Dundee Utd sign Farid El Alagui (NHC - sadly)

Say What Again

Butcher wanted to sign him so I'm not really seeing your point here either Snoddy?

Butcher wanted him, Stubbs said no. There's not much of a point apart from Sow isn't a player we want ahead of the other boy but it's the other way around. It's no big deal regardless as I've a feeling either or could be a hit or a miss.

I bet that Alan Stubbs watched him closely for Dundee United and Falkirk. either that or working with the youngsters at Everton he paid close attention to a 28 year old playing 23 games in two years for Brentford.

I don't really understand why people keep touting this sort of thing.

Clubs will have a scouting infrastructure of some sorts advising the manager of available players that they believe would add something.

Hopefully it's the same scouting infrastructure they've been relying on the last few years :)

Butcher wanted him, Stubbs said no. There's not much of a point apart from Sow isn't a player we want ahead of the other boy but it's the other way around. It's no big deal regardless as I've a feeling either or could be a hit or a miss.

No worries mate, just I've never seen it anywhere that Stubbs said he didn't want him?

No worries mate, just I've never seen it anywhere that Stubbs said he didn't want him?

I just gathered that by the fact he didn't sign for them when it had been agreed and surely would have been recommended to the new manager considering it's still the same chief scout in the gig. If not fair play mate doesn't really bother me either or.

I just gathered that by the fact he didn't sign for them when it had been agreed and surely would have been recommended to the new manager considering it's still the same chief scout in the gig. If not fair play mate doesn't really bother me either or.

How do you know that Sow decided not to sign once he realised what a shambles of a club that lot are?

The Old Tolbooth

I may be wrong, but the reason that Hibs didn't sign Sow was because they can't afford to due to being relegated, he was their first choice striker --- if they stayed up!

Now it looks like they've went for the cheaper option yet again, I very much doubt Stubbs had much say in it and it would be Hayley Cropper (Rod) who say yay or nay

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How do you know that Sow decided not to sign once he realised what a shambles of a club that lot are?

If you really think that a professional footballer would turn down an offer from a club and take his chances on trial at others for similar money fair enough.

Your looking far too much into this mate. If Sow signs after impressing on trial then I'm happy enough, he may or may not be better than the Falkirk player. What I said is hibs had first dabs on Sow, hasn't signed him and went for the Falkirk guy instead which makes him their preffered option. Rightly or wrongly. Your getting far too worked up over nothing.

Or perhaps Sow was their preferred option, but he declined them, due to the change of management, or due to us showing an interest, or perhaps another reason.

Or perhaps Sow was their preferred option, but he declined them, due to the change of management, or due to us showing an interest, or perhaps another reason.

Fair enough. Could be a multitude of reasons.

loveofthegame

I may be wrong, but the reason that Hibs didn't sign Sow was because they can't afford to due to being relegated, he was their first choice striker --- if they stayed up!

Now it looks like they've went for the cheaper option yet again, I very much doubt Stubbs had much say in it and it would be Hayley Cropper (Rod) who say yay or nay

This is very much how I see it.

Seen an SPL signing, got relegated so lowered target.

He'll score a few for the shite, but with their defense he will need to to keep them up :D

I don't really understand why people keep touting this sort of thing.

Clubs will have a scouting infrastructure of some sorts advising the manager of available players that they believe would add something.

Hopefully it's the same scouting infrastructure they've been relying on the last few years :)

I'm not sure what there is that you don't understand.

I would find it odd that Stubbs, five minutes in the door signs two players he doesn't know that were scouted by guys he wouldn't know. I would say that these players were not Stubbs' choice. Especially when he turned up at the interview with a list of players he wanted to sign, saying he could sign six of them "tomorrow".

However, I'm more saying it as Hibs fans railed against that when it was happening at Hearts. It never bothered me who signed the players, still doesn't. If it's Levein or Neilson or Murray, I don't really care.

I'm sure Hibs fans will be asking the same questions they did previously.

I think we all know what happens when Hibs turn down a striker and he signs for Hearts.....

I think we all know what happens when Hibs turn down a striker and he signs for Hearts.....

They score in winning cup finals?

Guest Bilel Mohsni

"... Hibs fans railed against that when it was happening at Hearts. It never bothered me who signed the players, still doesn't. If it's Levein or Neilson or Murray, I don't really care... "

It wasn't just Hibs fans. The media at large, and many supporters of every club up here (and a few I know from down south), all took the opportunity to put HMFC in the stocks as a club that had lost its identity. We were lampooned as a club that was now foreign in thinking, and unfamiliar. Directors of football, signings being made by people other than the "gaffer" etc...

It was all water off a duck's back to some, but even in our own support, too many were willing to lap up the; "barmy foreign megalomaniac" line.

Many of the methods that were introduced in the Romanov era, are now commonplace at other Scottish clubs... and whisper this bit... many were already commonplace, but the media never bothered making a big deal of it.

Any footballer that goes to the wee team turns 5hite - FACT

In recent years their one and one quality player was the thumb- luckily the strength he brought was cancelled out by McJake and the other 9 :)

Don't think I can name many others I would have in our team and thats saying something.

Time will tell if Hibs will be decent this season but they will always be our bitches ;)

Roll on the new season

It wasn't just Hibs fans. The media at large, and many supporters of every club up here (and a few I know from down south), all took the opportunity to put HMFC in the stocks as a club that had lost its identity. We were lampooned as a club that was now foreign in thinking, and unfamiliar. Directors of football, signings being made by people other than the "gaffer" etc...

It was all water off a duck's back to some, but even in our own support, too many were willing to lap up the; "barmy foreign megalomaniac" line.

Many of the methods that were introduced in the Romanov era, are now commonplace at other Scottish clubs... and whisper this bit... many were already commonplace, but the media never bothered making a big deal of it.

Zacktly.

Back to 2005

If we had gone for him I would have been disappointed. Sure he will get a few in the first division but think that's about his level.

h1b5 signed him bout 2 hours ago edit title mod NAP

Just saw he signed for the Hobos 2 year contract according to Sky Sports

If we had signed him I would not have been disappointed however he scored 18 goals in the championship a couple of years ago now before suffering a massive knee injury. Did nothing at Brentford as a result and at Dundee Utd he didn't set the heather on fire.

Put simple if you gave me the choice between Alagui who is 29 with 18 goals in the championship a couple of years ago and keatings who is 22 with 15 goals last year for me it is a no brainer, Keatings all day long.

Most of us thought he'd be decent for us when he was spoken about a week ago....

That said I'd much rather have Sow, although not sure how likely that is

Guest oldcastlerock2012

Going by Hibs past signing record they do not have a scobie on what player presents a "best option". I have never seen this guy play but going by the performance of Sow at the weekend and comments made by Robbie I will be happy to accept that he is OUR best option.

Their policy is

Is he available?

Optional: Has he played football before?

(If he once was at a big epl team or sold for a lot of money eons ago thats seals the deal)

Archived