To hibs.net - here is how we're feeling tonight ( Monty sacked )

Craigieboy

• Replies 11.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooks

• martoon

• Mikey1874

• maroonlegions

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bazzas right boot
9 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

"h1b5 last", more like!

Shocked? No way!!!

That lad is responsible for not one, but TWO, of this season's stand-out headers.

#1 ... nutmegging himself. A skill unsurpassed.

#2 ... a truly skillful downwards header for Shanks to steal the ball, score a late, late winner at their gaff, and scunner the hibb1e5 no end. Outstanding!

Rocky is a legend. But, is he on a par with Zibbi? Is he a Jambo 5th columnist?

"And tonight's special award for entertaining the Hearts fans goes to ....

ROCKY"

Bunch o' muppets. 🤭

If you remember,  Shankland thanked him for the assist when he was getting his poty award.

:rofl:

Wee Mikey
3 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

If you remember,  Shankland thanked him for the assist when he was getting his poty award.

Credit where credit is due. Hearts class.

martoon
10 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

😄

Did he mention the free pie? 🤔 

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, martoon said:

😄

Naw, I don't recall a free pie comment.

But he thanked the great assist!

been here before
2 hours ago, martoon said:

😄

He mentioned it at the spinsors event last week. Kebab pie apparently.

martoon
8 minutes ago, been here before said:

👍

Nice one.

Jim Panzee
13 minutes ago, been here before said:

was that at our Sairth Effrikan based event? 😁

buzzbomb1958
6 hours ago, Sooks said:

He got one thing right “ the Rocky one is appalling “

Treating a £10 million player with contempt absolutely shameful 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Mikey1874

Postponing the infrastructure spending to spend it on players.

What could go wrong.

trotter
3 hours ago, Rods said:

I think the biggest issue is calling it Hibs First. A lot of these morons would have turned up expecting something else. 

Wear the green

Floodlights

European football

Big screens

Etc.

Etc.

Etc.

RobNox
On 29/04/2024 at 10:53, Rods said:

This interview sounds like the same drivel he spouted when he invested in Hibs, Europe etc. 

https://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2023/bournemouth-owner-bill-foley-outlines-plans-for-lorient/ 

He has went onto asset strip them essentially leaving them languishing on the verge of relegation. Fair enough there is nothing to strip player wise at Easter Road but I reckon he will be firing his projects at Hibs and hoping to get a couple of success that are able to step up to the premier league ( probably the championship soon enough) 

League success for his teams is not his priority Hibs are now a franchise with their main goal as player trading. 

Interesting point Foley makes in that interview about Lorient, albeit it's from May 2023 before Hibs and Standard Liege became part of his "stable" of feeder clubs...

“It’s a place where we can put players and buy players. The multi-club model is the second part of the story. If I’m going to acquire players, why don’t I acquire them from myself? It’s a lot less expensive. The only downside is if you have two or three really good teams, only one can play in Europe.”

Although he indicates that he would want to see Lorient in Europe, and that he wouldn’t necessarily want them to sell their best players, but he does want to place Bournemouth as a priority destination

To my first highlighted point, he doesn't have 2 or 3 really good teams, he now has 4 bang average to crap teams, so for the time being, the dilemma of only one of them being able to play in Europe is not a pressing issue.  However, to my second highlighted point, it's very clear where his priorities would lie if he ever found himself in such a dilemma.

gregzy2k7

Delighted that they seem to be back on board the Full Monty,

Can't wait for the Hibs post October slump and Monty getting sacked before Xmas next season.

Please don't ever change Hibs.

wentworth jambo
5 hours ago, gregzy2k7 said:

Delighted that they seem to be back on board the Full Monty,

Can't wait for the Hibs post October slump and Monty getting sacked before Xmas next season.

Please don't ever change Hibs.

He is starting to get things right....in the papers today claiming he thinks they're close to a good team....only 5km as the crow flies

Sooks
10 minutes ago, wentworth jambo said:

He is starting to get things right....in the papers today claiming he thinks they're close to a good team....only 5km as the crow flies

:lol:

Rudy T
14 minutes ago, wentworth jambo said:

Wait until he has to make a team out of the bus load of Bournemouth youth players arriving in the summer!

kingantti1874
36 minutes ago, wentworth jambo said:

🤣 let’s be honest, 2 player they signed on loan improved them.  Marcondes and Maolida.

both will be away without doubt 

droid
37 minutes ago, wentworth jambo said:

Hibernian head coach Nick Montgomery has stressed that he was hired to bring "stability" to a club on its fifth team boss in as many years - Edinburgh Evening News

Yup good luck with that

TheBigO
10 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

🤣 let’s be honest, 2 player they signed on loan improved them.  Marcondes and Maolida.

both will be away without doubt 

Improved them.... kinda.  WHen the chips were down and they needed to win, just like every other loan player they've had, they disappeared, especially the manbun superstar.

The main issue with loan players won't be talent, it'll be application.  That, plus the strategy.  Will they get the profile of player they need?  The badly need steel in midfield and defenders who can first and foremost defend.  If there's none of that sort of stuff available, will they just get sent a couple of wingers instead?

I'm interested to see to what extent they recruit outwith the structure.  To be honest and devil's advocate, if they recruit well (a bit like we have in recent years, say), and add maybe one or two talents a bit like Marcondes to that, it can 100% work.  But that first, solid bit, is where they'll fail.  They were failing to do it pre-BKG, so throwing that "talent share" into the mix, I just don't see how they recruit with any real intelligence.

I'm pretty sure it'll be a shitshow.  But they'll get a guy or two who score a worldy or meg someone, or do a keepy uppy and they'll be the new Ronaldinho, and they'll be happy.  And come 7th.

buzzbomb1958
16 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Postponing the infrastructure spending to spend it on players.

What could go wrong.

Don’t think they will be allowed to do that because that would defeat the purpose of the deal , they got the money to provide better training facilities for any player that Foley deems fit enough to loan them , he’s not going to give them money to buy players who would keep their loanees out of the team

Mikey1874

When the new signings started playing in mid January starting with the 3-0 defeat at home to Rangers (Maolida started, Marcondes on as sub) Hibs were 6th in league, though Aberdeen and Dundee had 2 games in hand. 

4 wins, 5 draws, 4 defeats. 

Gav M
6 hours ago, RobNox said:

Interesting point Foley makes in that interview about Lorient, albeit it's from May 2023 before Hibs and Standard Liege became part of his "stable" of feeder clubs...

“It’s a place where we can put players and buy players. The multi-club model is the second part of the story. If I’m going to acquire players, why don’t I acquire them from myself? It’s a lot less expensive. The only downside is if you have two or three really good teams, only one can play in Europe.”

Although he indicates that he would want to see Lorient in Europe, and that he wouldn’t necessarily want them to sell their best players, but he does want to place Bournemouth as a priority destination

To my first highlighted point, he doesn't have 2 or 3 really good teams, he now has 4 bang average to crap teams, so for the time being, the dilemma of only one of them being able to play in Europe is not a pressing issue.  However, to my second highlighted point, it's very clear where his priorities would lie if he ever found himself in such a dilemma.

theoretically, hibs could play in Europe as well as one of BKG's "other" teams as BKG don't have a controlling interest in them.

however, this is moot due to none of the teams being good enough to actually make it there.

Mikey1874
11 minutes ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

Don’t think they will be allowed to do that because that would defeat the purpose of the deal , they got the money to provide better training facilities for any player that Foley deems fit enough to loan them , he’s not going to give them money to buy players who would keep their loanees out of the team

karipidis
25 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

When the new signings started playing in mid January starting with the 3-0 defeat at home to Rangers (Maolida started, Marcondes on as sub) Hibs were 6th in league, though Aberdeen and Dundee had 2 games in hand. 

3 of the 4 wins against the bottom 3, serious up turn in form :) 

Credit where it’s due to Kensell he tells them and others what they want to hear. 

Its normally not challenged on the cons or the actual details so he continues to get away with his rubbish.

He reminds me of the monorail guy on the Simpson’s.

IMG_0724.jpeg

Sooks
8 minutes ago, Rods said:

Credit where it’s due to Kensell he tells them and others what they want to hear. 

Its normally not challenged on the cons or the actual details so he continues to get away with his rubbish.

He reminds me of the monorail guy on the Simpson’s.

IMG_0724.jpeg

The name's Kensell ! Ben Kensell . And I come before you good people of Lochend tonight with an idea. Probably the greatest... Aw, it's not for you. It's more of an Aberdeen idea.

TheBigO
1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

17 from 13 games is probably about right for them.  50 point season about their average?  Mid table dross.

wentworth jambo
48 minutes ago, Sooks said:

The name's Kensell ! Ben Kensell . And I come before you good people of Lochend tonight with an idea. Probably the greatest... Aw, it's not for you. It's more of an Aberdeen idea.

👏

Zerothehero
22 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

Screenshot_20240430_123209_Gallery.jpg

This quote (the original and unedited one) is absolutely stinking btw. It's so awkward and totally meaningless. I don't know why but it just annoyed me as I scrolled by. It's so bloody Hibs.

Sooks
2 minutes ago, Zerothehero said:

This quote (the original and unedited one) is absolutely stinking btw. It's so awkward and totally meaningless. I don't know why but it just annoyed me as I scrolled by. It's so bloody Hibs.

I know what you mean . Chucking blades and coins at people and slinging racist abuse about at the game and then off home to Hibs forums to drool over meaningless nothing statements like this one . Weirdos

Fitzroy Pointon
1 hour ago, Sooks said:

:laugh:

Zerothehero
3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I know what you mean . Chucking blades and coins at people and slinging racist abuse about at the game and then off home to Hibs forums to drool over meaningless nothing statements like this one . Weirdos

It feels like someone told them they had to have a quote written on the stadium somewhere so they trawled back through all their old crap and that was the best they could come up with. 

Zerothehero

It feels like someone told them they had to have a quote written on the stadium somewhere so they trawled back through all their old crap and that was the best they could come up with. 

Zerothehero

wentworth jambo
1 hour ago, Sooks said:

Spare 20 mins, so to add on to your excellent reference of Bill Foley / Lyle Lanely :

Bill Foley [begins to chant rhythmically]  Well sir, there's nothing on Earth like a genuine, bona-fide, bottom six, flair team, in a multi club set up ! What'd I say?

[points at Ben Kensell

Ben Kensell Flair team!

Bill Foley What's it called?

Ian Gordon Multi club set up !

Bill Foley That's right, feeder club multi club set up!

[runs up to the stage, the crowd begins chanting] 

Crowd (18.9k)Mullions ! Mullions ! Mullions !

[continues underneath those who speak] 

matty_fI hear that we’d be the top of the tree.

Bill Foley [playing the piano on stage]  You’d be below the other 3.

greenginger Is there a chance that we could die ?

Bill Foley Not before I’ve sold your sty.

dashing_bob_sWhat about new world class players ?

Bill Foley A Bournemouth youth should answer your prayers.

Sergey Were you sent here to make us great ?

Bill Foley As a Hibs fan, that’s not your fate. I swear, it's Hibs's only choice! Throw up your hands and raise your voice!

Crowd : [singing]  Mullions...

Bill Foley [speaking]  What'll it give you ?

Crowd : [singing]  3rd place challenging the top 2...

Bill Foley Once again!

Crowd : [still singing]  Multi club

Lovecraft
Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

"h1b5 last", more like!

Shocked? No way!!!

That lad is responsible for not one, but TWO, of this season's stand-out headers.

#1 ... nutmegging himself. A skill unsurpassed.

#2 ... a truly skillful downwards header for Shanks to steal the ball, score a late, late winner at their gaff, and scunner the hibb1e5 no end. Outstanding!

Rocky is a legend. But, is he on a par with Zibbi? Is he a Jambo 5th columnist?

"And tonight's special award for entertaining the Hearts fans goes to ....

ROCKY"

Bunch o' muppets. 🤭

Nutmegging yourself with a header.    What's now known across the football world as "The Bushiri"

ezgif-7-0d577e4b59.gif

Edited by Lovecraft

Lovecraft
Posted (edited)

Double

ezgif-7-0d577e4b59.gif

Edited by Lovecraft
Replied rather than edit

TheBigO
1 minute ago, Lovecraft said:

Double

ezgif-7-0d577e4b59.gif

The best bit is Barrie's reaction.  "Ooh, I'll have that!"

Lovecraft
Just now, TheBigO said:

The best bit is Barrie's reaction.  "Ooh, I'll have that!"

Yoink!

Fitzroy Pointon
16 minutes ago, wentworth jambo said:

Spare 20 mins, so to add on to your excellent reference of Bill Foley / Lyle Lanely :

Bill Foley [begins to chant rhythmically]  Well sir, there's nothing on Earth like a genuine, bona-fide, bottom six, flair team, in a multi club set up ! What'd I say?

[points at Ben Kensell

Ben Kensell Flair team!

Bill Foley As a Hibs fan, that’s not your fate. I swear, it's Hibs's only choice! Throw up your hands and raise your voice!

Bill Foley Once again!

:rofl:Well done Sir!

22 minutes ago, wentworth jambo said:

[points at Ben Kensell

Ben Kensell Flair team!

Bill Foley Once again!

Ha ha ha between this and @Sooks effort they have given me a right laugh. 

The Leith Franchise deserved to be mocked 

Sooks
26 minutes ago, wentworth jambo said:

[points at Ben Kensell

Ben Kensell Flair team!

Bill Foley Once again!

:lol: You could absolutely sell Hibs fans a monorail likes 

TheBigO
24 minutes ago, Sooks said:

:lol: You could absolutely sell Hibs fans a monorail likes 

The tramline DOES go doon Leith....

Shooter McGavin
49 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

Nutmegging yourself with a header.    What's now known across the football world as "The Bushiri"

ezgif-7-0d577e4b59.gif

This is Hibs remember, therefore it's one of the most inventive, genius and revolutionary advances in footballing technique the world has ever seen.

Sooks
51 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

ezgif-7-0d577e4b59.gif

I like the way their number four stops for a brief second and just stares at him in disbelief

RobNox
1 hour ago, Zerothehero said:

To be fair, it's actually true, just not in the way it was intended.  I think we'd all agree there is Hibs class, and would all be thankful that it's not anywhere near Hearts class.

Le Chat
1 hour ago, wentworth jambo said:

[points at Ben Kensell

Ben Kensell Flair team!

Bill Foley Once again!

Gizmo
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, wentworth jambo said:

[points at Ben Kensell

Ben Kensell Flair team!

Bill Foley Once again!

Class. 

Ben_Langly.jpg

Edited by Gizmo

Ex member of the SaS
13 hours ago, RobNox said:

The comment about buying from himself is fun and Hibs fans seem to forget they laughed when Romanov owed the debt to himself.

• davemclaren changed the title to To hibs.net - here is how we're feeling tonight ( Monty sacked )