Rapnik and McGowan

steven100

With rumours of Berra leaving in the summer??? Are Rapnik and McGowan ready for Hearts first team. Heard good reports in Neilson testmonial game but it was only a bounce game.

IMO no they are not ready. Having only seen them on a couple of occasions i could be wrong. They are ready to be introduced into the first team environment but in no way ready to replace Berra.

I though Zal had a decent game on Saturday (Well not as bad as folk have been making out) and Karipidis has been good lately.

But I would start with McGowan and Rapnik. What have we got to lose. Although I won't get my hopes up as Shaggy will be desperate to try and win for his 'cv'.

He should know he has just as good a chance of winning with Rap 'n Gow.

Susie-Jambo-66

They both had good a good game on Wednesday night at the East of Scotland sheild.

I think they will be strong enough to play in the 1st team at the start of next season ;)

With rumours of Berra leaving in the summer??? Are Rapnik and McGowan ready for Hearts first team. Heard good reports in Neilson testmonial game but it was only a bounce game.

McGowan was playing as an attacking central midfielder and Rapnik played the second half at left back after playing the first half against 37 year old Stephane Adam and 37 stone Robbo:eek:, so difficult to guage how good he was. I would say McGowan at this stage, isn't physically big enough (in terms of bulk) to play centre half at the top level, but he did look very accomplished in central midfield.

Ryan Gosling

McGowan is more than ready to play.

Rapnik's come on a lot too.

Absolutely nothing to lose from playing them tomorrow night.

Rapnik struggled against Cesnauskis in the second half but he's still very young and a bit raw. His time won't be next season but the year after will be more realistic.

McGowan I think is ready to at least be apart of the first team next season, either in defence or midfield.

Charlie-Brown

We're quite well covered at centre half with youngsters Rapnik, McGowan (who can also play midfield) and Balatoni also making good progress - it would also be nice to see Craig Sives rebuild his career.

Ryan Gosling
Rapnik struggled against Cesnauskis in the second half but he's still very young and a bit raw. His time won't be next season but the year after will be more realistic.

McGowan I think is ready to at least be apart of the first team next season, either in defence or midfield.

I don't know how much he struggled really - the penalty he gave away was deliberate, for example.

Nothing wrong with struggling against Chesney. Well when he is on form.

Toxteth O'Grady

If that spineless ginger puppet had played them on Saturday we might have known whether they were ready or not:sad:

Archived