Bear Grylls: Born Survivor

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Anyone watch this?

Absolutely brilliant TV, one of my favourite things on at the moment.

The guy is a complete nutter and is very entertaining!

Think he is the youngest British person to climb Everest as well.

bear_grylls_in_jungle1.jpg

Legend!

Quite like his programs but he's no Ray Mears.

Especially when you see stuff like this:

Soon to be seen on this thread: The usual debate over Bear Grylls authenticity and people being upset that he stayed in a hotel once.

Belting program.

alwaysthereinspirit
Quite like his programs but he's no Ray Mears.

Especially when you see stuff like this:

That is pretty funny. Like how the second guy is carrying a bottle of water to show how casual he is.

Still a good show though.

Goose Baxter
Favorite Bear moments include him sucking the 'liquid' out of elephant dung and eating the carcass of a zebra just minutes after some hungry lions had finished with it :eek:

http://www.discoverychannel.co.uk/bornsurvivor/

That is proper rank!!! To see it just lying on the ground and then he starts to munch on it!!

Bet he could do with a bit of the old HP Sauce!

He's a tosser. Although I did find that programme about the paramotor over Everest pretty good.

Great programe, really interesting. He'll eat anything scorpions, spiders, frogs... must have some stoumach. Gives me the boke watching it.

chester copperpot

I really really enjoy the programme, I know there's been some doubt cast over its authenticity, but the guys pretty cool and does a lot of stuff that I'd rather die than carry out.

He is the real deal. The odd night in a hotel doesnae bother me a bit. He's a survivor, and a survivor would stay in a hotel over a hollowed out snow hill any day of the week!

Loved the bit when he jumped off the raft into the sea and jumped back out again cause of a blooming great big shark!

"Oh look....a live vine snake.....better eat it alive...." MUNCH.

Legend.

Haha that was pretty rank.

He wrapped some of it up and kept it for later as well. :)

Haha that was pretty rank.

He wrapped some of it up and kept it for later as well. :)

Yeah.........."it's not a skanky dead snake....it's a liquorice wheel.....it's not a skanky dead snake.....it's a liquorice wheel":p

See how Bear is struggling to climb and walk all over the place, like when he was climbing down the waterfall a couple of weeks ago, how the hell does the cameraman get down with so much ease while holding a camera? :confused:

Bert Le Clos

The guy's clearly an a rse, but you've got to respect the stuff he does. Has done a lot of work for charity as well.

Ray Mear's would have him though!

coppercrutch
The guy's clearly an a rse, but you've got to respect the stuff he does. Has done a lot of work for charity as well.

Ray Mear's would have him though!

Totally.

You have to be stuck in an inhospitable part of the World with either Bear or Ray...

Ray would win every day !! He is the real deal.

See how Bear is struggling to climb and walk all over the place, like when he was climbing down the waterfall a couple of weeks ago, how the hell does the cameraman get down with so much ease while holding a camera? :confused:

The camera crew would just abseil down using safety equipment.

Bear is possibly also wearing some sort of equipment and is going down the middle of a waterfall so that any safety wires are obstructed from view by the water splashing around him.

I reckon Bear is a skat fetishist. Any excuse to eat some jobbies and he's there. "ooh theres nothing to drink, but there is this lovely big jobby. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.........." The mans sick. Although it does go with the ex-public schoolboy stereotype......

Also enjoyed his Star Wars impression when he crawled inside a dead animal to keep warm. Great telly!

Anyone catch it tonight then? Absolutely brilliant.

He was in some deserted mountain and had to find a way down from it. He ended up just whipping out this paraglide from his bag and flying off the side off the mountain!!

He had to build a raft as well to cross this freezing cold river but unfortunately the raft wasn't good enough so he took his top off and swam back to ground.

Hero.

chester copperpot
Anyone catch it tonight then? Absolutely brilliant.

He was in some deserted mountain and had to find a way down from it. He ended up just whipping out this paraglide from his bag and flying off the side off the mountain!!

He had to build a raft as well to cross this freezing cold river but unfortunately the raft wasn't good enough so he took his top off and swam back to ground.

Hero.

Seen that one before, absolute kwality.

The Doctor

Couldn't disagree more. He's a poser, a fake and an arse.

He made that raft out of wet bark and random bits of sodden tree and then was surprised when it sank, having set up a so called back up plan of lighting a fire on the bank he was leaving, just in case.

My eight year old's take on it "he's an IDIOT".

He's quite astute for an eight year old.

Ray Mears eats Bear Grylls.

Couldn't disagree more. He's a poser, a fake and an arse.

He made that raft out of wet bark and random bits of sodden tree and then was surprised when it sank, having set up a so called back up plan of lighting a fire on the bank he was leaving, just in case.

My eight year old's take on it "he's an IDIOT".

He's quite astute for an eight year old.

Ray Mears eats Bear Grylls.

Your eight year olds an IDIOT then. ;)

He is more entertaining that Ray Mears and it makes better viewing IMO. His enthusiasm for survival is fascinating and you can just tell he's not quite right in the head.

If I was ever stuck on a mountain I would know what to do now thanks to Bear Grylls. :)

Sooperstar - it's on Channel 4 on Sundays @ 8. Sure you can watch it online though.

The Doctor
Your eight year olds an IDIOT then. ;)

He is more entertaining that Ray Mears and it makes better viewing IMO. His enthusiasm for survival is fascinating and you can just tell he's not quite right in the head.

If I was ever stuck on a mountain I would know what to do now thanks to Bear Grylls. :)

Sooperstar - it's on Channel 4 on Sundays @ 8. Sure you can watch it online though.

My eight year old knows where apostrophes go.

Back of the net!

He'd probably beat you and your boyfriend Bear in a fight as well.

In off the red!

If you got stuck up a mountain it would probably be because of Bear Grylls in the first place.

Cashback!

My eight year old knows where apostrophes go.

Back of the net!

He'd probably beat you and your boyfriend Bear in a fight as well.

In off the red!

If you got stuck up a mountain it would probably be because of Bear Grylls in the first place.

Cashback!

It's Sunday night, forgive me for not checking my posts for errors. ;)

Ray Mears is an arse.

Look at his face. Just look at it.

And he is fat. What kind of survival expert is fat?!

74203601.jpg?v=1&c=ViewImages&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF1935A6DEC864C2BC5D92DD641C94560361A284831B75F48EF45

The Doctor

Obviously Ray Mears does better living off the land, on bush tucker or whatever they call it than Bear and his measly one tiny grub/larvae thing and skinny, muddy worm.

Ray Mears would probably have built a Dunkin' Donuts out of bamboo and willow bark.

I want a fat survivalist, if the worst came to it, I could live off of the fat of Mears for a long time.

Legend Claws

I remember one epsiode when he pulled a fish out of the ice, chomped through it's spine to kill it and then sucked out the meat. Nothing fake about that!

Archived