Was McCoist Hearty Harry

rorcos

YES -

I remember being at a game and at half time Hearty Harry came on the pitch and was more hyper than usual! I kept looking at him thinkin' "Harry's on speed or been up to the directors box during the game for some refreshments." Upon leaving the pitch he took off the Harry head and waved to the rowd at the away end and they were ragin'. Anyway cut to the chase - who were we playing, was it -

a the wee team

b the bhoys

c the team formerly known as Rangers

d St Liedown

e Peebles

I honesty can't remember but think it was the wee team and we beat them!!!

PS I confronted the man himself about the above a few years ago at Chelteham Festival in front of my nephew and sons in the bar.

PPS My old mans horse was running Lie Forrit - Maroon and sky Blue colours to represent the Jambos and The parachute Regiment my father was in during WWII. Lie Forrit didn't do too bad 8th in the world hurdle beaten by Big Bucks but like the Jambos is on the way back.....BELIEVE!

Remember McCoist being Hearty Harry but can't remember who it was against either...although I don't think it was A, B or C.

I was against Hibs, finished 0-0 and a couple of weeks later McCoist scored twice as Rangers beat us 4-3 in the league cup final.

Guest Paul Allen

I was there. 100% sure it was v Hibs. It was a surreal WTF moment when McCoist's name was announced over the tannoy. Top bloke.

I was against Hibs, finished 0-0 and a couple of weeks later McCoist scored twice as Rangers beat us 4-3 in the league cup final.

That's the one.

:spoton:

Archived