Establishment Club

scott_jambo

Lord Baron Foulkes of Cumnock George Foulkes, First Minister Alex Salmond and a host of premier Edinburgh businessmen ensuring the establishment club of Edinburgh will always be in safe hands.

:pleasing:

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Lord Baron Foulkes of Cumnock George Foulkes, First Minister Alex Salmond and a host of premier Edinburgh businessmen ensuring the establishment club of Edinburgh will always be in safe hands.

Not a huge difference between us and Hibernian in my opinion... both have rich histories etc.

Rangers think they are the establishment club, but that's been shown up to be nonsense, a club full of bigots, run by crooks and spivs.

Heart of Midlothian are and always have been " the " establishment club, did they honestly beleive this great old club would would just die.

No danger...."tho we sometimes go doon, we aye come back up"

We will be back

Hearts = The Barthelona of Scotland :pleasing:

Nah more like Real Madrid surely - getting the government to write off all out debt .

Fair to give Ian Murray MP some kudos too ...

Geoff Kilpatrick

Just like the government bailed out our banking chums, they are ensuring our continuation too. Trebles all round!

Franco Fascione

We are a club that the Great, the Good and the Honourable Margaret Thatcher would be very proud of.....

Did anyone else think this was about the club Establishment? :unsure:

They saved the club in spirit. Quadruple voddies sold for like ?2, frequently spotting Hearts players there etc.

I had the pleasure of seeing a few bitters getting what for, especially after the Hartley semi.

Good guys.

:jjyay:

We are a club that the Great, the Good and the Honourable Margaret Thatcher would be very proud of.....

Please don't associate the name of our great club with that dreadful woman.

Rangers think they are the establishment club, but that's been shown up to be nonsense, a club full of bigots, run by crooks and spivs.

Heart of Midlothian are and always have been " the " establishment club, did they honestly beleive this great old club would would just die.

We will be back

Post of the year.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

That witch would never have heard of the Famous.

That witch would never have heard of the Famous.

Wallace Mercer would have told her, if McLetchie (RIP) didn't.

;)

ESTABLISHMENT

Stick CLUB alongside that and HEART OF MIDLOTHIAN FC above it you've got a great banner for Fester Road ! :2thumbsup:

A hibs prick I used to work with used to call us the Establishment Club as if it was derogatory in some way. I just used to respond by saying that we were the club for fine upstanding members of the community and that the vermin were the team for jakes.

True IMO.

A hibs prick I used to work with used to call us the Establishment Club as if it was derogatory in some way. I just used to respond by saying that we were the club for fine upstanding members of the community and that the vermin were the team for jakes.

True IMO.

Establishment and proud.

Life as a deluded, freedom fighting, warrior poet does bear thinking about.

Francis Albert

We will be back

The football authorities, aided and abetted by senior figures in Scottish legal circles, have surely confirmed Rangers position as "the establishment club" by bending over backwards to get Rangers off the hook. And the idea that the "establishment" and "bigots, crooks and spivs" are somehow mutually exclusive groups is bizarre. I'd say there was a massive overlap. "Establishment club" is not a tag I'd be proud of.

The football authorities, aided and abetted by senior figures in Scottish legal circles, have surely confirmed Rangers position as "the establishment club" by bending over backwards to get Rangers off the hook. And the idea that the "establishment" and "bigots, crooks and spivs" are somehow mutually exclusive groups is bizarre. I'd say there was a massive overlap. "Establishment club" is not a tag I'd be proud of.

We are the establishment club, francis. It's been proven. We have the political class and business community safeguarding us. ESTABLISHMENT.

Craig Herbertson

Why aren't we all speaking in our fluent Latin, chaps?

Pedicabo Hibs trans civitatem, et omnem pecuniam irregularitatibus.

:verysmug::pleasing::pleasingao:

Will leave this here.

http://translate.google.com/

Ap? to? h?l?ou met?st?thi, old boy. But for Hibernian perhaps Thucydides says it best: kt?ma es ae?

Franco Fascione

Please don't associate the name of our great club with that dreadful woman.

I'd rather associate her name with our great club than Mad Vlad the Fugitive.

I'd rather associate her name with our great club than Mad Vlad the Fugitive.

Green wich ?

Did anyone else think this was about the club Establishment? :unsure:

After emperor vlad being shamefully forced into hiding, establishment is Edinburghs biggest loss

A few people not understanding this is a parody of hibs fans calling us the establishment club/council are in our back pockets etc...

It's a shame a thread like this needs explained. :(

kingantti1874

A few people not understanding this is a parody of hibs fans calling us the establishment club/council are in our back pockets etc...

I was gonna say the same thing... I think a few people need to pay some attention to the history of HMFC..

Why aren't we all speaking in our fluent Latin, chaps?

Pedicabo Hibs trans civitatem, et omnem pecuniam irregularitatibus.

:verysmug::pleasing::pleasingao:

Will leave this here.

http://translate.google.com/

I salute you sir, a rather splendid post. Indeed, I had heard that this man was an early Heart of Midlothian fan, and possibly the first ever "trendie", ahem... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raffles,_Gentleman_Thug

Francis Albert

Or some of us maybe just consider Hibs fans' views beyond parody.

Just like the government bailed out our banking chums, they are ensuring our continuation too. Trebles all round!

Another good thing about Geoff is that he could pass for a public school boy: cricket, now Private Eye. Not that common.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Another good thing about Geoff is that he could pass for a public school boy: cricket, now Private Eye. Not that common.

Missing the point again. A Gorgiewave special.

Creepy Lurker

Or some of us maybe just consider Hibs fans' views beyond parody.

You seem like a fun guy.

Francis Albert

You seem like a fun guy.

I find (some) Hibs fans' views hilarious. I have found the parodies and trolling on here recently less so. Each to his own.

Creepy Lurker

I find (some) Hibs fans' views hilarious. I have found the parodies and trolling on here recently less so. Each to his own.

Sorry, but I read your posts to myself in Eeyore from Winnie the Pooh's voice and it's very difficult to take you seriously as a result.

Archived