Thomas Flogel

Coco

... fit as a fiddle.

How much better would he have been for us this season than some of the rubbish we have had playing in midfield?

Great to see him play again.

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo

He was a guy who always played with a smile on his face and made things look easy.

Today he was superb.

I also thought McCann was good, but some of Fulton's touches brought back golden memories.

The most skillful player on the park today was an overweight insurance risk.

He was a guy who always played with a smile on his face and made things look easy.

Today he was superb.

I also thought McCann was good, but some of Fulton's touches brought back golden memories.

The most skillful player on the park today was an overweight insurance risk.

You are right about the bringing back golden memories of Fulton. I have never seen a Hearts player who was so good at putting the right pace on passes.

My old man walked away from the game today telling me that Fulton is one of his all time favourite Hearts players. And he goes back to the Terrible Trio!

10 years younger, the cup team would have raped the current team.

I thought that most, but not all, of the young players we had out there looked awful.

Ryan Gosling
I thought that most, but not all, of the young players we had out there looked awful.

McGowan and Rapnik were easily the most accomplished out there.

Although it is hard to tell in such a match.

Easier to find out when they play at Gretna.

Thomas can still pick out a 40 yard pass and kill a ball when needed. Screpis looked good again . . .

Thoroughly enjoyable afternoon. Nice touch having Willie Young refereeing.

Buffalo Bill

Maybe Frail will get his autograph tonight on a one year deal.

It was great watching old favourites again; you could see they really loved it out there, and I imagine they'll be having a bit of a night tonight. They deserve it. I really enjoyed today's game.

The players of 1998 weren't they greatest team in the history of football, but bloody hell they gave it everything.

Buffalo Bill

Had a great laugh today. Tam was in fine form. Robbo was hilarious, just hacking everyone. Good day to finish a woeful season(excluding Gretna). Things can only get better chaps.

Alan Johnson
... fit as a fiddle.

How much better would he have been for us this season than some of the rubbish we have had playing in midfield?

sadly it looked like only flogel adam and rousset from the 98 team made any effort to stay fit...

Buffalo Bill
Nice touch having Willie Young refereeing.

I've always felt Young was one of the good guys in life.

Buffalo Bill

Thomas can still pick out a 40 yard pass and kill a ball when needed. Screpis looked good again . . .

Thoroughly enjoyable afternoon. Nice touch having Willie Young refereeing.

I thought Willie might enter into the spirit of things when Robbo barged Banksy...........was hoping he might point to several areas of the pitch and give Robbo a yellow for persistent fouling ;)

Maybe such parody would have been too much to ask though :P

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

It was great watching old favourites again; you could see they really loved it out there, and I imagine they'll be having a bit of a night tonight. They deserve it. I really enjoyed today's game.

The players of 1998 weren't they greatest team in the history of football, but bloody hell they gave it everything.

Buffalo Bill

Light and day from today.

I don't even know what I would give to have a line-up again of:

Rousset

Locke Weir Ritchie Naysmith

Cameron Fulton Salvatori Flogel

Adam McCann

I can't think of anybody in our current squad who would dislodge any of that lot.

1997/98 was my favourite season as a Hearts fan - it's great to see them back.

sadly it looked like only flogel adam and rousset from the 98 team made any effort to stay fit...

For someone with a bad knee, Paul Ritchie looked very fit.

As I have to say, did Gary Mackay. Rolled back the years ...

Was actually shocked that most of the auld farts STILL looked so much more graceful and comfortable on the ball :sad:

Ryan Gosling
For someone with a bad knee, Paul Ritchie looked very fit.

As I have to say, did Gary Mackay. Rolled back the years ...

Hammy, Wee Jose and Big Gilles looked alright too.

Hammy, Wee Jose and Big Gilles looked alright too.

Given the rotten quality of our squad, I would be happy to see a Hearts front 3 next season of Hamilton, Flogel and Fernandez after watching them in the last couple of days.

They would all improve our side.

Gigolo-Aunt
Given the rotten quality of our squad, I would be happy to see a Hearts front 3 next season of Hamilton, Flogel and Fernandez after watching them in the last couple of days.

They would all improve our side.

Have always rated Fernandez. Have no idea what his contract situation is at Killie but we could do a lot worse.

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo
Was actually shocked that most of the auld farts STILL looked so much more graceful and comfortable on the ball :sad:

Frightening.

The time Gary Mac, Baggio and Tam had on the ball was worrying.

These guys, obviously old school, were coached in another era, light years from our present squad. Also it does not help that they are frankly, superior players.

Its an obvious conclusion but I only felt empathy for the men in white today, even Chesney and Tall. But not Jose.

And I don't mean OUR Jose.

1997-98 was my favourite season as a Hearts fan and it was tremendous to see these guys again.

That team had everything - skill, commitment, team spirit and a very good manager. They were also a bunch of very decent guys too and you can't help but look on these times with a hell of a lot of good memories.

You could tell in particular that Fulton, Flogel and Adam have still got it, some of the bits of skill showed their class and we'll struggle to ever find someone who can pass a ball as well as Fulton. In general, the difference in football ability between this team and our current team was frightening.

Although we had some special players in 2006, you couldn't have picked a better bunch of players to break the trophy drought.

An allround good day out today.

Scott Wilson deserves a mention for his part too. His "taxi for Hamilton" line was very funny and "the buffet must be open" when Baggio went off. LOL

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo

Scott Wilson deserves a mention for his part too. His "taxi for Hamilton" line was very funny and "the buffet must be open" when Baggio went off. LOL

Robbo at the free-kick was good too.

He still had a chance to score today, a typical Robbo opportunity.

But still, him and Gary Mac back on the hallowed turf. Real emotion. Ah the memories...

Jambojohnnyboy

Flogel really impressed me today, he's still got it. Fulton can still pick a pass out and Adam was at ease finding space. Pressely was commanding at the back and Jose Q seems like he runs on energiser batteries, where does he get the energy. Made a change going to the game and having a smile on my face for the entire 90 minutes. A fantastic day out and an opportunity to show gratitude to players who have created lifetime lasting memories for myself and many others.

blondejamtart

Buffalo Bill

Well said, BB - and what wouldn't we give for a team of players today who would ALL give it everything - every single game!

Oh, and I thought Rapnik and McGowan both looked very promising.

Have always rated Fernandez. Have no idea what his contract situation is at Killie but we could do a lot worse.

Yep. He looked like he lost some weight and gained a bit of attitude. With you on this one.

Can it really have been a coincidence that shortly after Baggio getting subbed the 'Sold out of hot food' signs went up?

gowestjambo
Frightening.

The time Gary Mac, Baggio and Tam had on the ball was worrying.

These guys, obviously old school, were coached in another era, light years from our present squad. Also it does not help that they are frankly, superior players.

Its an obvious conclusion but I only felt empathy for the men in white today, even Chesney and Tall. But not Jose.

And I don't mean OUR Jose.

Ah you mean Hose A, instead of Hose B!!!

10 years younger, the cup team would have raped the current team.

I wish I had a time machine.

That is something i would love to see.

hoof.hearted

Thought it was amusing that when Gary Mac was on the ball, the 'man on' shouts from his team mates were shouted even when nobody was within 20 yards of him.

:lol::lol::lol:

rudi must stay

'6mins 45 secs added on it was deserved then and it still isn't' thought that was pretty funny too

Sign Flogel! Absolutely outstanding. Thought that Hammy played well. Could he be someone to play alongside Glen? Remember Jimmy Bone and Sandy Clark....

Flogel was quality. You can see he still has the class.

If it was possible I'd sign him now. He's a director of football I think....bring HIM in,

A cracking day out. A great way to celebrate my birthday.

Must confess I was fighting back a wee bit of emotion seeing some of my childhood heroes out there - to top it off I even got my old '98 shirt signed by most of the legends, which will be getting framed and cherished.

Smoked-Glass
Light and day from today.

I don't even know what I would give to have a line-up again of:

Rousset

Locke Weir Ritchie Naysmith

Cameron Fulton Salvatori Flogel

Adam McCann

I can't think of anybody in our current squad who would dislodge any of that lot.

1997/98 was my favourite season as a Hearts fan - it's great to see them back.

Steven banks maybe but apart from that I agree.

People are saying McCann played well, is this true? We still have him ya know!

The People's Chimp

Baggio - Was absolutely superb. Still magaing to go past players and pick out the perfect pass.

Jose Q - i think that was potentially his best game at Tynie.

McCann - Played well, maybe still something there for next season.

Screpis - cracking finish. Looking forward to seeing a bit more of him next year.

Well done to the rest of them.

And Tam? Looked like he could STILL do us a job.

I thoroughly enjoyed the day, i even got Flogel's top & shorts as a souveinir.

If Wee Jana reads this and gets in touch she can have the shorts......

.....Unwashed;)

Yesterday was a great day, and brought back super memories of 97/98. It was fantastic seeing the old faces back, especially Flogel who is still my all time favourite player.

I think some a being a wee bit harsh on the current team. I felt that the current squad could have embarrassed the old timers if they had kept the pace of the first 15 minutes. The old timers had plenty of time and space on the ball later on, yes, but I would reckon mostly down to the fact it was a testimonial. The only (crunching) tackles that were put in were being put in by the old timers !

... fit as a fiddle.

I'd bring Tam back at Right-Back straight away. Not his most effective position, but it would solve our Right-Back problem we've had for the last 9 years.

a good day ystday thought Paul Ritchie looked well fit and could probably do a job for us nxt season..Sign him!!!!!!!!!

Thought it odd at first that Tam went off...........but then came back on again later, he was obviously enjoying himself back playing at Tynie :)

I checked him out on Wiki and it says he finished up at least a season early due to a serious shoulder injury :sad: 37yr old now though anyway

Didn't seem to impact on his agility yesterday though

plastic_bas

I feel priveleged to support team which included Big Tam. He was my favourite player back then and was superb yesterday.

I did feel he was played in the wrong position most of his Hearts career but was still immense. I have a tear in my eye at the memories this man left yesterday and previously.

Director of Football bring him on.

Archived