Team for today!!!

brellierlegend

brellierlegend

Banks; Thomson, Karipidis, Zaliukas, Wallace; Jonsson, Stewart, Screpis, Cesnauskis; Kingston, Glen. Subs not used: Ridgers, Ivaskevicius, Palazuelos, Goncalves, McGowan, Rapnik, Mole.

Do The Dance
Banks; Thomson, Karipidis, Zaliukas, Wallace; Jonsson, Stewart, Screpis, Cesnauskis; Kingston, Glen. Subs not used: Ridgers, Ivaskevicius, Palazuelos, Goncalves, McGowan, Rapnik, Mole.

Our squad is pathetic.

It'll be a 4-5-1, Kingston surely won't be playing up-front.

Do The Dance
It'll be a 4-5-1, Kingston surely won't be playing up-front.

Hopefully he's not on the right.

Commander Harris

bit disapointed that zal is starting at the back when we could use the opportunity to give rapnik or Mcgowan a run out - hopefully they might get a chance off the bench.

fair enough giving screpis a try - might as well at this stage in the game.

Gigolo-Aunt
I s Elliot suspended or dropped?

He is not suspended or injured, mate.

Can only assume that Frail is taking him out the firing line.

rudi must stay

the seasons over so not too concerned by that team. Apart from the under 19 guys it will be good to see Screpis play

Commander Harris

looks like kingston will be playing further forward - perhaps in the Zal role :P

Gigolo-Aunt
looks like kingston will be playing further forward - perhaps in the Zal role :P

Its a role that should suit him more as his workrate and tracking back these days leaves a lot to be desired.

rudi must stay

maybe he's being dropped for his performance on Monday

Patrick Bateman

Disgusting stuff from Mr Fail.

Geoff Kilpatrick

F®ail must go!

We'll probably win quite comfortably but he should still go!

Disgusting!!

:evilno:

Only about 9 months too late then ! We can only hope we have seen the last of him.

Frail on Ruben two weeks ago: "Ruben had to wait for his chance but has been terrific since he came into the team and now it's really difficult to leave him out."

Not that difficult to leave out obviously!

Frail on Ruben two weeks ago: "Ruben had to wait for his chance but has been terrific since he came into the team and now it's really difficult to leave him out."

Not that difficult to leave out obviously!

Delighted that he is out. Ineffective player.

Delighted that he is out. Ineffective player.

He's certainly no world beater but I think he is capable of retaining possesion effectively and his game would pick up if there was more movement around him to allow him to pick out passes.

There really is no pleasing anyone on here!

Did anyone even consider that they may actually play well together...no!

Shame on all the negative "fans" out there:mad:

JamboGraham

Working from 1600 today so missing todays game...

However, on reading this line up I really wonder what I am missing...

If, and only if, the very slight consolation of five wins after the split or getting the 3rd highest points total in the SPL :cool:was on the cards then would this style be acceptable...(and then even that is up for discussion!)

4-5-1, final home game of the season in a nothing game against a team that in any normal year would have likely be just about to drop down to Division 1, we will probably win this match but come on...!!

scott herbertson
Working from 1600 today so missing todays game...

However, on reading this line up I really wonder what I am missing...

If, and only if, the very slight consolation of five wins after the split or getting the 3rd highest points total in the SPL :cool:was on the cards then would this style be acceptable...(and then even that is up for discussion!)

4-5-1, final home game of the season in a nothing game against a team that in any normal year would have likely be just about to drop down to Division 1, we will probably win this match but come on...!!

Can't see us winning it myself. Other than Glen or Kingston who's going to score)

How many goals this season has this team scored between them?

Let's hope Screpis is decent and Stewart is up for it.

is it just me who's looking at that team and thinking chesney will be playing as a striker today?????

Banks;

Thomson, Karipidis, Zaliukas, Wallace;

Kingston, Jonsson, Stewart, Screpis,

Cesnauskis; Glen.

Subs not used: Ridgers, Ivaskevicius, Palazuelos, Goncalves, McGowan, Rapnik, Mole.

If Glen is on his own up front, must be questions about his fitness.

I happened to be at Riccarton yesterday and he wasn't training with the rest of the first team when I saw them.

JamboGraham
Can't see us winning it myself. Other than Glen or Kingston who's going to score)

How many goals this season has this team scored between them?

Let's hope Screpis is decent and Stewart is up for it.

Fair point but I think it will end up 1-0 Hearts...as you say only Larry or Glen look as though they could bag a goal. However, a set piece might also work (only if Stewart does not take everything!!!)

I just don't think Killie are good enough to score against us and I don't think we are that bad that we won't create a few chances...

However, the odds are for another snooze fest and a match that reveals little about the prospects for next year...

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

4-5-1 at home to Killie in the bottom 6.

Absolutely priceless.

Frail is a coward.

Today was the prime chance to give McGowan, Mole, Rapnik and maybe even Ridgers a chance. Managers moan about the pressure and not being able to blood the youngsters, today proved that Frail is more concerned about his job than Hearts' future.

On more than one ocassion this season, Frail has pulled out of playing youngsters, instead going for tried and tested rubbish players.

Further indication that he will be our new manager.

is it just me who's looking at that team and thinking chesney will be playing as a striker today?????

Banks;

Cesnauskis; Glen.

Subs not used: Ridgers, Ivaskevicius, Palazuelos, Goncalves, McGowan, Rapnik, Mole.

rossi_1983
Frail is a coward.

Today was the prime chance to give McGowan, Mole, Rapnik and maybe even Ridgers a chance. Managers moan about the pressure and not being able to blood the youngsters, today proved that Frail is more concerned about his job than Hearts' future.

On more than one ocassion this season, Frail has pulled out of playing youngsters, instead going for tried and tested rubbish players.

Further indication that he will be our new manager.

I think it suggests he knows he isn't getting the job

If he was, he would already have been told, so would look on these games as an opportunity to experiment before his time in proper charge

His selection, as you said, shows he is more interested in himself than Hearts future, so that looks to me like he is trying to ensure his personal record is as good as possible, to help him find another job

rossi_1983

Banks;

Cesnauskis; Glen.

Nah, someone else mentioned it about 4 posts up :rolleyes:

If he was, he would already have been told, so would look on these games as an opportunity to experiment before his time in proper charge

His selection, as you said, shows he is more interested in himself than Hearts future, so that looks to me like he is trying to ensure his personal record is as good as possible, to help him find another job

Why not play McGowan at centre back they have been raving about him all week hope rapnik gets on

That is entirely possible.

The only thing I would say about that is that if he does believe he is on his way, why would he hamstring his chances of getting a result by playing rubbish players?

rossi_1983
That is entirely possible.

The only thing I would say about that is that if he does believe he is on his way, why would he hamstring his chances of getting a result by playing rubbish players?

Because Frail is clueless. He is playing it safe by playing more experienced SPL players

Hopefully he's not on the right.

Looking at the lineup, I'm hopeful of Screpis on the left, Cesnauskis on the right, and Larry as attacking central midfielder with Jonsson and Stewart playing deeper.

funktasticlad

WTF?I'm only hoping this starting 11 is based on how well these players have been performing in training. I'd much rather see Banks Thomsom Karipidis McGowen/Rapnik Goncalves Kingston Palazuelos Scerpis Wallace Mole Glen 4 4 2

Ray Winstone

Frail is spineless.

I would rather we put out a team of youngsters and played 442 and lost rather than this *****e we have to put up with.

4-5-1 at home in the bottom 6 - Frail you truley are a joke!

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Can anybody even begin to explain why we are playing Zaliukas ahead of Rapnik? I cannot think of one reason how that benefits Hearts, either today or in the long-term.

Captain Canada

I've defended Frail on here a lot in the past but that line up is shocking. The 2 young central defenders should have started and Mole should have joined Glen up front. I also don't see the point of playing Banks, give the other young keeper a game when the pressure is off. As for Ivaskevicius - do me a favour. Nil Nil at half time - says it all really.

Ray Winstone
Can anybody even begin to explain why we are playing Zaliukas ahead of Rapnik? I cannot think of one reason how that benefits Hearts, either today or in the long-term.

Because Frail is hoping by playing more experienced players that we will win and he will secure the job.

Archived