Total embarressment

Robbo-Jambo

There is no other way to describe it.

No matter what the age of this team they are a total disgrace to HMFC.

No fight no passion today after 40 years of following the club this was the last straw for me.

We are a clueless horrendous joke of a football team.

Locke and Billy Clown are a joke.

Hard to disagree with any of that.

But follow the club through the good and the bad times and this is very hard going.

Jambof3tornado

Last straw in what way? I'll never walk away but its getting a real chore turning up to witness such poor performances.

tbf the team at 1/2 time showed more pride for the maroan than the team that was on 45 mins before and after them.

but hey! they play good keepie uppies.

No fight no passion today after 40 years of following the club this was the last straw for me.

Stay calm!

I am not a Gary Locke apologist.

However he can only play the cards he?s dealt.

He may or may not be a good coach, who knows.

As for you, are you a fair weather supporter?

It?s tough for us all.

Fair weather supporter. lol

Had a season ticket for over 40 years. You ??

Yip we fought like tigers today didn't we !!!

That's my biggest frustration. The players don't want it enough.

Fair weather supporter. lol

Had a season ticket for over 40 years. You ??

I know 40 years is a long time,

that?s why your comments surprise me.

Like you I am a lifelong Hearts supporter,

have been a regular since I was eight

and season ticket holder for twenty years.

If every fan had your attitude then we'd be worse than the Hobos.

We're not like them, we're better!

the hearts fans have nothing to prove, the team & the management however?

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Confidence, none of it, experience, none of it, half hearted fans,sadly too many

After 40 years? So what did you do in the years 1977 to 1982 when they were shite with a team full of grown men?

You need to chill as I fear our nadir has not been reached yet.

Seymour M Hersh

I wonder if Brown and Locke have lost the support/respect of a majority of the team. Not exactly a lost the dressing room scenario but pretty close to it?

btw i'm proud to wear the maroon of hearts wherever i go in the world, that team today couldn't give a flying, if the evidence of the last 6 weeks is anything to go by.

Confidence, none of it, experience, none of it, half hearted fans,sadly too many

The one thing you can't have a pop at is the fans. Out in numbers today again, hands in pockets constantly over the last 6 months and yet you call out half hearted. I agree completely with poster. I'm season ticket holder for many years but the last few performance have made my eyes bleed!

Rough with the smooth! Feel sorry for Gary given the threadbare squad he's got. I have to say though there has seemed to be no real game plan in any of the last few home games I've seen. Today effort was horrendous. Once again ball retention was a big issue.

Yeah I know mate. Just pure frustration I suppose.

WTF Another good turnout today but we are half hearted because we are not jumping up and down signing our heads off like lunatics.

If the team and the manger cant show any passion or fight how can you expect the fans to get behind them.

Rough with the smooth! Feel sorry for Gary given the threadbare squad he's got. I have to say though there has seemed to be no real game plan in any of the last few home games I've seen. Today effort was horrendous. Once again ball retention was a big issue.

Spot on. There didn't seem to be any game plan whatsoever and we just seemed to be totally disorganised with absolutely no leadership on the park. It is difficult to gauge whether Locke is a good manager though as these are not normal circumstances. I'm willing to give him a chance for now but it is not easy.

I'm only 26 years old so tbh I have never really had 'the bad times' that have been mentioned.

Thankfully born 87 I never saw the 70's where apparently Hibs were much better, and add to that I wasn't around in 86.

My whole life apart from odd results we have dominated Hibs. That's a fact. Considering we had won 2 derbies this season prior to last thursdays defeat it didn't really hurt, I mean you can't win them all right! Atleast we show fight.

What I will not accept though is fightless, toothless, shite-bag performances. Recently we have lost 7-0 celtic, 4-0 killie, 2-0 today at partick and that's just at home. Don't get me started on away games although fair play we played well at st mirren.

Anyway I know you have to take the good with the bad, but recently we have been absolutely shocking. Our team is completely void of passion and fight, amongst technical ability.

Sorry but Locke is completely out of his depth.

Got to agree with the OP.

I've had a season ticket for about 25 years myself and never seen a more incompetent management team at any club in our division, let alone ours. Pat Felon, Stevie Frail, Tommy McLean etc look like Beckenbauer compared to Locke and Brown, who seem to be doing their own Laurel and Hardy double act in our dugouts.

They badly need to go to give a new man time to get a coaching setup in place for next season. If this drags on to the summer, we can forget about getting back up in a year.

Oh FFS right from the off today there were loads of "Fan(nie)s" shouting and swearing at any misplaced pass or failure to pass like Beckenbaur. They are all including management like rabbits in the headlights now after months of similar abuse, afraid to be caught with the ball in case they make a mistake."boot up the arse" was a common shout today I honestly struggle to understand how those types think that constant abuse is going to make anybody suddenly start to perform or gain confidence.

NB I am not saying that I find the situation acceptable but that constantly being on someone's back is not the way to improve performance.

MacDonald Jardine

Got to agree with the OP.

I've had a season ticket for about 25 years myself and never seen a more incompetent management team at any club in our division, let alone ours. Pat Felon, Stevie Frail, Tommy McLean etc look like Beckenbauer compared to Locke and Brown, who seem to be doing their own Laurel and Hardy double act in our dugouts.

They badly need to go to give a new man time to get a coaching setup in place for next season. If this drags on to the summer, we can forget about getting back up in a year.

Don't agree with this at all.

The McLean time in particular was utterly inept with what was basically a decent team.

We'll be getting the "at least they tried in the 70s and early 80's" guff next.

I like it, but It didn't rhyme.

Oh FFS right from the off today there were loads of "Fan(nie)s" shouting and swearing at any misplaced pass or failure to pass like Beckenbaur. They are all including management like rabbits in the headlights now after months of similar abuse, afraid to be caught with the ball in case they make a mistake."boot up the arse" was a common shout today I honestly struggle to understand how those types think that constant abuse is going to make anybody suddenly start to perform or gain confidence.

NB I am not saying that I find the situation acceptable but that constantly being on someone's back is not the way to improve performance.

I think the vast majority of fans have been very patient. You will always get the odd loudmouth who cant help himself. A vocal minority can sometimes make a situation seem worse than it is.

Anyway if they are concentrating on their game they would not be hearing the odd catcall.

I for one will never walk away ..ST for next season isn't even debatable - I assume like c.7k other 'for life' supporters!

Don't agree with this at all.

The McLean time in particular was utterly inept with what was basically a decent team.

We'll be getting the "at least they tried in the 70s and early 80's" guff next.

I went to every game home and away during the Tommy McLean era and, while he did a poor job it can't really be compared to the dejected losers in our dugout this season that have had us in freefall since September. I think we didn't score enough goals back then but our defence was still organised enough with the likes of Alan McLaren.

100% agree with this.

The blame for today's 'embarressment' can be lain with absolute confidence at the feet of the supporters.

I agree but if your having a bad game at the very least you could put in 110% effort. I couldn't say that of one player on that pitch today.

100% agree with this.

The blame for today's 'embarressment' can be lain with absolute confidence at the feet of the supporters.

:cornette:

It was the supporters that were coaching the players right enough....

I went to every game home and away during the Tommy McLean era and, while he did a poor job it can't really be compared to the dejected losers in our dugout this season that have had us in freefall since September. I think we didn't score enough goals back then but our defence was still organised enough with the likes of Alan McLaren.

I think our defense nowadays would be well organized with the likes of Alan Mclaren.

But we don't have the luxury of international class defenders. We don't have the luxury of being able to make any changes except if you count u20s.

:cornette:

It was the supporters that were coaching the players right enough....

Glad someone else gets it mate.

I agree but if your having a bad game at the very least you could put in 110% effort. I couldn't say that of one player on that pitch today.

Shocking performance today but disagree slightly, thought Scott Robinson put in 100% today and always tried to make things happen. The rest excluding MacDonald were terrible.

I think our defense nowadays would be well organized with the likes of Alan Mclaren.

But we don't have the luxury of international class defenders. We don't have the luxury of being able to make any changes except if you count u20s.

Danny Wilson is about ages with what Alan McLaren was then, and may have more caps for Scotland than McLaren had then. Wilson just isn't a patch on him, unfortunately.

Organisation isn't simply about how many international caps your players have - its fundamental basics of coaching and football management.

My late teenage years were the relegation years of the late 1970's. Like many I have a certain unaccountable nostalgia for that grim period, I dare say getting blootered on supporters buses to 1st division grounds all across the country took the edge off it. No such consolation now, this is the grimmest time I can recall and with every likliehood of a couple of horrendous seasons to come in the championship. Desperate times we're living through here...

Back to 2005

If you want to apportion blame then blame the SPL. We can't be expected to compete under the present circumstances. I'm as frustrated as everyone else but now resigned to our fate.

hearts_crazy

This, 100%. Today was utterly unforgivable, regardless of age and experience our lack of passion, fight, will to win, desire was beyond belief.

I for one will never walk away ..ST for next season isn't even debatable - I assume like c.7k other 'for life' supporters!

Very , very ,very much this!! I am no uber fan BUT! I try and support my team through thick and thin.

MacDonald Jardine

We also had Stephen Frail and Dave McPherson in defence.

Not to mention Jim Bett, John Colquhoun, John Robertson. Gary McKay and Mo Johnston.

The squads aren't remotely comparable.

We also had Stephen Frail and Dave McPherson in defence.

Not to mention Jim Bett, John Colquhoun, John Robertson. Gary McKay and Mo Johnston.

The squads aren't remotely comparable.

Neither are the results comparable to this utter gutless shite being served up week after week, with no lessons learned and results in complete freefall.

I didn't expect much this season, but I at least expected to see us go down fighting. That is why I'm afraid Locke has utterly failed as a manager.

There is no way we were realistically going to compete this season with players we were left with. Was nice to be bullish for a few weeks.

The wins over Hibs and Aberdeen probably raised expectations too high. Then reality started to set in.

These guys would normally get the odd game here and there.

Look what happened to West Hams Under21 team at Forest...pumped. it happens.

Aye ok GL might not be getting his message across too well or maybe the message is wrong, but realistically would anyone else get us 10 wins from our remaining games?

Unfortunately it isn't going to get better and we're going to need thick skin.

Don't want to sound like an arse but let's try and stick with it....we'll support you ever more and all that.

Have to say, i think most jags were shittin' it for this game (i certainly was). We were expecting a really difficult game since thistle's heads have been down after our recent results. We've been dominating games (like the last time we played you at firhill) and not getting any points never mind 3. I was really disappointed with the hearts team yesterday cause there just didnt seem to be any fight in them at all, which is especially dissappointing considering this was a chance to get out the negative points. Thistle weren't on top form by a long shot and (certainly in the second half where i had a better view) there were 4 or 5 chances that really should have been goals for hearts. Missed headers and stumbling over the ball showed that your young boys just didnt seem to have the drive to take advantage of the holes in our defence. When bannigan was sent off it was a real real opportunity for hearts to launch the attack on thistle cause we usually fall apart when we're down to 10 men, but again, there just seemed to be no threat at all. I do think the better team won yesterday, but i really think that hearts team are capable of a lot better. So i was wanting to hear from hearts fans what they think the problem is, cause you would expect a team of young boys to be out every week playing their socks aff. So do you think its that the young players lack the experience and skill, or do you think that it's just a lack of inspiration and tactics from the management?

Have to say, i think most jags were shittin' it for this game (i certainly was). We were expecting a really difficult game since thistle's heads have been down after our recent results. We've been dominating games (like the last time we played you at firhill) and not getting any points never mind 3. I was really disappointed with the hearts team yesterday cause there just didnt seem to be any fight in them at all, which is especially dissappointing considering this was a chance to get out the negative points. Thistle weren't on top form by a long shot and (certainly in the second half where i had a better view) there were 4 or 5 chances that really should have been goals for hearts. Missed headers and stumbling over the ball showed that your young boys just didnt seem to have the drive to take advantage of the holes in our defence. When bannigan was sent off it was a real real opportunity for hearts to launch the attack on thistle cause we usually fall apart when we're down to 10 men, but again, there just seemed to be no threat at all. I do think the better team won yesterday, but i really think that hearts team are capable of a lot better. So i was wanting to hear from hearts fans what they think the problem is, cause you would expect a team of young boys to be out every week playing their socks aff. So do you think its that the young players lack the experience and skill, or do you think that it's just a lack of inspiration and tactics from the management?

This is the main reason we're all a bit p'd off just now. No desire from the players to do better.

Thistle were the better side and deserved to win.

While they definitely lack experience, I don't think they lack skill. They lack a bit of physicality; we're heavily outmuscled in all areas of the park.

We lack a lot of things, but the main thing appears to be a clear sense of direction from the management. Two different Hearts teams played yesterday. There was Team 1 which played the first half, hoofing the ball into the air at every given opportunity, and then there was Team 2 which came on and played the ball on the deck. Team 2 drew 0-0 and created chances (unfortunately another thing we lack is goal scorers); Team 1 got beat 2-0 and created next to nothing.

There is no feeling of seige mentality about the team. There doesn't appear to be any feeling of togetherness about them. They quickly start to argue with each other on the park and players frequently look over to the dugout with arms open as if in confusion about what's expected of them. We started the season with an every-game-a-cup-final mentality, but that's gone. Something needs to be done. Yes, we're relegated, but you'd expect us to go out with bang; at the moment we're not even whimpering.

Archived