I Know it's been done to death but......

HMS Jambo

Looking at that squad today does anybody else feel that Frail's claims that he has 100% control over team selection sound like a bit of a porkie pie?

Every prematch conference he speaks of 'building a solid base' and 'giving youth a chance'.

Since the split(all season truth be told!) we have had no continuity in the first eleven so how the hell are we supposed to build a solid base?

Today was the perfect time to start with at least one up and coming centre half and guess What? Zal is straight back in there! I mean if wants to give youth a chance why not do it today?

I know Glen and Thompson have been given a chance but that was more out of necessity than anything else i.e no Strikers fit and Mad Vlads contract rebel policy.

As for Ivaskevicius getting in the squad! He's not fit to wear a hearts scarf never mind a strip!

How can a guy who has played at the top level make these confusing and rediculous selections.

I'm not saying he doesn't have imput but I just can't see thse teams being entirely his own invention!

Any thoughts?

Jambof3tornado
Looking at that squad today does anybody else feel that Frail's claims that he has 100% control over team selection sound like a bit of a porkie pie?

Every prematch conference he speaks of 'building a solid base' and 'giving youth a chance'.

Since the split(all season truth be told!) we have had no continuity in the first eleven so how the hell are we supposed to build a solid base?

Today was the perfect time to start with at least one up and coming centre half and guess What? Zal is straight back in there! I mean if wants to give youth a chance why not do it today?

I know Glen and Thompson have been given a chance but that was more out of necessity than anything else i.e no Strikers fit and Mad Vlads contract rebel policy.

As for Ivaskevicius getting in the squad! He's not fit to wear a hearts scarf never mind a strip!

How can a guy who has played at the top level make these confusing and rediculous selections.

I'm not saying he doesn't have imput but I just can't see thse teams being entirely his own invention!

Any thoughts?

Thought he won plenty of headers when he came on and should have been on instead of mole,playing up next to Glen to give him a chance of getting a sniff of goal.Not good enough for Hearts but theres plenty worse than him at the club costing a lot more money!!!

allystrachan

Ivaskevicius was one of the better players on the pitch in the time that he was on! at least he was trying to get himself involved.

i dont rate him but he was above the team average today

I don't get why people take their anger/frustration out of Ivaskevicius etc. He is not the problem at our club. There are players taking 4 and 5 times more money out of the club and doing nothing to prove they deserve it, Ivaskevicius is just a guy who wants to play football, he may not be as good as a lot of players in our country but it's not as is he's crippling the club by being on our books.

Any thoughts?

Exactly. But it's much more convenient to throw dog's abuse at Frail rather than the people who put him in that position.

Archived