Hearts call for big Gretna turnout.........

Clerry Jambo

It is set to be an emotional occasion, coming two years to the day since the Borders club faced the Edinburgh side in one of the most memorable Scottish Cup Finals of all time

:4_1_72::4_1_72::4_1_72:

They're right in that it's a very apposite pairing for the last match of the season, but not quite for the reason they suggest.

And the brass neck is astounding. Asking supporters to turn up in numbers when they know fine the team won't turn up.

winston churchill

30 minutes of that pap on saturday was enough for me,never mind a tuesday night in motherwell :mad:

Geoff Kilpatrick

I'll tell you what. I'll jump on a plane now if they can tell me that Romanov will appear as well...

....I see, back to work then!

Oh Hearts for **** sake get a grip. As someone else has posted, leave us the feck alone till next season. Had enough of this season, besides I keep forgetting we have a match tomorrow night. The way I like it.

Plus Gretna are ******s anyway.

Whilst i agree with virtually all of the comments above, I think the article is really saying go along so Gretna get your money. As if tomorrow is a benefit for Gretna.

That's how I read it anyway.

?15 to watch sh*te play sh*te in Motherwell? Roll up!! Boris you may be right, but Vlad can send them a cheque, better than us forking out.

JimmyMince

Just hope that this isn't a pub quiz in years to come.... "What two teams played their last games ever, against each other, two years after contesting the Scottish Cup?" :eek:

Benny Factor
Whilst i agree with virtually all of the comments above, I think the article is really saying go along so Gretna get your money. As if tomorrow is a benefit for Gretna.

That's the bit i don't get. Surely any money made tomorrow night will go to Gretna's creditors?

Any money given to Gretna tomorrow will just disappear into a black hole.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Priceless!

They really have got a fecking cheek!

An emotional occasion? Aye probably Hearts fans greeting when Gretna win their first game in months!

Boab Mugabe

I fail to see why anyone should turn up when the team haven't shown any signs of being interested in playing for Hearts all season.

I still will end up going, even though I really shouldn't.

MackaysCentreSpot
I fail to see why anyone should turn up when the team haven't shown any signs of being interested in playing for Hearts all season.

I still will end up going, even though I really shouldn't.

That must be in the running for the most contradictory post ever.

That's how I read it too.

It's going to be a pretty miserable evening I'd think, kudos to those who are planning to go along....

davemclaren

You mean, help pay the administrators fees. :P

Boab Mugabe
That must be in the running for the most contradictory post ever.

Lost count the amount of times I've sworn I wouldn't go to games this season yet when the whistle blows I'm there.

It's not something you can just walk away from, even though you get nowt in return from them. :sad:

jambocabby

might think about heading through to the game if our overpayed under performing wage thiefs - oops I mean players - offered to donate this weeks wages to the Gretna cause. Most of our players will earn more in one week than the Gretna players earn in 1-2 months.

SOme good points here, I agree with most for a change, if the players and Board etc. bother to make an effort then fans might.

The cruckie cookie

They can go and take a flying one.

No way will I be through there.

Clerry Jambo

Some of our imposters in Maroon jerseys deserve playing in front of an empty stadium............

Shotgun-Boogie

Don't stress people. I've just left a message at Tynie, telling them to ram it up their far*ter.

I dont know why, but for some reason I'm really tempted to go through. Think I need my head read.

Kinda says it all when the only stand being opened is the main one. Embarrassing.

Clerry Jambo

Could we make it a double tonight --- Bottom Six for the first time since split started AND playing in front of the lowest SPL attendance......Hmmn

Cheers Vlad

:flagwave:

Would have gone through if it was at the weekend but a Tuesday night's no good. Embarrassing just about sums up the whole situation.

The Marketing folk are clearly ******-a-hoop after the turnout for Robbies testimonial and must now think they can turn water into wine :confused:

Cut The Crap

I can't quite figure why it should be up to Hearts fans to subsidise Gretna.

Their own supporters have hardly rallied to the cause since trouble hit; in fact, if anything, their crowds have gone down.

Where are the 10,000 souls who were wearing Gretna scarves on that sunny day at Hampden two years ago?

Clerry Jambo
Why do they want a lot of Gretna fans there?

Seymour you win the coconut!!;)

http://www.heartsfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/HeartsNewsDetail/0,,10289~1311225,00.html

Don't quite know whether to get annoyed at this OR just laff:confused:

what 'close friendship'????

I hate the pathetic little amateur side.

I'd pull the plug on the personally if I could

Gretna GTF you complete joke!

I could not care if the team and all it's players are never seen on the football feild again

Archived