it will get the monkey off our backs from our last Dingwall outing that relegated us. Hopefully we can close the gap to a respectable figure.

we're still the same team. we'll still take a few humpings between now and the end of the season, but hopefully we can take some confidence and win a few too. We were clearly down for a few months but there were some decent performances in there too.

Nothing much has changed other than we've proven we can still compete on our day.

Jambof3tornado

We can still avoid the drop points wise and imagine the seethe if somehow we managed to avoid the drop??

Its not over til its over.

I'd like to see us make a fist of it. I'd like to see us make teams work, especially at home. If we do that I'll be much happier.

we're still the same team. we'll still take a few humpings between now and the end of the season, but hopefully we can take some confidence and win a few too. We were clearly down for a few months but there were some decent performances in there too.

Nothing much has changed other than we've proven we can still compete on our day.

I don't know

Some players who 'weren't options' a month ago are playing now and appear to be making a difference

If only Locke had used some of these 'options' earlier.

That said better late than never.

Juan Jose Carricondo Perez

Good to see the boys putting in fighting performances. The easy thing to do is give up and accept relegation which appears to be inevitable but they're fighting for everything. That's all I'd ever expect from a hearts team.

Footballfirst

One step at a time. Let's get to within 15 points, then we can reasonably claim not to be the worst in the league, then take it from there.

The team are effectively in a no lose situation, so just go out and play as they can, then see what happens.

Jambof3tornado

We've seen several times that if we score we look confident, we got behind we look lost. That's how it is with youngsters.

Points to play for, if only for pride but lets just see where we end up.

We must follow this excellent win up with a victory on Wednesday then we will have a great chance of getting into the final of a major cup possibly against a team we've won both our games against this season. If that happens the cashflow and sheer buzz around the place alone would keep the club alive.

tartofmidlothian

We must follow this excellent win up with a victory on Wednesday then we will have a great chance of getting into the final of a major cup possibly against a team we've won both our games against this season. If that happens the cashflow and sheer buzz around the place alone would keep the club alive.

Too right. Huge week ahead for the famous and it's started perfectly.

1 game at a time. Need to sort out this home form and beat St Mirren as we haven't even looked close to picking up points at Tynie lately;

1 game at a time. Need to sort out this home form and beat St Mirren as we haven't even looked close to picking up points at Tynie lately;

This guy gets it

:rofl:

Listened to the game on Hearts TV today and it sounded like we played really well, particularly in the first half and the closing stages of the second.

It seems like the confidence that had totally deserted us is coming back.

GORGIE RULES.

Spot on mate, great result and good performance but at least now on positive points and this can only help team morale.....

tartofmidlothian

We came close against Motherwell. Hopefully the fans get right behind the team. That's two and a half games of good, goal-scoring football we've played, they deserve it.

Maybe a wee euro trip in august?

Better dig out my passport :verysmug: .

That said you don't need a passport to go to Anfield.

Stuart McNeill

People are going to be inspired with the wisdom you are speaking.

Anyway, as it's been said take one game at the a time and try not give the players to Hard a time and let them get on with it.

jamboinglasgow

I don't know

Some players who 'weren't options' a month ago are playing now and appear to be making a difference

Yeah, I think we have taken too long to change as we have tried to play players out of position rather than utilsing the strengths of the players we have. But Motherwell to me could be the turning point (its too early to say if it is or not.) But credit to Locke for learning from his mistakes.

We have given ourselves confidence, something we have been missing over recent months, but St Mirren is important for us, a good result against them and you confidence would build more than ever.

williamgerrard

Does anyone else think if we beat st midden we may go and somehow survive in the sphell

Does anyone else think if we beat st midden we may go and somehow survive in the sphell

No.

If we were ten points better off I'd say yes, but we are too far back now. We'd need an amazing run to have a chance and we just don't have that in our locker under Locke.

We might just put a fight up now, that's a welcome bonus.

I reckon the fans acceptance of relegation will help us pick up a few more points than the first half of the season. Pressure off and all that. We will not avoid relegation, however. Not by a distance.

Agreed.

We need to beat St Mirren on Wednesday night under the lights, and if we can do that then get a result on Sunday, I feel the confidence will start flowing through the lads. Get our injured players back and hopefully an experienced player brought in you just never know what we could pull off.

Need to win on Wednesday, though!

The 2nd half performance away to St Mirren was fantastic and we have played well since, improving week on week (Hibs match being the exception). Hopefully the lads can continue this improvement and build confidence and momentum. Just in the nick of time for the LC.

Snake Plissken

To put that result in perspective:

County had picked up ten points in January prior to the game, we'd managed one.

The damage has been done a long, long time ago with regards to the league but it might give us a little confidence before the semi.

To put that result in perspective:

County had picked up ten points in January prior to the game, we'd managed one.

The damage has been done a long, long time ago with regards to the league but it might give us a little confidence before the semi.

:spoton:

As far as I'm concerned we are down and sny points collected between now and the end of the season is just a bonus.

Sunday is a massive game for us though and I hope that recent results give us some confidence going forward.

I think the penny is finally starting to drop for our squad of the standard required to compete and that they are starting to mature slowly, we aren't getting bullied as much imo and our lads are starting to give a bit back to their opponents.

Maybe it's too late but if they approach with the mindset that there is nothing to lose and go for it (which they now seem to be)and relax and play football then who knows.

Well done to GL and BB on a gd win yesterday,god knows they get pelters when we get beat so deserve some praise for a win.

Hopefully we can replicate these performances at tynie,I get the impression there is a nervousness about our team at home recently.

As far as I'm concerned we are down and sny points collected between now and the end of the season is just a bonus.

Sunday is a massive game for us though and I hope that recent results give us some confidence going forward.

er, if we score more that we concede we always win, that's kinda how the football scoring system works.

At the start of the season I thought we would pick up points at home but struggle away. Is there too much pressure on the boys at Tynecastle? Just wondering!!

true but we cant give up till its mathematically impossible to avoid relegation

Francis Albert

I don't know

Trouble is, as far as a realistic chance of avoiding relegation is concerned, it might has well have been never. What yesterday, and quite a few glimpses earlier in

the season, showed is that for all the "shite squad" and "young laddies" talk the team/squad has underperformed for most of the season.

That the players could put in that performance after weeks of hearing the management (and administrator!) saying they are not good enough and plotting to get room to gat some out and replace them says a lot about the players. Yes well done Gary and Billy for getting it right yesterday, but for me the players deserve the kudos.

Archived