Who is to blame for the current footballing situation at Hearts?

Martin_T

Who is to blame for the current footballing situation at Hearts?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Who is to blame for the current footballing situation at Hearts?

• Vladimir Romanov
    • Stephen Frail and the coaching staff
    • The Players

There are 3 obvious stakeholders in the club who could be attributed blame for the current decline in our footballing fortunes (SFA conspiracies aside:rolleyes:)...

The Owner - Vladimir Romanov

The Management - Frail and Co

The Players

Let's play the blame game....who do you blame the most for the decline in Hearts footballing fortunes?

Through thick and thin
There are 3 obvious stakeholders in the club who could be attributed blame for the current decline in our footballing fortunes (SFA conspiracies aside:rolleyes:)...

The Owner - Vladimir Romanov

The Management - Frail and Co

The Players

Let's play the blame game....who do you blame the most for the decline in Hearts footballing fortunes?

I would vote 80% VR and 10% each Sh aggy and the players. Buck stops at VR's door, wherever that maybe these days. :rolleyes:

Without a doubt...........Vladimir Romanov. He has it in his power to turn things around but refuses to do so.

As Malcolm McLaren once said - Nobody is innocent.

Romanov is the most culpable though, by a long chalk. What a fud the boy is.

Romanov is 100% to blame for where we find ourselves. Frail has been put in a position he was nowhere near ready for because he was very easy to control.

The saddest thing of all is that Romanov could have made us such a success at a time where neither the Old Firm were unbeatable. Instead he has made us a laughing stock and an embarassment and at a financial cost also.

The worst Hearts team since I started watching them live in 1982.

If only this could be a multiple choice poll...

Seriously, the main culprit's Romanov - the "management" ( :laugh: ) and players haven't helped either, but it has to be remembered who brought them to the club in the first place.

(Well, I'm actually not convinced that Romanov brought Frail to the club, think he might've been involved already, but you know what I mean)

The buck stops on Romanov's desk. People can make mistakes short-term and blame can be laid lower down for those mistakes, but in the end if there are long-term problems then it is the man or woman at the top who is responsible for solving those problems. Romanov appears not to have faced up to the problems facing our club.

More private polls. :(

Romanov is the main protagonist, he is the chief offender, but he is far from the only guilty party.

The blame has to be Romanovs but i dont think entirely. Some of it has to be given to the players on the pitch for not putting in enough effort and Frail for not motivating the players.

wright1989

I for one don?t blame the players and don?t think anyone should! Our current batch of players are more than capable of finishing 3rd if we had a manager with good motivation and tactical skills not this puppet that gets no respect from the players and could never lead nor guide the players. (Can you blame them?), this could easily be turned around.

Unfortunately it ain't gonna happen with mad Vlads ways and the management we have

Also could it not be down to bad coaching from the coaching team? I think so.

Jesus Christ, we are becoming a bit of a joke

portobellojambo1
As Malcolm McLaren once said - Nobody is innocent.

Would agree with the above.

In the overall picture of a miserable season they have all played their part in contributing to that.

However change has to come from Vladimir Romanov initially, if he does not change his ways then change at manager and player level is not possible, and without change at the top there is strong likelihood that it will be more of the same next season, ad infinitum.

Our current batch of players are more than capable of finishing 3rd...

That seems to be the standard clich?, but how many of our first team do you really think would improve the squad of either Motherwell or Dundee Utd?

Our strikers are particularly woeful.

I have said this hundreds of times before, but will say it again.

Vladamir Romanov is the problem, the players and Frail are a problem too, but they are a by-product of the main problem!

wright1989
That seems to be the standard clich?, but how many of our first team do you really think would improve the squad of either Motherwell or Dundee Utd?

Our strikers are particularly woeful.

I think Nade and Glen could would work well together should they be given a consistent place with the right coaching staff that could get the best from both of them. Wish Pinilla could get his act together!:rolleyes: However we do need a right back!

Dagger Is Back

All of them but as the season has gone I've become increasingly angry with the players. They're getting paid good money regardless of what is happening with the club and they SHOULD have some professional pride AND a desire to win not only for themselves but the fans.

The fact that they've turned in so many pish poor performances tells me they have little or no pride and little or no bond with US.

Changed days indeed and tomorrow you'll see players lining up who have a genuine love affair with all that is HMFC. Unfortunately none of them will be in the current squad.

That tells me all I need to know. Players who came through many a crisis with HMFC but still gave 100% for the jersey and for US.

None of the current crop are fit to lace the boots of Pressley, Rousset, Flogel etc.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

All of these posts are getting lost down the page pretty quickly, but never mind...

Romanov, no question.

Yes, Frail is useless and, under normal circumstances and normal ownership wouldn't be anywhere near the manager's job at Hearts.

But, as the man mainly responsible for our player recruitment over the past three years, Romanov has failed miserably.

We can argue until we're blue in the face about the stadium, the debt, the Kaunas link, the manager's position, but football is about eleven players on the pitch, a few more on the bench and in the stands and what happens from match to match.

This group of players is the worst we've had since the 70s and the First Division. That's ominous. Three years ago we had, IMO, the best team we've had since the 50s. That's telling. We have the richest owner in our history. Never before in the history of the club have we had such an enormous gap between money available to the owner and the quality of player on the pitch.

Ignoring all the bull**** about xenophobia that goes around here, when you get to the bare bones of it why the **** are the Kaunas loan players here? It's an absolute scandal that Zaliukas has been on loan here for two seasons - we have Berra, Karapidis, Tall and Goncalves can all play CB and we have Rapnik and McGowan (two of the most promising youngsters at the club) in the same position. Scandal, full stop. The argument that we should wait for "the kids" is dead in the water - Zal being picked ahead of Rapnik today proved that.

So, I'm ignoring (difficult as that is) the stadium, the debt, the AGMs, Rodney, the monkey jibes, the paranoia, the blasts against refs and the SFA etc. I'm ignoring all of that. I'm just concentrating on the players on the pitch. After all, that is the lifeblood of the club.

Think about it again:

Three years ago - best team for 50 years.

Now - worst group of players since the darkest period in the club's history.

Who do you blame for that?

More private polls. :(

Romanov is the main protagonist, he is the chief offender, but he is far from the only guilty party.

Apologies for that mate, forgot to check the wee box so that it would display who voted for what, unfortunately I can't edit it now.

gowestjambo
All of these posts are getting lost down the page pretty quickly, but never mind...

Romanov, no question.

Yes, Frail is useless and, under normal circumstances and normal ownership wouldn't be anywhere near the manager's job at Hearts.

But, as the man mainly responsible for our player recruitment over the past three years, Romanov has failed miserably.

We can argue until we're blue in the face about the stadium, the debt, the Kaunas link, the manager's position, but football is about eleven players on the pitch, a few more on the bench and in the stands and what happens from match to match.

This group of players is the worst we've had since the 70s and the First Division. That's ominous. Three years ago we had, IMO, the best team we've had since the 50s. That's telling. We have the richest owner in our history. Never before in the history of the club have we had such an enormous gap between money available to the owner and the quality of player on the pitch.

Ignoring all the bull**** about xenophobia that goes around here, when you get to the bare bones of it why the **** are the Kaunas loan players here? It's an absolute scandal that Zaliukas has been on loan here for two seasons - we have Berra, Karapidis, Tall and Goncalves can all play CB and we have Rapnik and McGowan (two of the most promising youngsters at the club) in the same position. Scandal, full stop. The argument that we should wait for "the kids" is dead in the water - Zal being picked ahead of Rapnik today proved that.

So, I'm ignoring (difficult as that is) the stadium, the debt, the AGMs, Rodney, the monkey jibes, the paranoia, the blasts against refs and the SFA etc. I'm ignoring all of that. I'm just concentrating on the players on the pitch. After all, that is the lifeblood of the club.

Think about it again:

Three years ago - best team for 50 years.

Now - worst group of players since the darkest period in the club's history.

Who do you blame for that?

Forget the crap, we had the best team we have seen in years, who dismantled it? we need look no further........

All of the above.

I agree. The owner interferes to much, the "manager" is not fit for purpose and the players are not good enough.

Even with the interference any manage worth their salt should be able to get a result, with the squad we have against the likes of Falkirk and Killie.

The players we have should be good enough to beat the likes of Killie and Falkirk if they show the right attitude irrespective of the manager or owner we have.

I think Vlad is to blame for over paying the players who will under perform knowing they are getting enough money. And also F®ail need to take some blame

Vlad sacked out good managers and hired the crap ones.

Vlad hired the overpaid players that are pushing us under with their wages.

Vlad sold off or released all of our good players.

There is a theme developing here.............

Of course it is Romanov but Frail has to take a portion of the blame along with many of our 'players'.

John Findlay

Purely the footballing situation. The players.

John

Where is the lack of support from the fans option:confused:

Do you honestly believe that we are eighth due to the fans? Good god man!:welldone:

I blame YOU, not enough greetin' this year.:cry_smile:

Romanov, he is the one who has introduced a system on the footballing side that is so fundemently flawed it is beyond belief.

Ultimately, he is the one who has put Frail in place (a manager who has never managed a senior team in his puff) and a bunch of players many of whom shoulld be playing fecking junior football.

I honestly can't believe people have voted for anyone else than Vlad. That said, as someone else, no one is blameless. However, Vlad is the root cause of our problems I don't think anyone would deny that.

Does the Pieman not deserve a share of the blame for presiding over a situation that has led to the current fiasco?

Bootboy100

For me it starts at the top they are the decision makers and there decisions on pre season, the manager etc came from them no one else.

Therefore Mr Romanov I find you guilty as charged!!!

rudi must stay

Romanov. He's the one that makes all the decisons. Frail is not really to blame he's (sort of) improved things, still the wrong man for manager though

I think it can only be Romanov.

Yes Frail is a poor manager but that's probably because he's really only a coach, He's doing what he can but he's not up to the job.

The players..., well they're a bunch of lazy feckers but to be honest i'm not sure I really blame them for being so, i mean they must see as much as the fans do that Hearts at the moment are screwed, illogical player rotations, bad tactics, lets face it if we could get away with getting paid for nothing nost of us would take it and with the added hassle that playing well doesn't always mean getting in the team the why give a toss?

It's Romanov woh's put them in this position and he is the only one who can change things but he doesn't and he won't, because if he was going to do so he would have done it seasons ago when it became obvious to everyone that what he was doing was ruining the club.

Archived