Tribute to Robbie

Hearts Heritage

Hearts Heritage

On our front page

http://www.londonhearts.com/index.htm

and special article

Ah! The start of any good pub argument amongst Hearts fans, and this article could start another. No other player in recent years has provoked as much debate about what a football player is, or should be.

read on

http://www.londonhearts.com/robbie.htm

rudi must stay
On our front page

http://www.londonhearts.com/index.htm

and special article

Ah! The start of any good pub argument amongst Hearts fans, and this article could start another. No other player in recent years has provoked as much debate about what a football player is, or should be.

read on

very well written tribute :clap:. Ta for the momories Robbie and here's hoping for more in the future

A well written piece.

I genuinely hope Robbie enjoys his day tomorrow (not that I will be there to watch it) and I agree entirely about his professionalism and endeavour BUT I dearly hope we have seen the last of him at least as a regular in the first team.

rudi must stay
A well written piece.

I genuinely hope Robbie enjoys his day tomorrow (not that I will be there to watch it) and I agree entirely about his professionalism and endeavour BUT I dearly hope we have seen the last of him at least as a regular in the first team.

used to think the same. He is though a very consistent player and even when we lose games he's rarely to blame, it's the other guys with the exception of Berra and Banks who are to blame imo

used to think the same. He is though a very consistent player and even when we lose games he's rarely to blame, it's the other guys with the exception of Berra and Banks who are to blame imo

No sorry, can't agree with that whatsoever, Robbie has been culpable umpteen times this season (and in previous). He is consistently poor and is of such limited technical ability it is frightening. It's early days with Thomson but frankly a new right back should be one of the top priorities for next season.

Nice guy, good honest pro but mediocre beyond belief. I hope he enjoys his day and then drops down a level.

JamboGraham

You can debate ability and skill all day and not agree...

However, if every Hearts player put in the same level of effort as Robbie every week then I would be a delighted Hearts supporter!

Robbie has made every last bit of ability that he has work for him and I am grateful to him for all his efforts in a Hearts jersey.

Looking forward to the match tomorrow...my last "home game" of the season!

rudi must stay
No sorry, can't agree with that whatsoever, Robbie has been culpable umpteen times this season (and in previous). He is consistently poor and is of such limited technical ability it is frightening. It's early days with Thomson but frankly a new right back should be one of the top priorities for next season.

Nice guy, good honest pro but mediocre beyond belief. I hope he enjoys his day and then drops down a level.

some players don't have the best technical ability, look at Keane for example. But they're appreciated for the effort they put in. Neilson rarely has a poor game either tbh, he just doesn't score hat-tricks every week or set up goals so he's not noticed which is a shame

some players don't have the best technical ability, look at Keane for example. But they're appreciated for the effort they put in. Neilson rarely has a poor game either tbh, he just doesn't score hat-tricks every week or set up goals so he's not noticed which is a shame

Which Keane are we talking about here ?

It can't be Roy or Robbie. Is it the boy Kean who plays for St Mirren you are talking about ?

rudi must stay
Which Keane are we talking about here ?

It can't be Roy or Robbie. Is it the boy Kean who plays for St Mirren you are talking about ?

Roy Keane. not the best player in the world, but he gave everything. Similar to Neilson

Roy Keane. not the best player in the world, but he gave everything. Similar to Neilson

Truly one of the funniest things ever written on JKB. Roy Keane was one of the best midfielders in Europe (if not the world) over a sustained period of time. There is a huge difference between running about like a complete numpty week in week out giving the ball away and lumping it into the stand and dictating football matches at the highest level.

To even talk of Roy Keane in the same sentence football wise as Neilson is mind boggling :rofl:

rudi must stay
Truly one of the funniest things ever written on JKB. Roy Keane was one of the best midfielders in Europe (if not the world) over a sustained period of time. There is a huge difference between running about like a complete numpty week in week out giving the ball away and lumping it into the stand and dictating football matches at the highest level.

To even talk of Roy Keane in the same sentence football wise as Neilson is mind boggling :rofl:

Keane was a great player but that was because he gave everything, he didn't have all the skill and neither does Neilson.

Basically what i'm saying is they played at a high level because they gave absolutely everything when maybe they weren't the most talented players in the team.

Keane was a great player but that was because he gave everything, he didn't have all the skill and neither does Neilson.

Basically what i'm saying is they played at a high level because they gave absolutely everything when maybe they weren't the most talented players in the team.

Your having a laugh mate but whatever floats your boat I suppose !

rudi must stay
Your having a laugh mate but whatever floats your boat I suppose !

i just don't think he's as bad as you make out that's all.

Keane was technically an excellent player. Comfortable in possession, could ping the ball about, played the correct passes and knew when to break and when to hold.

A really bad comparison.

You're talking absolute nonsense mate. That's a non-starter.

I know what you're trying to compare, but it's two different things. Roy Keane was all about his phsycological will-to-win and that intensity enhanced his game. These qualities obviously made him a leader of men, and clearly (in his Man U days) one of the most celebrated midfielders in the world.

(hahaha can't believe I'm discussing Neilson in the same breath....) Neilson on the other hand has one quality - which I'm sick of hearing - ''he gives ah-hundrid-pur-sent'' his mental attributes are zero, he's not a winner he's a loser. Roy Keane could control a football, and was light years ahead of Neilson technically on all fronts.

One thing though, Neilson's a nice guy. Where as I dunno if that could be said for Roy Keane.

However, if every Hearts player put in the same level of effort as Robbie every week then I would be a delighted Hearts supporter!

As would I, if our wage bill was comparable to Falkirk or ICT.

Unfortunately Robbie is paid a small fortune to play for Hearts and quite simply does not have the ability to back up that wage.

rudi must stay
Keane was technically an excellent player. Comfortable in possession, could ping the ball about, played the correct passes and knew when to break and when to hold.

A really bad comparison.

he was a tackler mate. That's all he did tackle. He couldn't do anything else. Give him the ball and imo he looked less than comfortable. Same goes for Neilson, i agree he doesn't have that will to win but every game he gives his all

Hearts Heritage

Interestingly enough the replies on this thread reflect Drew's opening comments.

"Ah! The start of any good pub argument amongst Hearts fans, and this article could start another. No other player in recent years has provoked as much debate about what a football player is, or should be."

Archived