u20s today

Michael25

Footballfirst

is game still on today at 2pm

As far as I can tell it is still on (which is a surprise to me, given that an early decision must have been made for ICT to travel down). The only postponement currently on the SPFL website is the Ross Co v Hamilton game, and the website is usually kept up to date with such matters.

http://spfl.co.uk/reserve-and-youth/

I bet Darren Cole getting a trial game has gone down well over on theycheated.net especially as we are going to be liquidated! According to them.

FT 2-1 to wee jambos.

Just had a look at that league table and Hearts were bottom (we do seem to have games in hand though) playing against ICT who were top. That is obviously some result.

Just had a look at that league table and Hearts were bottom (we do seem to have games in hand though) playing against ICT who were top. That is obviously some result.

Hearts have about 4 games in hand for some reason.

Good win today! With a young side as well.

We have so many games in hand because when the Scotland squads meet up we always have so many players on international duty that we have had to ask for a postponement.

loveofthegame

Table is pretty irrelevant this season. Got to remember our first team is basically our "actual" under 20's side.

Accordingly, the u20 side are 2nd string "actual" u20's players and u17's players. The knockon effect was always going to make things v difficult.

Hopefully all good experience for the youngsters.

Footballfirst

I only caught the second half (and only saw half of that with a couple of grand kids in tow) but Hearts looked good value for the win. They passed the ball around pretty well with Sam Nicholson and Billy King looking sharp on the break. Darren Cole looked very comfortable in possession at the back, maybe a bit too casual on a couple of occasions, but it was a good debut nonetheless.

Robbie Buchanan came on for Gary Oliver, who I assume was injured, and scored with his first touch. He then headed home from a Dale Carrick Cross four minutes later.

ICT pushed forward towards the end of the game, but Dale Carrick hit the post from close range before Jack Hamiliton brought off a superb save high to his right from a free kick in stoppage time to ensure Hearts held on to all three points.

Next up is Formartine United on Sunday in the last 16 of the Youth Cup. I believe that it is also being played at Nitten with a 1pm k.o., at least according to the Formartime website.

Footballfirst

Next up is Formartine United on Sunday in the last 16 of the Youth Cup. I believe that it is also being played at Nitten with a 1pm k.o., at least according to the Formartine website.

Venue and k.o. time now confirmed on official website.

Archived