Train disruptions again

Swanny17

For about the 3rd time in 2 months there's big delays with the Scotrail services into Edinburgh owing to signal problems. Scotrail are a bloody joke.

Eastbound trains cancelled all over the shop.

My Glasgow train was fine though :verysmug:

There are serious concerns within the Scotland route about poor train performance this year.

Billy Dynamite

The North Berwick service is very poor given the amount of money passengers pay to use it. There's regular last minute cancellations, linework and as soon as there's reasonable amount of rain and snow it's messed from Drem onwards.

For about the 3rd time in 2 months there's big delays with the Scotrail services into Edinburgh owing to signal problems. Scotrail are a bloody joke.

That's network rail to blame then, not scotrail. Scotrail give them 49% of your ticket money to keep things like that in order.

Carl Spackler

That's network rail to blame then, not scotrail. Scotrail give them 49% of your ticket money to keep things like that in order.

I don't use the train every day but the thing that bugs me on this line is how you are herded in to collect money when you get off the train and yet at the departure station there is only one machine to buy a ticket (and said machine doesn't take cash and is painfully slow). Is that Scotrail or Network Rail or both?

I don't use the train every day but the thing that bugs me on this line is how you are herded in to collect money when you get off the train and yet at the departure station there is only one machine to buy a ticket (and said machine doesn't take cash and is painfully slow). Is that Scotrail or Network Rail or both?

That's probably Scotrails fault, assuming they run the station. If the machines uncovered it probably doesn't work when it rains either. That problem won't ever be fixed though as they won't spend the money to man it and put a ticket office in. The machines probably set to take cards only so it won't get robbed, they essentially can't be bothered taking the cash out of it every night and at weekends.

It's harsh because it extends your journey time, with you either showing up early in order to buy a ticket or being held back to buy one at your destination. If you know when you're traveling the only way around it is to buy your ticket a day or two before from your destination station. Eg. Buy for Wednesday and Friday when you get there on Monday morning.

Depends on the stations you travel between. Network Rail own Waverley and Glasgow Central. The rest are owned by Scotrail.

Depends on the stations you travel between. Network Rail own Waverley and Glasgow Central. The rest are owned by Scotrail.

That's a grey area with network rail though, they 'oversee' a lot of stations like that but they're essentially run by the train operating companies. Network rail certainly won't have anything to do with revenue operations, meaning ticketing is the responsibility of the main TOC that operates the station.

Quite a few times now the East Coast train to Plymouth has been cancelled (from wherever it comes from into Edinburgh anyway) due to "staff shortages". So if one person doesn't turn up for work the train doesn't run, don't know how they get away with it.

Quite a few times now the East Coast train to Plymouth has been cancelled (from wherever it comes from into Edinburgh anyway) due to "staff shortages". So if one person doesn't turn up for work the train doesn't run, don't know how they get away with it.

They don't get away with it, they get fined heavily. Generally they'll have staff on standby, just sitting around being paid to be there but I guess if they're stretched staff wise its not always possible.

Matthew Le Tissier

East Coast dont go to Plymouth though

:lol::thumbsup:

hate that train actually. Every time I'm on the 16:06 from Paddington to Penzance (I thanfully stop at Exeter) we get stiffed at Taunton and sent into the loop so that bloody thing can pass us.

Matthew Le Tissier

hate that train actually. Every time I'm on the 16:06 from Paddington to Penzance (I thanfully stop at Exeter) we get stiffed at Taunton and sent into the loop so that bloody thing can pass us.

Lol last time I had major train trouble was the night Man Utd played Barca at Wembley. Something happened at Pboro with overhead wires. Ended up jumping on a train to Carlise then waiting thier for an hour before getting another to Euston. Got to Waterloo 5mins after my train lefo so had to wait an hour for my train to Brockenhurst.

Had fun with some of the Manure fans asking them all the score :lol:

Archived