Jamma wants to stay

BM1874

Going to be in the e.e.n today but Jamie MacDonald wants to stay at Hearts and sign a new deal relegation or not.

Think that is absolutely brilliant news, i know he splits opinion on here but its great news that he is out signalling intent to stay. Hopefully encourage others to do so.

Fwiw I am a big fan, only need to look at how often he has kept us in games / scores down, fact he has faced most shots of all keepers this season 123? Great news for me!

On the flip side I can see that being Ridgers cue to leaving, may be wrong but cant see him staying to be a back up in the championship.

I have a feeling he may head back up North to Ross County, he is a fan and in the match programme from the away game their management/chairman indicated that they are following him/keeping an eye on his situation.

Jambof3tornado

Brilliant news and a good start to our team rebuild!

Did Danny W not also say he wanted to stay regardless of league?

yep good news has done a good job for us but personally I woudnt care if all the rest left and we started with a whole new starting line up next season

Brilliant news and a good start to our team rebuild!

Did Danny W not also say he wanted to stay regardless of league?

Pretty sure he did, whether thats still the case remains to be seen, also kind of sure Stevo said similar or words to the effect of stayin, keeping a good spine to our team

'We're going down, dont give a **** We are the Hearts and we will be back up!'

tartofmidlothian

Great news, that's MacDonald, Wilson and Stevo all said the same thing. All three would be key players in the Championship next season, here's hoping it happens.

I'd say the same about Hamill too, although I'd be undecided about him in if we stayed in the Premiership.

Ridgers out, Kello in? :whistling:

Tiberius Stinkfinger

He can only get better that's for sure.

Jumping the gun a bit with talk of new contracts though surely.

I'd like to see Ridgers get a run. He looks to have a bit more presence and wouldn't be upset should a bid come in for him before window shuts

tartofmidlothian

yep good news has done a good job for us but personally I woudnt care if all the rest left and we started with a whole new starting line up next season

Madness. There are at least half a dozen young players in our squad who'll be great in five years' time.

Madness. There are at least half a dozen young players in our squad who'll be great in five years' time.

We need experienced players and a lot of them and if that happens and most of the youngsters drop back to the bench or back into the under 20 team after getting a fair taste of first team football then I would imagine a lot of them would want to move on

tartofmidlothian

We need experienced players and a lot of them and if that happens and most of the youngsters drop back to the bench or back into the under 20 team after getting a fair taste of first team football then I would imagine a lot of them would want to move on

I'd imagine our best young players would stay in our first team next season, at least for long stretches. If any of the borderline decent ones want to leave because they think they should be guaranteed a run, I'd drive them to the bus station.

I know eh? Does he call himself that?

Clearly is comes from shortening Jamie Mac, and no it's his team mates who first called him that.

pettigrewsstylist

Going to be in the e.e.n today but Jamie MacDonald wants to stay at Hearts and sign a new deal relegation or not.

Think that is absolutely brilliant news, i know he splits opinion on here but its great news that he is out signalling intent to stay. Hopefully encourage others to do so.

Fwiw I am a big fan, only need to look at how often he has kept us in games / scores down, fact he has faced most shots of all keepers this season 123? Great news for me!

On the flip side I can see that being Ridgers cue to leaving, may be wrong but cant see him staying to be a back up in the championship.

I have a feeling he may head back up North to Ross County, he is a fan and in the match programme from the away game their management/chairman indicated that they are following him/keeping an eye on his situation.

Lets see,,, cant imagine he would answer ***k that,, moment we are down im out of here and my agent is ready and waiting!

Hope its real but just saying,,,, what else would he say?

I'd imagine our best young players would stay in our first team next season, at least for long stretches. If any of the borderline decent ones want to leave because they think they should be guaranteed a run, I'd drive them to the bus station.

Agree with the last part of that but I don't see or am convinced that any of those players will turn out to be "great" but only time will tell and IF we do go down can we risk still playing most of these guys and taking the risk of failing to gain promotion?

tartofmidlothian

Agree with the last part of that but I don't see or am convinced that any of those players will turn out to be "great" but only time will tell and IF we do go down can we risk still playing most of these guys and taking the risk of failing to gain promotion?

I'd happily see Walker and Holt turn out every week. Same goes for Paterson, McKay, McHattie and McGee, as long as we had the option to rest them if necessary. No worries with guys like Gowser and Tapping filling out the squad too.

No doubting he has been excellent for us this season and pulled off some fantastic stops, kept us in games, and it's great to hear that players still want to commit to us, however, I think Ridgers has the potential to be a far better keeper than Jamie and feel that if we go down as part of rebuilding next season the best thing to do to start realising that potential is to play Ridgers. He'll also be cheaper than Jamie.

Agree with Husref, if we stay up then he stays, if not then he goes.

I'd happily see Walker and Holt turn out every week. Same goes for Paterson, McKay, McHattie and McGee, as long as we had the option to rest them if necessary. No worries with guys like Gowser and Tapping filling out the squad too.

from that list holt-yes the rest to play second fiddle to a more experienced squad,walker could do much better but I get the impression his heart maybe lies elsewhere possibly at ibroke,Patterson but never up front McKay and McGee back to the under 20"s

Given the cost of relegation (which Gary Locke now has as inevitable) we cannot carry MacDonald and Ridgers. One or 'tother. I'd love MacDonald to stay but as he is the higher earner and the one out of contract, we'll go with Ridgers in the Championship IMO.

'Wanting' to stay and staying are two very different things.

Yup.

Plus, it would not be a very smart move with quite a few months till the end of the season to come out and say, "Relegation, catch you all on the flip side"

Given the cost of relegation (which Gary Locke now has as inevitable) we cannot carry MacDonald and Ridgers. One or 'tother. I'd love MacDonald to stay but as he is the higher earner and the one out of contract, we'll go with Ridgers in the Championship IMO.

Ridgers' injuries could be an issue though. Has he not already had a couple of long term lay offs?

Does a player whose been at the club over 10yrs get a testimonial..

Im sure that was the case for robbie neilson.

We may not have any money but its just a shame that jamie isnt rewarded for his loyalty to the club,especially as he had to play 2nd fiddle to craig gordon & marian kello for long enough & take a pay cut!

Who would sign him anyway?

Great shot stopper, but has very poor command of his area (that second punch against Hibs :facepalm:).

Can't see many English clubs coming in for him.

Great shot stopper, but has very poor command of his area (that second punch against Hibs :facepalm:).

League 2 sides would be able to pay more than most spl clubs, i'm sure he'd be good enough at that level. In reality he'd be league 1, maybe championship.

Clerry Jambo

Beat me to the punch ( excuse pun ) mate and totally agree

Would be happy to keep Jamie but if he did command his box, he would be a wanted man, there is no doubt.

Whose the goalie at The Rangers?

Beat me to the punch ( excuse pun ) mate and totally agree

Would be happy to keep Jamie but if he did command his box, he would be a wanted man, there is no doubt.

Whose the goalie at The Rangers?

cammy bell

Jamie would walk into most England league 1 clubs. Championship though maybe half of them. For spl, more than adequate keeper and we are lucky to have him.

Clerry Jambo

cammy bell

Cheers

Just wondered if super Ally may have been tempted with a wee bid but Bell is a decent keeper

League 2 sides would be able to pay more than most spl clubs, i'm sure he'd be good enough at that level. In reality he'd be league 1, maybe championship.

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy enough with him for now.

But I don't think he's going to be beating back the offers at the moment. If his options are staying with us or going to be a second-choice keeper at a third-rate Championship side, then I'm not that surprised he'd rather stay in Edinburgh.

Now if he learned how to command his box...

I'd be very happy if Jamie was our goalkeeper next year.

This.

He's still underrated by many on here. Good goalkeeper.

Ridgers' injuries could be an issue though. Has he not already had a couple of long term lay offs?

You are right, it would be a concern, we may even empty both....

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy enough with him for now.

But I don't think he's going to be beating back the offers at the moment. If his options are staying with us or going to be a second-choice keeper at a third-rate Championship side, then I'm not that surprised he'd rather stay in Edinburgh.

Now if he learned how to command his box...

that's pretty much as I see it.

Its a bit funny to me, all this 'he's got flaws to his game' chat. He's a goalie. Most goalies have flaws. He's in the spl. All spl players have flaws. Its verging on a truism to say Jamie McDonald, heart goalie has flaws. if he didnt we wouldve ssold him years ago.

If we are working to a wage budget then Mcdonald for the wages I'd reckon he's on the last position we need to strengthen.

And Jamma? I cringe when I see that.

Aye, but learning how to dominate your box is a lot more readily teachable than becoming a decent shot-stopper in the first place.

That's where the frustration stems from.

And it's not like he's a '9' at shot-stopping and a '7' at commanding his box.

The gulf between the two main areas of his game is huge. I'd put it more like 8 and 3 respectively.

that's pretty much as I see it.

Its a bit funny to me, all this 'he's got flaws to his game' chat. He's a goalie. Most goalies have flaws. He's in the spl. All spl players have flaws. Its verging on a truism to say Jamie McDonald, heart goalie has flaws. if he didnt we wouldve ssold him years ago.

Was combe known for commanding his area?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhwswW7hyMU

Harsh :laugh:

Jambof3tornado

"Jamma" comes from the Hearts Twitter feed. Cringe every time I see that.

Better than legolas mchattie!

Victor Mancini

www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhwswW7hyMU

Harsh :laugh:

:rofl:

Archived