Last Saturday was First Time in 8 years Hearts start with 11 Scots

Hearts Heritage

I know it's maybe a technicality but as Dylan McGowan qualifies to play for Scotland then we have been playing all season with a team full of Scottish players :ninja:

Hearts Heritage
I know it's maybe a technicality but as Dylan McGowan qualifies to play for Scotland then we have been playing all season with a team full of Scottish players :ninja:

Until He switches countries I'll have him as Australian

He Who Cannot Be Named

Until He switches countries I'll have him as Australian

His parents are Scottish, he just happened to be born abroad.In my view that makes him Scottish.

During that game Deividas Cesnauskis scored so not sure how that qualifies. The game v Livingston looks the only game since 1997

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Hearts Heritage

During that game Deividas Cesnauskis scored so not sure how that qualifies. The game v Livingston looks the only game since 1997

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

It was STARTING a game with 11 Scots

He was a substitute for Robbie Neilson

Prince Buaben

His parents are Scottish, he just happened to be born abroad.In my view that makes him Scottish.

but he classes himself as Australian as he was born in Australia and wants to play for Australia.

Ah right, so Shaun Maloney is Malaysian then aye?

As far as I'm aware, Dylan McGowan spent the first sixteen years of his life in Australia. Shaun Maloney left Malaysia when he was five. Quite different cases really.

Ah right, so Shaun Maloney is Malaysian then aye?

NO, cos in footballing terms, he plays for Scotland. Just like Dylan plays for Australia (or has done at u20 level etc). James Morrison is Scottish when it comes to football. John Barnes is English. And so on. You get that though.

What surprises me is that surely last Sat wasn't the first game Dylan hasn't started this season, is it?! Must be if Davie Statking Londonface says so!!! I guess he was at RB and then moved to CB when Brad was dropped, s was never dropped himself.

wheatfield to sheffield

NO, cos in footballing terms, he plays for Scotland. Just like Dylan plays for Australia (or has done at u20 level etc). James Morrison is Scottish when it comes to football. John Barnes is English. And so on. You get that though.

And Callum Tapping identifies as being Scottish, despite being born dahn sarf in Lahndah tahwn. The thread is about Scottish players, not where they were born.

Hearts Heritage

What surprises me is that surely last Sat wasn't the first game Dylan hasn't started this season, is it?!

1 2 McGowan Dylan Sun 04 Aug 2013 St Johnstone 1 Hearts 0

2 2 McGowan Dylan Sun 11 Aug 2013 Hearts 1 Hibernian 0

3 2 McGowan Dylan Fri 16 Aug 2013 Partick Thistle 1 Hearts 1

4 2 McGowan Dylan Sat 24 Aug 2013 Hearts 2 Aberdeen 1

5 2 McGowan Dylan Tue 27 Aug 2013 Raith Rovers 1 Hearts 1

6 6 McGowan Dylan Sat 31 Aug 2013 Inverness Caledonian Thistle 2 Hearts 0

7 2 McGowan Dylan Sat 14 Sep 2013 Hearts 1 Celtic 3

8 2 McGowan Dylan Sat 21 Sep 2013 Ross County 2 Hearts 1

9 2 McGowan Dylan Wed 25 Sep 2013 Hearts 3 Queen Of The South 3

10 4 McGowan Dylan Sat 28 Sep 2013 Hearts 0 Dundee United 0

11 4 McGowan Dylan Sat 05 Oct 2013 Hearts 0 St Mirren 2

12 2 McGowan Dylan Sat 19 Oct 2013 Motherwell 2 Hearts 1

13 Does not Start Sat 26 Oct 2013 Kilmarnock 2 Hearts 0

He is as Aussie as they come. His parents live in Australia, he was born in Australia, brought up in Australia, has an Australian passport, speaks with an Australian accent, supports Australia and has played for Australia at U20s.

Seems Australian to me.

He Who Cannot Be Named

He is as Aussie as they come. His parents live in Australia, he was born in Australia, brought up in Australia, has an Australian passport, speaks with an Australian accent, supports Australia and has played for Australia at U20s.

Seems Australian to me.

I cant argue with that, just meant from a technical point he could be considered Scottish for such a purpose.

Victor Mancini

When was the last time we won a game with 11 scots starting?

if a dogs born in a stable it doesnt make it a horse.

A quite often used by that ambassador for race relations,the late Bernard Manning.

I cant argue with that, just meant from a technical point he could be considered Scottish for such a purpose.

Technically I suppose he is.

Hearts Heritage

30th October 2013.

If we go through on kicks from the penalty mark

It statistically counts as a draw

If we go through on kicks from the penalty mark

It statistically counts as a draw

Hibs is the one team we won't need penalties to beat in the league cup :smug:

Archived