Rampant, Regal Reading Relegated. Wretched.

Buffalo Bill

Buffalo Bill

I felt a bit sorry for Reading, a team I quite like, what with their resemblence to the might QPR.

Steve Coppell is a manager I really respect; a very dignified, quietly spoken chap. He had them playing quite well but alas, Fulham did the Harry Houdini act.

Hopefully he'll get to keep his job, but I'm not so sure.

The Premiership: all in all the best show in town. Great stuff all round.

Unless you support Man City.

Buffalo Bill

Nevermind the relegation can you believe that there is a good chance that either a 40 year old Dean Windass or Jamie bleeding McAllister may play in the Premiership next season :hae36:

Charlie-Brown

Gary Locke, Juanjo & Alan Combe all played in the Premiership for Bradford under Jeffries!

Charlie-Brown
Which probably explains this :

http://www.toffeeweb.com/SEASON/00-01/table.asp

Undoubtedly however I think there is every likelihood that Bristol or Hull will match that should they make the Premiership - I also doubt Windass or MacAllister would get many games as those teams would seriously need to buy to avoid being another Derby / Watford / Sunderland of recent seasons.

Goose Baxter
Undoubtedly however I think there is every likelihood that Bristol or Hull will match that should they make the Premiership - I also doubt Windass or MacAllister would get many games as those teams would seriously need to buy to avoid being another Derby / Watford / Sunderland of recent seasons.

Spot on with what you are saying, On m.o.t.d tonight someone said that Sunderland had to spend round about 40m during the season and they only avoided the drop by 3 points.

So it goes to show the massive step it takes to go from a championship team to a premiership team.

boabyarsebiscuit
I felt a bit sorry for Reading, a team I quite like, what with their resemblence to the might QPR.

Steve Coppell is a manager I really respect; a very dignified, quietly spoken chap. He had them playing quite well but alas, Fulham did the Harry Houdini act.

Coppell's a Grade A stroker. Bottled it a Man City. And very very up his own behind, as anyone who had to listen to him spouting pish during the '90s when he was bumming himself up as a future Man Utd manager.

My favourite ever Coppell story (which also reflects badly on Mick McCarthy, so it's a win-win situation) is concerned with the transfer of Chris Armstrong from Millwall to Palace when Coppell was Palace manager and McCarthy in charge at Millwall. A deal was struck at a million quid plus Millwall got a choice of one of two "surplus to requirements" players as a makeweight. Coppell wanted shot of the supposedly rubbish strikers, Jamie Moralee (he was right about him at least) or Stan Collymore. McCarthy in his wisdom took Moralee. Coppell then booted Collymore out to Southend a few weeks later for ?180,000. 18 games later Collymore goes to Nottingham Forest for 3 million quid.

PS - I think Collymore only ever scored one goal for Palace - a screamer against QPR.

Buffalo Bill
Coppell's a Grade A stroker. Bottled it a Man City. And very very up his own behind, as anyone who had to listen to him spouting pish during the '90s when he was bumming himself up as a future Man Utd manager.

My favourite ever Coppell story (which also reflects badly on Mick McCarthy, so it's a win-win situation) is concerned with the transfer of Chris Armstrong from Millwall to Palace when Coppell was Palace manager and McCarthy in charge at Millwall. A deal was struck at a million quid plus Millwall got a choice of one of two "surplus to requirements" players as a makeweight. Coppell wanted shot of the supposedly rubbish strikers, Jamie Moralee (he was right about him at least) or Stan Collymore. McCarthy in his wisdom took Moralee. Coppell then booted Collymore out to Southend a few weeks later for ?180,000. 18 games later Collymore goes to Nottingham Forest for 3 million quid.

PS - I think Collymore only ever scored one goal for Palace - a screamer against QPR.

Jesus, that's me told then!

...and you even got a goal in v QPR!

Buffalo Bill

The Premiership: all in all the best show in town. Great stuff all round.

Unless you support Man City.

Buffalo Bill

All I can say is "C'Mon You Whites"!

And there might be a UEFA Cup place up for grabs for playing like pussies! What a day!

Also, nothing can ever compare to big Roy's motivational speech to the players a few weeks back..

"I said to the boys 'its not a must win game, but this is a game we must win'".

Fulham then drew to Derby...

maltese jambo
Spot on with what you are saying, On m.o.t.d tonight someone said that Sunderland had to spend round about 40m during the season and they only avoided the drop by 3 points.

So it goes to show the massive step it takes to go from a championship team to a premiership team.

Dont really agree with that....Wigan, Reading (last season), Bolton have hardly spent anything but done ok...i think its more a question of mangement.

I think this season the prem has been the worst ive ever seen it. For a team like Fulham to survive says it all really. Mr. Gray and all the hype and spin of SKY cannot really fool most people.

I have a lot of respect for Coppell but i think some of his signings really are questionible: Duberry, Roseingior, and Hannerman really are not good enough.

Archived