To hibs.net - here is how we're feeling tonight ( Monty sacked )

Craigieboy

JudyJudyJudy
2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Oh aye , right enough Judy . I really should have typed out the whole title . Sorry mate , I will certainly make sure I do not post anything as cryptic as that again . Thanks for pointing it out , it is the only way standards can be improved :lol: 

Nae bother . It’s just your quite a pedantic type of person so I thought I’d give you a taste of your own medicine . 

BTW it’s a depressing as deck song 

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooks

• martoon

• Mikey1874

• maroonlegions

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Can I just make sure Sooks.

You don't like the song or singers, do you?

😁

They have one good song , just one ! Letter from America is a brilliant song both lyrically and musically . They are a pair of pretentious bellends who have robbed a living from the sort of idiots who cry when they listen to Florence and the Machine :lol: 

Just now, JudyJudyJudy said:

Nae bother . It’s just your quite a pedantic type of person so I thought I’d give you a taste of your own medicine . 

BTW it’s a depressing as deck song 

Nothing more depressing than the deck of a ship mate , agreed 

JudyJudyJudy
2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Nothing more depressing than the deck of a ship mate , agreed 

😎😎😂

ShedBoy
25 minutes ago, Sooks said:

One of my best mates is a Leith Jambo . Maybe if you could explain it to me and what I am missing that makes it so powerful for yourself and others ? Is it the lyrics ? They chord ? Genuinely not getting it and neither does my pal who was born and bred there 

He just did Sooks.

It makes him think of his late Dad.

His late Dad from Leith.

He needs no other reason 👍🏻

Edited by ShedBoy

29 minutes ago, Go for it 1308 said:

I think if you're actually from leith then it has a special meaning for you. I'm from Leith and every time I hear that song it brings a lump to my throat because I always think of my late dad...a born and bread  Leither. I never think of Hibs when I hear it...just my dad

I'm from Leith and I'm absolutely 100% behind @Sooks on this one. A horrific tune, with unimaginative lyrics, about a shitty place, adored by moronic hibby's thinking it's some kind of rival to Lennon & McCartney. It's utter shite.

9 minutes ago, JWL said:

I'm from Leith and I'm absolutely 100% behind @Sooks on this one. A horrific tune, with unimaginative lyrics, about a shitty place, adored by moronic hibby's thinking it's some kind of rival to Lennon & McCartney. It's utter shite.

It really is . I cant understand how so many people think it is good ………… it’s like Dancing in the Moonlight all over again 

gordon simpson
3 hours ago, Jocam2325 said:

I couldn't disagree more. Its a great song. Shame of its association with Hibs but a great song. 

it is a great song and it was written after a defeat by us on the wee team 

2 minutes ago, gordon simpson said:

it is a great song and it was written after a defeat by us on the wee team 

Was it ? Can you possibly explain it to me , because nobody else has ? What is the meaning behind it and ( new info to me ) what derby defeat was it written after 

PhoenixHearts
2 hours ago, Sooks said:

Well I think it is only a fair question after you insinuated that I only dislike it because it is associated with Hibs

I gave my reasons earlier -

It is lyrically abysmal

It is musically shit

It is morose

It is uninspiring

It is melancholy

It has no real message or meaning

It is just a really bad song posing as some deep and powerful anthem . It is complete gash 

I am just asking what about it is “ great “ in your opinion 

Morose/melancholy music isn't inherently a negative though. The majority of the best music in the world (imo) has an underlying emotional quality to it.

That being said, I agree with you. Dreadful shite by an awful band. A one hit wonder with a song about walking, reserved for wedding parties.

Wee Mikey
1 hour ago, Sooks said:

".... Reminds me of Travis or something , just looking around and writing anything you see as a lyric like flowers in a window . Stick a shite melancholy tune behind it and pass it off as something powerful ...."

Neither agreeing nor disagreeing re-Sunshine on Leith. But, this bit of what you wrote, whether or not it is a valid critique of the speccy duo, reminded me of a Family Guy segment where they give Randy Newman a bit of gentle ribbing for doing just that.

Enjoy!

Just now, PhoenixHearts said:

Morose/melancholy music isn't inherently a negative though. The majority of the best music in the world (imo) has an underlying emotional quality to it.

That being said, I agree with you. Dreadful shite by an awful band. A one hit wonder with a song about walking, reserved for wedding parties.

I like a fair few melancholy and morose songs , but I am damn grateful they were never written or performed by avid Hearts supporters and adopted as our anthem 

I was at a work Christmas party at the hotel at Festival Square a few years ago . The dippit bellend on the decks ( not those sort @JudyJudyJudy ) played that absolute dirge towards the end of the night . It was booed off and a new song played after a minute or so 

1 minute ago, Wee Mikey said:

Neither agreeing nor disagreeing re-Sunshine on Leith. But, this bit of what you wrote, whether or not it is a valid critique of the speccy duo, reminded me of a Family Guy segment where they give Randy Newman a bit of gentle ribbing for doing just that.

Enjoy!

Used to watch that back in the day . Forgot about that one . ****ing true though . I wish people would actually form their own opinions on things like music rather than just joining in with other idiots who batter them around the head with their disposable pop bin fodder :lol: 

39 minutes ago, ShedBoy said:

He just did Sooks.

It makes him think of his late Dad.

His late Dad from Leith.

He needs no other reason 👍🏻

Fair enough . I will not pick at that scab anymore . I meant more about the meaning of the song rather than it just having the name “ Leith “ in it though . Not wishing to antagonise anyone who has an emotional attachment to it due to losing a loved one though . Absolutely not and thanks for pointing me in the right direction with that . Sorry @Go for it 1308 I definitely did not mean to be insulting 

tian447
40 minutes ago, JWL said:

It reminds him of his late dad and the reasons he has outlined above, and this is what you choose to come out with? 

Holy ****ing hell. 

JudyJudyJudy
15 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I like a fair few melancholy and morose songs , but I am damn grateful they were never written or performed by avid Hearts supporters and adopted as our anthem 

I was at a work Christmas party at the hotel at Festival Square a few years ago . The dippit bellend on the decks ( not those sort @JudyJudyJudy ) played that absolute dirge towards the end of the night . It was booed off and a new song played after a minute or so 

😂😂

Jocam2325
2 hours ago, Sooks said:

Well I think it is only a fair question after you insinuated that I only dislike it because it is associated with Hibs

I gave my reasons earlier -

It is lyrically abysmal

It is musically shit

It is morose

It is uninspiring

It is melancholy

It has no real message or meaning

It is just a really bad song posing as some deep and powerful anthem . It is complete gash 

I am just asking what about it is “ great “ in your opinion 

Never insinuated anything. You dislike it. I don't. Plenty great songs are light on lyrics content.  Plenty great songs are morose and/or melancholy. Plenty songs despite your observation about lacking in message or meaning are still great songs.  

14 minutes ago, tian447 said:

It reminds him of his late dad and the reasons he has outlined above, and this is what you choose to come out with? 

Holy ****ing hell. 

Sake, I'm only giving my opinion of the song. I'm pretty sure anything I say won't tarnish the memory of the poster and his dad.

brownkg
1 hour ago, Go for it 1308 said:

I think if you're actually from leith then it has a special meaning for you. I'm from Leith and every time I hear that song it brings a lump to my throat because I always think of my late dad...a born and bread  Leither. I never think of Hibs when I hear it...just my dad

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

One of my best mates is a Leith Jambo . Maybe if you could explain it to me and what I am missing that makes it so powerful for yourself and others ? Is it the lyrics ? They chord ? Genuinely not getting it and neither does my pal who was born and bred there 

As a leither myself I came across this song from a fellow Leith Hearts fan who has become my friend. A song about his dad another  Leith Hearts fan and although I feel different about this since my own Leither father passed 10 years ago it knocks 9 bells out of sunshine, Enjoy

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, brownkg said:

As a leither myself I came across this song from a fellow Leith Hearts fan who has become my friend. A song about his dad another  Leith Hearts fan and although I feel different about this since my own Leither father passed 10 years ago it knocks 9 bells out of sunshine, Enjoy

Dean is a good guy. 

Cameronstheman

Noticed on FB today that Callum Beattie of Salamander  Street fame is a massive Rangers fan 

OF Edinburgh swallower if ever 

Edited by Cameronstheman

And, just for the record...

I feckin hate Hibs.

I think Sunshine on Leith is a good tune.

I think Leith is a bit iffy.

gordon simpson
48 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Was it ? Can you possibly explain it to me , because nobody else has ? What is the meaning behind it and ( new info to me ) what derby defeat was it written after 

was supposedly written in pub after a derby defeat ,was a tv documentary type program with the proclaimers and one of the twins came out with this  

Go for it 1308
1 hour ago, Sooks said:

I think it's the line "while the chief,  puts sunshine on leith" ...its a great lyric, and the most melodic part of the song . It makes me me think of my Dad

Go for it 1308
3 minutes ago, Go for it 1308 said:

I think it's the line "while the chief,  puts sunshine on leith" ...its a great lyric, and the most melodic part of the song . It makes me me think of my Dad

Ps Sooks...no offence taken mate. Its a personal thing for me . No big deal buddy. Each to their own😉👍

ShedBoy
53 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Fair enough . I will not pick at that scab anymore . I meant more about the meaning of the song rather than it just having the name “ Leith “ in it though . Not wishing to antagonise anyone who has an emotional attachment to it due to losing a loved one though . Absolutely not and thanks for pointing me in the right direction with that . Sorry @Go for it 1308 I definitely did not mean to be insulting 

Fair play Sooks.

Now remember the speccy twins are from Methill, which looks over the firth o’ forth, to erm Leith.

That has to be the reason for this dirge. Once they’ve wiped their parents fag reek off their bedroom windae to look at erm Leith.

Maybe if their bedroom windae was on the other side it’d be Sunshine on Raith?

We’ll never know.

Ulysses
1 hour ago, Sooks said:

It really is . I cant understand how so many people think it is good ………… it’s like Dancing in the Moonlight all over again 

Which Dancing In The Moonlight?  Asking for a friend.  :unsure:

19 minutes ago, ShedBoy said:

Fair play Sooks.

Now remember the speccy twins are from Methill, which looks over the firth o’ forth, to erm Leith.

That has to be the reason for this dirge. Once they’ve wiped their parents fag reek off their bedroom windae to look at erm Leith.

Maybe if their bedroom windae was on the other side it’d be Sunshine on Raith?

We’ll never know.

❤️ 

16 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

Which Dancing In The Moonlight?  Asking for a friend.  :unsure:

The original was fine . The late nineties shittest pop indie version by the curly haired middle class pricks whos names escape me was self harm inducing 

martoon
5 hours ago, Sooks said:

I think Letter from America is a brilliant song 

Nah.

Proclaimers, no mower, 

Hibees, no mower...

😁

martoon
5 hours ago, One five said:

I can’t stand them they are a couple of pr***s.

5 hours ago, Jamhammer said:

I can’t get past it either 

I Remember being at the piggery on one of their very very rare derby victories and them playing Sunshine on Leith as we left 

I just can’t like them

The first time I saw them on the telly I thought it was a comedy sketch.

Something along the lines of a Naked Video style parody of some teuchter Scottish band. 

I'm still not entirely convinced I was wrong. 😊

If carlsberg did rivals...
6 hours ago, Sooks said:

The original was fine . The late nineties shittest pop indie version by the curly haired middle class pricks whos names escape me was self harm inducing 

The band you speak of, I think one bloke from it married Gail Porter, so fair play to him for that!

Jamstomorrow
1 hour ago, If carlsberg did rivals... said:

The band you speak of, I think one bloke from it married Gail Porter, so fair play to him for that!

Toploader?    I may be wrong.  I am old.

Benny Klack
9 hours ago, Sooks said:

Some people really like it (myself included) other people don’t (ie you). Just like everything in life - if we all liked the same things, life would be boring. Don’t think anyone should or need to justify why they like the song - they just do.

There’s quite a lot of “they are Hibs fans so I must say that they are sh1te” rhetoric on this thread.

They’ve been going for about 35 years, have sold millions of records and still sell out concerts no bother - so they clearly are popular and good at what they do.

I’ve seen The Proclaimers a good few times live and really like them - doesn’t make me any less of a Hearts fan (which pretty evidently, is the main driver behind a lot of the rubbish written on this thread - despite the inevitable protestations that will follow). It’s small d1ck energy lads.

Edited by Benny Klack

AC Mallin_51
7 hours ago, Go for it 1308 said:

Priceless....🙂

Screenshot_20240308_235157_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240308_235124_Chrome.jpg

That quote from Montgomery hahahah

Wee Mikey
8 hours ago, Go for it 1308 said:

Priceless....🙂

Screenshot_20240308_235157_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240308_235124_Chrome.jpg

He's Here! knows the script.

Benny Klack
2 minutes ago, Jim_Duncan said:

Is that one of their side projects?

😂

Drumjambo
10 hours ago, Sooks said:

Oh **** Aye absolute Murder Toploader I used to be a member of that CD delivery nonsense and forgot to tick no on that one - An absolute abomination of an album without a decent song on it 

Just now, Drumjambo said:

Oh **** Aye absolute Murder Toploader I used to be a member of that CD delivery nonsense and forgot to tick no on that one - An absolute abomination of an album without a decent song on it 

It is playing on loop in the darkest torture cave of hell

Fxxx the SPFL

Been to a good few work nights out couple of Hobbits in our team and the song usually makes a guest appearance during the night and us jambos belt out ‘some shite on Leith’ tremendous christ knows why they want it played knowing that we’ll rip it 

Tommy Brown
15 hours ago, Sooks said:

They have one good song , just one ! Letter from America is a brilliant song both lyrically and musically . They are a pair of pretentious bellends who have robbed a living from the sort of idiots who cry when they listen to Florence and the Machine :lol: 

GTF

Letter from America is another plie of shite

Fort Vallance
1 hour ago, **** the SPFL said:

Been to a good few work nights out couple of Hobbits in our team and the song usually makes a guest appearance during the night and us jambos belt out ‘some shite on Leith’ tremendous christ knows why they want it played knowing that we’ll rip it 

"My tellys broken" .....

37 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

GTF

Letter from America is another plie of shite

No way , a very well written piece of music that , and about something with actual substance and meaning :D 

Tommy Brown
14 minutes ago, Sooks said:

No way , a very well written piece of music that , and about something with actual substance and meaning :D 

Bathgate no more.

Well I shop inthere every Sunday, it most definitely is still there:whistling:

Cameronstheman
3 hours ago, **** the SPFL said:

Maybe off track a bit, but a right few yrs ago i was in a Chinese with my mate at Tollcross near Xmas time it was afternnon time 

There  was large table full of boisterous drunk  male suits across from us and that was all that were seated in the area 

Anyway the guy at the head of the table stood up and belted the Hearts song as did all his friends and to there delight we joined in .The  songs continued and it was great fun, think the waiters were initially worried but let it go, loved it  as we all bounced  

Edited by Cameronstheman

• davemclaren changed the title to To hibs.net - here is how we're feeling tonight ( Monty sacked )