Ruben Palazuelos

Jambo Jim

Glad to see Ruben was voted Hearts Supporters Player of the Year.Hard working and industrious and always gives 101%. Another 10 like him and we would not be in the mess we are. Well done Ruby.

Bugsy Siegel

Thats excellent for him, for me he is a class player one of the only positive things to come from this season.

Guest gorgie kev
Glad to see Ruben was voted Hearts Supporters Player of the Year.Hard working and industrious and always gives 101%. Another 10 like him and we would not be in the mess we are. Well done Ruby.

Knowing Vlad he will sell him because he is making more headlines than him.:rolleyes:

chester copperpot

Great news, and IMO the correct choice. Not many candidates for me this season, but he would've been one of the very few with passmarks. Think this would've went to Velicka if he'd stayed, as his goals would've most probably seen us stay in the top 6.

Respect the choice the supporters made, but in my view the contribution from Christophe Berra in particular but also by the likes of Jonsson and Driver dwarfed anything Palazuelos did.

loveofthegame

Who voted for this?!

Not a bad season, but never POTY.

Sign of the times i guess

Ruben's a great guy and deserved it. Looking forward to next season with him in midfield, reckon he will be alot more used to the scottish game and be even better than this season. Needs to get forward more in my opinion as I think he has the talent to do it.

Well Done Ruben :D

Spellczech
Who voted for this?!

Who would you offer as an alternative?

Surprised in a way, I like Ruben but he didn't start a game for the first 3 or 4 months this season. It wasn't until mid-December that he started playing regularly, although - 24 starts in a row, started 15/12/07 v Rangers, ended at Kilmarnock on Saturday.

Hopefully he will improve next season, if he builds up the physical side of his game he'd be a contender for player of the year in Scotland, Barry Feguson, yer 'avin a laugh.

Spellczech
Surprised in a way, I like Ruben but he didn't start a game for the first 3 or 4 months this season. It wasn't until mid-December that he started playing regularly, although - 24 starts in a row, started 15/12/07 v Rangers, ended at Kilmarnock on Saturday.

Hopefully he will improve next season, if he builds up the physical side of his game he'd be a contender for player of the year in Scotland, Barry Feguson, yer 'avin a laugh.

Would be interested to know how many of those 24 matches that he was our stand out player in - must be about half of them...

Driver or Berra for me.

I can't really understand the rave reviews for Ruben but well done anyway.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Vastly overrated.

I genuinely think the awards should have been cancelled this year.

Embarrasing.

I didn't vote for Ruben simply because he hasn't actually played for the whole season...I voted for Banksy....but so be it...Ruben probably deserved it for being the standout performer in the games he did play.

I'm looking forward to seeing what happens as he continues to settle into the Scottish game, he could be a proper star.... :)

loveofthegame

Berra is, imo, the only player who i'd go as far as saying is deserving of such an award. Which like i said in my prev post is a very sad state of affairs.

Ruben has been ok/average in almost every game, and slightly above average in a few other games. I've consistently stated on here that i think he flatters to deceive, but he has done enough to suggest that in a better side there may be something there. I just hope he gets the chance to play in a better side. I just dont think he has ever offered anything (other than commitment) that makes him deserving of such an award.

Shows how far standards have dropped that he is able to win POTY after only playing for a few months. He's decent but not much more, IMO. Doesn't create enough, hopefully it'll come though.

vlad on the tyne
Vastly overrated.

Embarrasing.

Here Here

Who voted for this?!

I voted for this. Anyone who visits the official site could vote for the award.

Cupar Jambo
Vastly overrated.

Embarrasing.

Agree 100% on both counts

Looks like my 100,000 votes were registered then.

Glad to see him get player of the year out of the options. No doubting Berra has been one of the players of the season but surely folk remember his start to the season. Dreadful.

And Driver? Why?

I still think Velicka should have been a choice. Even though he left I still think he deserved it.

Archived