Winter gear - FAO Fasionistas

Sten Guns

Well it's that time of year. The temperature is dropping. Brrrrrrrr.

The sweaters, jumpers, cardigans and long sleeve shirts will be out in force.

Hit me with you winter gems you suave *******s. What will kickbacks fashionistas be wearing?

Guest C00l K1d

Going through a bit of a crew neck phase atm.

10811153-1370532718-591747.jpg

Bought that the other week, looking to maybe get a few fred perrys too.

Been topping up on some Timberland gear today....boots, jackets and a beanie online. Spent nearly a grand but will be keeping one jacket and 1 pair of boots for sure. Send what I don't want FOC.

Internet shopping, cannae beat it.

Love these threads, anything posted just avoid and automatically you'll look a whole lot cooler.

:gok:

Love these threads, anything posted just avoid and automatically you'll look a whole lot cooler.

:gok:

Usually the case. Some utter horrendous tastes on this forum!

Pretty much these ... polar bear silapaaqs (windwants) and caribou skin kuliktauja (parka). What else.

QQ.9840-12_P.JPG

Dog fur mitts and all. :thumbsup:

Guest C00l K1d

Me too.

815D6d8RFOL._AA1500_.jpg

Would be smart if the penguin wasn't standing on a double yoked egg IMO

:laugh:

Did someone no take the right hump last fashion thread because someone slagged of his shoes

BoJack Horseman

Usually the case. Some utter horrendous tastes on this forum!

It's a football forum, not sure what folk expect. Plenty quilted barbour jackets getting bought I'd imagine.

Pretty much these ... polar bear silapaaqs (windwants) and caribou skin kuliktauja (parka). What else.

QQ.9840-12_P.JPG

Dog fur mitts and all. :thumbsup:

Oh dear, Arctic, that is just sooo 2012.

Magnum Boots, Jeans T- Shirt, a jumper and the Crombie or Donkey Jacket. Hat and gloves optional.

The People's Chimp

Looking for a pair of sturdy brogue boots for work, probably some Loakes or Grensons, a nice warm pea coat, have my eyes on a mint Burberry one, and also fancy a warm as feck carhartt jacket. Got one in mind as well.

kingantti1874

original-penguin-black-hooded-ratner-jacket-product-1-3207839-666486823_large_flex.jpeg

Just bought this, surprisingly warm and keeps the wind/rain out.

Nice - where did you get that if you don't mind me asking?

I see the Kickback clobber chat has deteriorated markedly in my absence. As ever it is all about sweaters, blazers and overcoats. Few, if any, of you scruffs will ever get that.

:toff:

How much was that

Nice - where did you get that if you don't mind me asking?

Was ?85. Got it out of Mainline Menswear cos I had a voucher but you'd probably get it cheaper elsewhere if you done a bit of digging. It's called the Ratner.

Craig Gordons Gloves

Looking for a pair of sturdy brogue boots for work, probably some Loakes or Grensons, a nice warm pea coat, have my eyes on a mint Burberry one, and also fancy a warm as feck carhartt jacket. Got one in mind as well.

Carhartt is cheap as chips over here as it's seen as work clothes. Let me know what you want and i'll add 10% commission for me :)

Carhartt is cheap as chips over here as it's seen as work clothes. Let me know what you want and i'll add 10% commission for me :)

I thought it was work wear here as well.

:builder:

Was ?85. Got it out of Mainline Menswear cos I had a voucher but you'd probably get it cheaper elsewhere if you done a bit of digging. It's called the Ratner.

Because it's crap?

:toff:

Seymour M Hersh

Just in case it's as cold as the Met Office is predicting (but knowing their record in the last 5/6 years it'll be mild as fek).

post-1316-0-97806300-1383246019_thumb.jpg

Id recommend getting the lining as well though it's a total rip off.

I was going to ... but it's ?175! Barbour do one for ?80-?90.

New stuff by Matchless looks the business but no stockists in Scotland. Belstaff brothers are in charge after selling Belstaff to Burberry.

With morph on the well-cut crew neck front.

Otherwise you ###### are all wearing last year's NYC trends based on my few weeks back in London and Edinburgh, so should save me a bob or two :insufferablysmugface:

Do quite fancy a new coat though, bollocksing my idea of always spending a bit more on outerwear 'as it will last'. It does, but it doesn't mean you don't fancy something new.

The People's Chimp

Do quite fancy a new coat though, bollocksing my idea of always spending a bit more on outerwear 'as it will last'. It does, but it doesn't mean you don't fancy something new.

True dat. Got a cupboard full of the f**kers.

The People's Chimp

They've got a European offshoot though, and most of the stuff over here is from that:

Founded in 1994, Work In Progress initiated a distribution network for Carhartt across Europe, introducing a selection of classic products from the original work wear range into a new market. Success was immediate; the authentic Carhartt products quickly became popular with both fans of traditional US heritage garments and with the nascent European urban culture scene.

The first product range designed exclusively by Work In Progress for Europe followed in 1997.

Since then, under license and never without the expressed consent of the company HQ in Dearborn, Michigan, Carhartt WIP has carefully adapted, re-interpreted and re-fitted work wear cuts for the demands of an active life in the urban environment, remaining true to Carhartt?s core values: quality, durability and comfort and becoming the globally respected contemporary brand that is today.

Notbrainwashed

Also liking the look of Matchless. Gonna be squirreling away some cash for one of their jackets I think. Wish they had them in shops up here, though

loveofthegame

Bought this last week in Glasgow, always wanted a Belstaff.

polo-ralph-lauren-camel-camel-geelong-polo-neck-knit-product-5-4451759-941179769_large_flex.jpeg

Belstaff... The Mrs has one of those... That must have been cheap...

• 3 weeks later...

Just in case it's as cold as the Met Office is predicting (but knowing their record in the last 5/6 years it'll be mild as fek).

post-1316-0-97806300-1383246019_thumb.jpg

The Met Office rubbished the claims off the coldest winter on record and 100 days of snow thing the other day. Said that technology available can only be used to accurately predict weather for a short term, around 5 days in advance.

More sensationalism from the media.

Going through a bit of a crew neck phase atm.

10811153-1370532718-591747.jpg

Bought that the other week, looking to maybe get a few fred perrys too.

Morph what's the name of that jumper? I need an undergarment for my winter coat.

Belstaff... The Mrs has one of those... That must have been cheap...

?550. I'm hoping it'll last a lifetime.

At the derby, guy in front of me at HT asked if I was Top Secret from JKB, I was like WTF? "It's the jacket mate"

Billy Dynamite

I need to clean/reproof my Belstaff Roadmaster going to try it myself.

Recently bought these from End Clothing

bwgh-brooklyn-francais-navy.jpg

bwghjumper11379672374_143.jpg

Gavsy Van Gaverson

bwgh-brooklyn-francais-navy.jpg

They are minging :lol:

Termal socks fellas?

Where from?

Wearing 3 pairs of normal socks at Tynecastle in the winter still doesn't cut it.

:lol:

Is that a lassie's jumper?

Seymour M Hersh

The Met Office rubbished the claims off the coldest winter on record and 100 days of snow thing the other day. Said that technology available can only be used to accurately predict weather for a short term, around 5 days in advance.

More sensationalism from the media.

Perhaps but the same Met office's long range prediction for 09, 10 & 11 was much milder than normal winters. Record cold spells and snow in 10/11. For 12 (last winter) they were predicting excessive snow. My problem with this is the councils round the country base their salt/grit purchase on these long range predictions and they are regularly incorrect.

Anyway that parka will keep you toast if it gets cold.

Archived