The Hearts supporters Trust

Craigieboy

I notice they now have a FB page on the go.

Is this the same people that did **** all for years and then when they smelled the gravy train rolling into town, reformed and tried to get active with the foundation?

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I notice they now have a FB page on the go.

Is this the same people that did **** all for years and then when they smelled the gravy train rolling into town, reformed and tried to get active with the foundation?

Do they actually exist??

I heard it was all a bit like this.

It's strange how the 40 or so members have got their arse into gear lately.

Done nothing for years.

Make of that what you will.

I don't understand what, if anything, their role is these days. Isn't the Trust the body that should've been leading as supporter arm in any FOH style set-up? All I know is that they don't seem to be well thought of and have somewhat discredited themselves in recent years.

I don't understand what, if anything, their role is these days. Isn't the Trust the body that should've been leading as supporter arm in any FOH style set-up? All I know is that they don't seem to be well thought of and have somewhat discredited themselves in recent years.

I'll cut to the chase here.

They were almost out of the game completely then when the FOH started taking on fans reps as directors, they hastily called an AGM or whatever it was they termed it then somehow got folk on board with the FOH.

I don't like it. And I don't trust them.

I'd be amazed if there as many as 40 paid up "members" of a Trust(sic) that doesn't actually meet the legal requirements of a Trust, that doesn't actually comply with it's own rules and constitution, and that made a payment of over ?8,000 from its funds to a member of it's own Committee. :blink:

Sadly, it doesn't surprise me in the least to hear they're trying to reform in order to get a seat at the big table. :(

Gibson's Willie

On fairness to the trust they were instrumental in getting George Foulkes on board and subsequently he got Romanof on board the trust and it's board at that time put a hell of a lot of man hours to the cause in raising money and getting together everyones donations and share money together having to open bank accounts and dealing with a lot of legalities they weren't used to .just as everyone is rallying now the fans rallied then .I for one have felt that there have been too many fans groups some with little clout. Lets back foh the monies involved this time round are far bigger than the trust tried to raise we are all jambos together lets not try to score cheap points

I am reply to this post as the Chair of the Hearts Supporters Trust, Gail Hume.

I was elected back i April this year at their AGM. There have been a number of changes to the Trust board and for those who may wish to full details can be viewed here www.homst.com. Just to clarify the Trust was not re-instated recently, has continued to run as the Trust for a number of years.... I can also confirm we do have more than 40 members and yes we are the legal binding Trust and do have to meet the legal requirements of a Trust.

No its not self important types on the Trust Board, I work full time, as do 90% of the Trust members, therefore anything we do, we do in our own time, and do not get paid for it. We do it because we support our club, feel free to join and come along and help out..... I can also confirm we didn't hastily call an AGM the meeting was set as an annual date! My e-mail is [email protected] happy to reply to any questions re the Trust.

Gail

To give HOMST the benefit of the doubt ....could i be informed how to get monies that were paid for shares returned? Also, before i re-join how many fellow members would i have? Also,who else is on the committee ?

Thanks.

To give HOMST the benefit of the doubt ....could i be informed how to get monies that were paid for shares returned? Also, before i re-join how many fellow members would i have? Also,who else is on the committee ?

Thanks.

Also, can we see the minutes of previous years AGM's along with those who chaired/attended.

Since it never went inactive in recent years they'll be available.

The website looks very old (David McLetchie has now departed us, for example). I still have my membership card but I haven't heard anything from them for many years and I couldn't even say what they do.

The website looks very old (David McLetchie has now departed us, for example). I still have my membership card but I haven't heard anything from them for many years and I couldn't even say what they do.

Did you not get an invite yo their AGM's?

:lol:

Craigboy - absolute lies!! not it is not, and with regard to seeing the AGM minutes, are you a member of the Trust, if so yes of course you can, please e-mail [email protected] me and I will happily forward a copy for you.

Meadows re the shares issue, this was before I took up my position, but please be assured I will respond in full when I have spoken with the current Secretary to clarify the position, will be before end of the weekend, sorry on my lunch from my paid employment at present, so please give me the opportunity to reply by end of weekend at latest, on this feed of course to allow everyone to see the response.

Gorgiewave, please e-mail me direct, [email protected], and I can confirm if you are a current member, you should have received notification of the AGM in April did you? Also if you were a current member you would have been receiving regular e-mails from myself, re events and other matters, again have you received any?

Re the website, someone used to look after this for us, but that person is now able to do this and I am personally working my way through updating the site, so apologies this will take some time, we have a small membership on the Board and as mentioned previously we all have full time jobs and this keeps us very busy acting on behalf of our membership and this is the reason why we are always looking for our members to come onto the Board and help where they can. Full details of the Board and its membership are listed on the website www.homst.com

I am reply to this post as the Chair of the Hearts Supporters Trust, Gail Hume.

I was elected back i April this year at their AGM. There have been a number of changes to the Trust board and for those who may wish to full details can be viewed here www.homst.com. Just to clarify the Trust was not re-instated recently, has continued to run as the Trust for a number of years.... I can also confirm we do have more than 40 members and yes we are the legal binding Trust and do have to meet the legal requirements of a Trust.

No its not self important types on the Trust Board, I work full time, as do 90% of the Trust members, therefore anything we do, we do in our own time, and do not get paid for it. We do it because we support our club, feel free to join and come along and help out..... I can also confirm we didn't hastily call an AGM the meeting was set as an annual date! My e-mail is [email protected] happy to reply to any questions re the Trust.

Gail

Thanks Gail for clearing that up, my biggest grip with all of the supporters groups is that there is never any information coming from them.

Now part of the problem is that generally folk are just lazy and don't what the bother to get involved in these groups, but will happily moan away on here about how bad they are. But I do feel that the onus should be on groups like the trust & the fed to engage with supporters, hearts have a massive fan base and it's not good enough to pass the buck and say we only speak for our members. In all my years going to Tynie, I've never seen them, even when things were really bad they don't want to engage with the common fan. This is why people like myself see you all as wee boys clubs, were all your members are your mates.

The people who dare to speak on behalf of us, should make themselves know, it shouldn't take a 30mintue google hunt to find out who these people are and what they do.

Did you not get an invite yo their AGM's?

:lol:

I've had nothing from them since c. 2005. I've had the same email address all that time so anything should have got to me.

Thanks Gail for clearing that up, my biggest grip with all of the supporters groups is that there is never any information coming from them.

Now part of the problem is that generally folk are just lazy and don't what the bother to get involved in these groups, but will happily moan away on here about how bad they are. But I do feel that the onus should be on groups like the trust & the fed to engage with supporters, hearts have a massive fan base and it's not good enough to pass the buck and say we only speak for our members. In all my years going to Tynie, I've never seen them, even when things were really bad they don't want to engage with the common fan. This is why people like myself see you all as wee boys clubs, were all your members are your mates.

The people who dare to speak on behalf of us, should make themselves know, it shouldn't take a 30mintue google hunt to find out who these people are and what they do.

Another problem with fans' groups (I'm not referring specifically to Gail since I don't know her) is that they seem a wee bit full of their own importance. The Federation, for example: I know what they're for, but they must represent a minority of Hearts fans. I'm not a member of any club, though I was briefly a member of one and have travelled several times with another, so I wouldn't be represented by them. I think there will be many thousands of us in the same boat.

How have you been paying for your renewal subscriptions all these years? Again I would be happy to look into this if you advise me of your details, via e-mail, [email protected], and I can check the membership lists to confirm. Your renewal would have been the standard annual fee of ?10 per year?

Gail

How have you been paying for your renewal subscriptions all these years? Again I would be happy to look into this if you advise me of your details, via e-mail, [email protected], and I can check the membership lists to confirm. Your renewal would have been the standard annual fee of ?10 per year?

Gail

I've not renewed because the Trust seemed to be moribund. I saw no point in renewing membership of an organisation whose purpose I could never make out.

Could you summarise what the Trust does? Does it have a "position" regarding the Foundation of Hearts? I hope I'm not coming across as aggressive, which is not my intention, but I think the majority of the Hearts support is in the dark about the Trust. It would be good if the website were updated: it mentions our potential, referring to the Cup win in 1998, omitting any mention of the 2005-06 season, where our "potential" was more evident than at any time since probably 1986. Just a clear idea of what the Trust does, who the office bearers are, etc., would be welcome. The Foundation and 1874 Fighting Fund (and maybe others) have dedicated accounts on kickback which describe their work, ideas, etc.

Remember we all joined the trust so we could get in the club at Dundee before the united game for a bevy . We turned the corner into tanadice street and the que s were massive this was at 145 . Some of our mates decided not to go to the club and que up to make sure they got in . Those were the days . Shows what we are capable of with a good team to watch

I've not renewed because the Trust seemed to be moribund. I saw no point in renewing membership of an organisation whose purpose I could never make out.

Could you summarise what the Trust does? Does it have a "position" regarding the Foundation of Hearts? I hope I'm not coming across as aggressive, which is not my intention, but I think the majority of the Hearts support is in the dark about the Trust. It would be good if the website were updated: it mentions our potential, referring to the Cup win in 1998, omitting any mention of the 2005-06 season, where our "potential" was more evident than at any time since probably 1986. Just a clear idea of what the Trust does, who the office bearers are, etc., would be welcome. The Foundation and 1874 Fighting Fund (and maybe others) have dedicated accounts on kickback which describe their work, ideas, etc.

Without sounding aggressive also :lol:, I'd be interested to know what the trust has been up to in the last number of years & what they have done to benefit the club.

Genuinely.

I realize that there is a new chair (and she should rightly set aside from any criticism of the past) but it is a concern that they have kind of reinvigorated themselves at this time.

Sorry if that sounds cynical.

Gibson's Willie

The idea of a supporters trust was to get fan ownership or representation on the board this was not possible under Romanov this seems to have been lost on some on here we will now have this if foh succeeds hence trust being quiet

The idea of a supporters trust was to get fan ownership or representation on the board this was not possible under Romanov this seems to have been lost on some on here we will now have this if foh succeeds hence trust being quiet

Agreed, it's hard to see what role the Trust could play if FoH succeed.

The idea of a supporters trust was to get fan ownership or representation on the board this was not possible under Romanov this seems to have been lost on some on here we will now have this if foh succeeds hence trust being quiet superfluous.

FTFY

Francis Albert

I have never understood why the FoH website doesn't include a brief statement for each director of what their relevant experience (business or otherwise) is and, for those there because they are representatives, exactly who they represent. When raised before, the excuse was that it didn't matter because within three months of a deal (which at that time was within three months of starting taking our money) they would be up for election. I am not suggesting for one moment that any of them are untrustworthy or don't have Hearts interests at heart, but it is a bit odd that FoH are handling hundreds of thousands of pounds (most contributed by those not represented on the board) and we know virtually nothing about them. It doesn't seem to me too much to expect.

I have never understood why the FoH website doesn't include a brief statement for each director of what their relevant experience (business or otherwise) is and, for those there because they are representatives, exactly who they represent. When raised before, the excuse was that it didn't matter because within three months of a deal (which at that time was within three months of starting taking our money) they would be up for election. I am not suggesting for one moment that any of them are untrustworthy or don't have Hearts interests at heart, but it is a bit odd that FoH are handling hundreds of thousands of pounds (most contributed by those not represented on the board) and we know virtually nothing about them. It doesn't seem to me too much to expect.

Deary me.

Francis Albert

Deary me.

Thanks for that typical response to any attempt to comment on FoH (or "us" as they are also known as).

Thanks for that typical response to any attempt to comment on FoH (or "us" as they are also known as).

Come oan Francis, settle doon.

I'm still interested in what the trust has done or what they do or what they will do in the future ?

Here is your chance to get new members, maybe sell yourself ? I think there are thousands of Hearts supporters on here who may be interested based on your answers?

Fire away Gail. :-)

Footballfirst

Going by the HOMST website news items and other sources of information, it looks as if HOMST was effectively dormant for an extended period and only started to resurrect itself in October last year when the financial distress of the club first became apparent.

A simple Google search gives references to Martin Laidlaw and Derek Watson from 2004-06 commenting on issues relating to SoH, Graham Rix and the Riccarton 3, then nothing until 2009 when Derek Watson was quoted re an HMRC issue with the club, then next in 2011 when he commented on both the Craig Thomson issue and another HMRC issue.

The oldest news item on the website is dated 28th Oct 2012.

In November they seem to have been invited(?) to participate with other fans and club organisations in the fundraising activities to help buy share or make donations to the club.

STATEMENT FROM HOMST

Friday 16th November 2012

Heart of Midlothian Supporters Trust is in communication with Supporters Direct Scotland and Heart of Midlothian Football Club and encourages on going discussions surrounding fan ownership.

Supporters Direct Scotland is the parent organisation of HOMST and is fully supported and funded by the Scottish Government.

A Twitter account was set up and posted it's first tweet on 16th November 2012.

HOMST ?@HOMSTrust 16 Nov

HOMST brought kicking & screaming into modern age with twitter acc. Give us a follow or check us out at http://homst.com #saveourhearts

Looking for members to join the board in December 2012

VOLUNTEERS WANTED

Thursday 6th December 2012

Can you help the Heart of Midlothian Supporters? Trust?

The Supporters? Trust would like to hear from any current or lapsed members who would be interested in volunteering to assist the trust, or help with the running of the organisation by joining the trust board.

I went along to that AGM as a "lapsed" member of the trust but still with a "share certificate" for several hundred pounds worth of shares held in trust in my name. At that time I strongly suggested that the trust should do its level best to substantially increase their membership and relevance to the wider supporter base. It was even discussed that giving all ex members a free membership might helpboost numbers and therefore add credence to their existance. My understanding at that juncture was that an email would be forthcoming shortly to an address that the trust know and that I have had since the days of Telewest. To date nothing

Geoff Kilpatrick

The Trust are charlatans. Kickback may be for arseholes but it has a far bigger right to "fan representation" than this body.

Gail

The trust has held shares for me since it was formed and I have had no communication or invites to AGM's etc. for years. I contacted a couple of board members over the years but still nothing happened.

I left my money with them also. My membership has lapsed but as they held a number of shares bought with my money I would have expected an update every now and again. I've also still got the same email address. I'm assuming that administration has rendered them worthless. If that's the case then I don't see any reason for the trust to carry on. All the momentum is with the foundation and wee splinter groups are just a distraction. It's a bit Life of Brian.

The Trust are charlatans. Kickback may be for arseholes but it has a far bigger right to "fan representation" than this body.

Not getting correspondence is not the same as their being "charlatans". Why do you say that?

Geoff Kilpatrick

Not getting correspondence is not the same as their being "charlatans". Why do you say that?

Their behaviour during the Save our Hearts campaign.

Archived