To hibs.net - here is how we're feeling tonight ( Monty sacked )

Craigieboy

14 minutes ago, D4nny_ said:

Joe Savage is a Sporting Director.

Hibs are appointing a Director of Football. It’s probably their way of bringing in a former, older Hibs Manager or someone with Hibs links to help wee Lee along his way as they can’t afford to punt him. Something like the Levein picking the team rumours DoF appointment.

Can’t wait to watch this unfold. It’s a NAP to be a disaster like most things they do :rofl: 

Genuine question, are they different things? They sound like the same thing, in effect.

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooks

• martoon

• Mikey1874

• Wee Mikey

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Smithee said:

Genuine question, are they different things? They sound like the same thing, in effect.

I've always thought the titles were interchangeable, in that whatever the title, they are essentially overseeing football operations while reporting to the CEO, who oversees all aspects of the day to day running of the club, which includes more than just the football operation.

The main thing for me is, whether they are titled DoF or SD, where do they sit in the organisation structure in relation to the manager.  In some cases, the manager will report to them and they will have a major say in appointing or sacking managers.  In other cases, they work alongside the manager and both report to the CEO.  I believe that's the model we are working to, and sounds like the approach Hibs are planning on from what I can gather from their CEO's statement.  

2 hours ago, RobNox said:

I've always thought the titles were interchangeable, in that whatever the title, they are essentially overseeing football operations while reporting to the CEO, who oversees all aspects of the day to day running of the club, which includes more than just the football operation.

The main thing for me is, whether they are titled DoF or SD, where do they sit in the organisation structure in relation to the manager.  In some cases, the manager will report to them and they will have a major say in appointing or sacking managers.  In other cases, they work alongside the manager and both report to the CEO.  I believe that's the model we are working to, and sounds like the approach Hibs are planning on from what I can gather from their CEO's statement.  

General difference i think is dof is the managers boss, whereas sd structure, both report to ceo/md.

2 minutes ago, Serge said:

John Collins for DoF nap!

His grasp of reality is exactly what's required for that position...

I would be happy with that . I suspect John Park was top of their list , and I suspect he has knocked them back . I also heavily suspect Ian Gordon will retain ultimate control of the recruitment department 

i wish jj was my dad
14 minutes ago, Serge said:

John Collins for DoF nap!

His grasp of reality is exactly what's required for that position...

He made a feck up of that role at Livi so I'd be very happy with that. I'm sure he was on a commission for player sales too. Imagine how that would go down with the lochend rats. 

5 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

He made a feck up of that role at Livi so I'd be very happy with that. I'm sure he was on a commission for player sales too. Imagine how that would go down with the lochend rats. 

They would be as well getting Jackie McNamara JR in if they went down that route 

i wish jj was my dad
1 minute ago, Sooks said:

They would be as well getting Jackie McNamara JR in if they went down that route 

That was even worse. He was the manager!! Please Hibs, please 🙏

18 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

That was even worse. He was the manager!! Please Hibs, please 🙏

Family ties and former academy player ………….. would be sweet 😄 

i wish jj was my dad
2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Family ties and former academy player ………….. would be sweet 😄 

I think he made a few bob dismantling the side that CL and Houstie built. Just the sort of 🐀 that would fit in around there. 

1 minute ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

I think he made a few bob dismantling the side that CL and Houstie built. Just the sort of 🐀 that would fit in around there. 

Led to four seasons in the championship . Come on Hibs you know it makes sense 

11 hours ago, the posh bit said:

During one of those two seasons they lost to Hearts 3 times, conceding 4 goals on all 3 occasions. 

Yep, madness they they look back with fondness on that period 😂

I notice Robbie said in his EEN interview that we have an apartment and a car lined up for Oda. A wee dig at Hibs I would say lol.

This probably should have been on the bojang thread

Edited by Rods

2 hours ago, Sooks said:

I would be happy with that . I suspect John Park was top of their list , and I suspect he has knocked them back . I also heavily suspect Ian Gordon will retain ultimate control of the recruitment department 

Football is a small circle and Hibs have made themselves a real poisoned chalice.  Even the guy Kensell doesn't seem overly well thought of.  Their recruitment process when bringing in Johnson was laughable and I was told quite a number of people who they reached out to thought they were a joke.

It's a real "reputation on the line" type job.  Of course, you'll always get guys who think they can work in any conditions and fix the issue and be the hero - that's how they got Johnson, full of his own piss and vinegar and pretty much just assumed he'd walk them in to the top 3/4 and get a cooshy wee job offer back down south.

I've got everything crossed they promote Steve Kean as that would be true popcorn time.

In fairness, we took a good wee while to bring in Joe Savage, but we DID get the right guy and he's been given reign to do the job.  Hibs will get the wrong guy and restrict him!

21 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Football is a small circle and Hibs have made themselves a real poisoned chalice.  Even the guy Kensell doesn't seem overly well thought of.  Their recruitment process when bringing in Johnson was laughable and I was told quite a number of people who they reached out to thought they were a joke.

It's a real "reputation on the line" type job.  Of course, you'll always get guys who think they can work in any conditions and fix the issue and be the hero - that's how they got Johnson, full of his own piss and vinegar and pretty much just assumed he'd walk them in to the top 3/4 and get a cooshy wee job offer back down south.

I've got everything crossed they promote Steve Kean as that would be true popcorn time.

In fairness, we took a good wee while to bring in Joe Savage, but we DID get the right guy and he's been given reign to do the job.  Hibs will get the wrong guy and restrict him!

The thing is as well , unless they have been speaking to some one who loves that club and has connections with it , they are highly likely to make a mess of the appointment . One of the things that has cost them most dearly , is the sacking and removal of Hibs people to make way for Ron and the Gravy Boatnauts . Unless they have a JJ Hibs equivalent trying to steer them on the right course , then they will end up scuttled on McNamara Rocks , or beached on Isla Collins . Steve Kean would be a sensational appointment , the Grima Wormtongue of professional football 

Edited by Sooks

gorgie rd eh11

If it was as simple as just appoint a D.O.F. and everything will be ok then everybody would just do that. It's not. Different ways of doing things can work, the way hibs have been operating could work, they were just s***e at it. They have the same people doing this u turn, good chance they'll still be s***e at it and it's all costing them money. 

highlandjambo3

Hey vermin…..did you see what just happened over our way 😁😁😁😁😁……how’s it going over your cesspit way 🤣🤣🤣🤣

2 hours ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Hey vermin…..did you see what just happened over our way 😁😁😁😁😁……how’s it going over your cesspit way 🤣🤣🤣🤣

"Who" was the only response I could see.

The rest are probably pining for Leigh Griffiths.

wentworth jambo
1 hour ago, martoon said:

"Who" was the only response I could see.

The rest are probably pining for Leigh Griffiths.

Closely followed by a post advising “Wur roomerd tae be in fur Jake Brimmer”…..they don’t do irony, do they

Edited by wentworth jambo

3 hours ago, highlandjambo3 said:

They have just launched all the shite players who’s surnames begin with A and B …………. Next week it is C and D 

18 hours ago, Sooks said:

GloriousDeliriousInexpectatumpleco-size_

20 hours ago, Sooks said:

If they are truly appointing a DoF, then Head of Recruitment should report to them and the DoF should have the authority to replace the Head of Recruitment if they deem it necessary.  Just like at Hearts, our current Head of Recruitment was appointed by, and reports to, Joe Savage.  

3 hours ago, RobNox said:

If they are truly appointing a DoF, then Head of Recruitment should report to them and the DoF should have the authority to replace the Head of Recruitment if they deem it necessary.  Just like at Hearts, our current Head of Recruitment was appointed by, and reports to, Joe Savage.  

Heres the thing though , Ian Gordon is a co owner of Bydand , the company that owns Hibs . I can not envisage a situation where a director of football sacks an owner 

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

Heres the thing though , Ian Gordon is a co owner of Bydand , the company that owns Hibs . I can not envisage a situation where a director of football sacks an owner 

It won’t matter who they appoint as DoF the Gordon’s hands will remain fully on the tiller. They’ll make the decisions.  If the stories I’ve heard from a pretty good source are correct, they’ve already had the knock back from at least two people they’ve approached for precisely that reason.

4 minutes ago, Deevers said:

It won’t matter who they appoint as DoF the Gordon’s hands will remain fully on the tiller. They’ll make the decisions.  If the stories I’ve heard from a pretty good source are correct, they’ve already had the knock back from at least two people they’ve approached for precisely that reason.

My guess is John Park and some one else have knocked them back ……… Collins may be

43 minutes ago, mscjambo said:

Love the seethe and snotters. Hibs fans morphing into paranoid Celtic brothers

Screenshot_20230113_231740_Twitter.jpg

Screenshot_20230113_231748_Twitter.jpg

You know this wee ***** actually currently plays in the SPFL? If the SFA wanted to they could ban the **** for some of his tweets. Then again he’s a nobody so they’ll probably never be made aware.

Ricardo Quaresma
5 hours ago, DS98 said:

You know this wee ***** actually currently plays in the SPFL? If the SFA wanted to they could ban the **** for some of his tweets. Then again he’s a nobody so they’ll probably never be made aware.

Isn't that a matter for the Compliance Officer?

Whatever happened to this role? Never hear of it now

RudiSkacelsLeftPeg

Anyone notice the Hibs thread about how it’s another week of them in third and us sitting behind them? Can’t seem to find it 🤣

21 hours ago, mscjambo said:

Makes me happy this guy was in the Cowdenbeath team when we put 10 by them. 

21 hours ago, mscjambo said:

Is that the Hibs supporter who was in the Cowdenbeath team that we spanked 10 - 0

16 hours ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Isn't that a matter for the Compliance Officer?

Whatever happened to this role? Never hear of it now

That job solely exists because of Sportscene.

Unless this nobody Dean Brett has ever appeared on it I think he will be fine.

Ricardo Quaresma
1 minute ago, Homme said:

That job solely exists because of Sportscene.

Unless this nobody Dean Brett has ever appeared on it I think he will be fine.

Never heard about it for a long time

1 hour ago, indianajones said:

Absolute slavering numpty. 

He expects his back line to be reinforced next week by the return of Hanlon??!!  Is this the same Hanlon that Humps gave a 5 yard start but still beat him to the ball?

2 hours ago, indianajones said:

Absolute slavering numpty. 

Calling every player by their nickname 😂 “Nizzy” haha amazing, he’s an absolute clown and he thinks he’s the digs nuts.

This boy also made me laugh, Their honking defender saving a goal and it’s deemed less than Rowles 😂

3DE9B8B8-7096-4CA4-BD29-858E96333CC0.jpeg

• davemclaren changed the title to To hibs.net - here is how we're feeling tonight ( Monty sacked )