Listed Events List

sked21

Got this essay to do about the strengths and weaknesses of the Listed Events List (not sure why they don't just call it the Listed Sports List).

Managed to come up with a couple. ie The whole nation can see the 'events', it cost organisations income as they can not auction the rights off, helps pubic service broadcasters as if that happened they would lose out to sky.

Anybody got any more?

Help appreciated.

Look at arguments for quality of programming. The BBC will obviously have rules concerning quality and balanced broadcasting. Networks like Sky won't have this so you could argue having the Listed Events List ensures quality as Sky and others might tend to become like tabloid television where the war for ratings becomes so strong that they ignore broadcasting standards in order to entertain.

Look at arguments for quality of programming. The BBC will obviously have rules concerning quality and balanced broadcasting. Networks like Sky won't have this so you could argue having the Listed Events List ensures quality as Sky and others might tend to become like tabloid television where the war for ratings becomes so strong that they ignore broadcasting standards in order to entertain.

Nice one cheers.

The essay wouldn't be so bad if I didn't have to get 12 bloody references.

Nice one cheers.

The essay wouldn't be so bad if I didn't have to get 12 bloody references.

12 references? I take it you have access to databases such as Nexis UK or Proquest newspapers?

You could easily find 12 articles on this topic!

Bosch, easy done!

Always forget about Nexis.

Cheers for the reminder.

Journals are always liked by the lecturers. Spend 5-10 minutes flicking through the contents pages of as many journals as there are to find if there are any articles relating to your essay.

Journals are always liked by the lecturers. Spend 5-10 minutes flicking through the contents pages of as many journals as there are to find if there are any articles relating to your essay.

Cool.

Going into uni tomorrow to hand some books in and print some stuff off so will do that then.

Although a 5 minute job on the net takes 50 minutes. Damn Kickback.:glare:

Using a databse is so much easier - it's like doinga Google search but on a dataset that is academically sound.

One search can view up to 3000 journals in 30 seconds.

Cool.

Going into uni tomorrow to hand some books in and print some stuff off so will do that then.

Although a 5 minute job on the net takes 50 minutes. Damn Kickback.:glare:

What is it that you are studying? and if i may ask, where?

What is it that you are studying? and if i may ask, where?

What class is the essay for? And who's the lecturer?

:laugh:

What class is the essay for? And who's the lecturer?

:laugh:

Just putting into context the information request.

It's my job.

Honest.

Just putting into context the information request.

It's my job.

Honest.

Haha.

I do journalism at Napier as well, 4th year, two weeks left!

Haha.

I do journalism at Napier as well, 4th year, two weeks left!

Nice one. Hope you do well.

Exams start next week?

Nice one. Hope you do well.

Exams start next week?

No exams, just assignments. As I stated in another thread there was assignment that I failed to hand in so me doing well is a bit up in the air at the moment. Currently waiting for the lecturer to come back so I can suck up his backside in order to get a second chance. Get a re-do in the summer but as I'm going to Ibiza I want to try and work something out were by I can do it before I go.

Archived