Scarlett Johansson's Album

Mr X

Being a major Bowie-head I, ahem, 'found' the two tracks that he does backing vocals for, on this album. It's an album of Tom Waits covers. I quite like Waits, not a huge fan, but was interested to check it out.

Dear God.

She can't sing. She really, really, really can't sing. At all. She is woefully, horribly, flat and out of tune. All the compression, double-tracking, reverb, low in the mix, etc. can't hide it, which they've clearly tried to do. It's horrible, and also grossly unfair. If she wasn't who she is, she wouldn't have got anywhere near getting a deal. Yes, people like Mark E Smith can't sing but that's different, he's not trying to. Ms Johansson is and the result is bum-clenchingly, fingers-down-the-blackboard, bad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmzUOvgNYVw

jamboinglasgow

this is a problem of the actors or actresses who think becuase they can act they can sing. Too many of them, J-Lo cant even do either.

Chad Sexington
Being a major Bowie-head I, ahem, 'found' the two tracks that he does backing vocals for, on this album. It's an album of Tom Waits covers. I quite like Waits, not a huge fan, but was interested to check it out.

Dear God.

She can't sing. She really, really, really can't sing. At all. She is woefully, horribly, flat and out of tune. All the compression, double-tracking, reverb, low in the mix, etc. can't hide it, which they've clearly tried to do. It's horrible, and also grossly unfair. If she wasn't who she is, she wouldn't have got anywhere near getting a deal. Yes, people like Mark E Smith can't sing but that's different, he's not trying to. Ms Johansson is and the result is bum-clenchingly, fingers-down-the-blackboard, bad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmzUOvgNYVw

She does have a great lungs though.

:P

Archived