Hungover

christhejambo

christhejambo

Help! I'm absolutely dying this morning, and for the fisrt time in a very long time i am seriously considering a tactical spew. Any proven hangover cures out there? :o

Chad Sexington
Help! I'm absolutely dying this morning, and for the fisrt time in a very long time i am seriously considering a tactical spew. Any proven hangover cures out there? :o

More drink.

A proven winner every time. :thumb::booze:

Drink a pint of water...slowly.

Then a can of fizzy drink.

One re-hydrates you the next gives a lift.

The Old Tolbooth
Drink a pint of water...slowly.

Then a can of fizzy drink.

One re-hydrates you the next gives a lift.

Followed by a major fry up!

The grease in a fry up helps to fight the toxins in your body, the greasier the better for the hangover cure!

Boaby Ewing

I've said it before, but aside from getting back on the sauce, push-ups are the best way to cure a hangover.

christhejambo
A lemsip followed by a large pepperoni pizza from Pizza Hut.

That honestly sounds absolutely hideous. Pizza hut at this hour is no help whatsoever!! :(

IMA MAROON
Followed by a major fry up!

The grease in a fry up helps to fight the toxins in your body, the greasier the better for the hangover cure!

That is the way to do it.

Pour all the juice(fat) that you are frying your sausage, black pudding, bacon and egg in over your food when you put it on your plate. Lovely. Wipe it up with some bread and butter.

RockyBalboa
That honestly sounds absolutely hideous. Pizza hut at this hour is no help whatsoever!! :(

Too right, I wouldnae even have that and Im a greedy bassa without a hangover :eek:

RockyBalboa

Pour all the juice(fat) that you are frying your sausage, black pudding, bacon and egg in over your food when you put it on your plate. Lovely. Wipe it up with some bread and butter.

Are you 24 stone? :biggrin:

christhejambo

Executive decision- bottle of powerade, can of irn bru and 2 Thain's (The legendary Aberdeen baker, and saviour of many a drunken student) Steak Pies. Im either gonna be blowing chunks for the rest of the day, or ill be sorted out.

PS For any youngsters reading, DO NOT under any circumstances attempt to make scrambled eggs on toast after a night on the lash. Just ventured into my kitchen and it looks like a scene from Platoon.

Kill or cure mate, that's the secret of the successful alckie.

IMA MAROON
Are you 24 stone? :biggrin:

:)

It is maybe not one for the health conscious but once a week is fine.

Might not look good but tastes amazing.

Destruction Derby

Milk Thistle tablets, you get them from herbal shops.

2 before you start drinking then 2 when you get home and you will be sorted the morning before.

Not sure how it works but it does the trick, not exactly a cure to help you today but something for the future.

christhejambo
Milk Thistle tablets, you get them from herbal shops.

2 before you start drinking then 2 when you get home and you will be sorted the morning before.

Not sure how it works but it does the trick, not exactly a cure to help you today but something for the future.

Made a pre-emptive attempt to sort out my hangover by leaving a couple of Alka Seltzer and Vitamin C tablets on the bedside table, but they have been no use whatsoever. Il bear your suggestion in mind, but as you say, its hee-haw help for my current predicament :sad:

christhejambo

'Juice' - you are vile. :boak:

I'm always fine the morning before, it's the morning after that causes the problems.:confused:

Get a bottle of Irn Bru. Take the fizz out of it, I've heard adding sugar can do this, but I just generally shake it until that happens. Serve in a glass with **** loads of ice, wait a couple of minutes until it gets really cold and then drink.

Taking the fizz out takes away any chance of the juice upsetting your already fragile stomach. Plus, I don't know what it is but when I do this it almost gives me an instant boost and I start feeling much better almost straight away. I then use this time to stuff a sausage in a roll down my face to soak up the alcohol.

Destruction Derby
I'm always fine the morning before, it's the morning after that causes the problems.:confused:

God damm it, never noticed it, still get the idea though

Chad Sexington

If anyone wondered how Scotland got it's reputation as the sick man of Europe...just have a quick look at any of the above solutions.

Drunken Scots...I salute you.

:thumb:

Doctor FinnBarr

"Tactical spew", brilliant.

:boak:

christhejambo
If anyone wondered how Scotland got it's reputation as the sick man of Europe...just have a quick look at any of the above solutions.

Drunken Scots...I salute you.

:thumb:

How very dare you!!! Irn Bru, Pizza, Pies, additional Alcohol, and a nice greasy fry-up are the cornerstones of any nutricious and blanced diet! There was even mention of a herbal remedy from a health food shop- how much more healthy do you want?!

conn artist

berocca tablets work quite well. that and another pint to ease the pain.

"Tactical spew", brilliant.

:boak:

Not be pedantic, but aren't you supposed to do "tactical spewing" whilst still on the sauce, therefore allowing you to continue drinking?

That's what i thought anyway.

rossi_1983

A pint of milk!

It will either settle your stomach, or make you projectile vomit, so best done outside

Craig-Section Z

Irn Bru.......lots of ice, and i mean lots.........it is amazing!!

But thankfully i dont really get hangovers!!

hughesie27

2045777124_9df6a4e4a4.jpg

Follow that lot up by doing a big jobby.

You'll feel much better.

That looks rank. I'd probably be sick eating that if I was sober!

Follow that lot up by doing a big jobby.

You'll feel much better.

true but it will be horrible. The morning after i always get what i call aero-sh*ts. Feels like your gonna give birth to a camel but comes out as a wee skitter. what an anti-climax.

the real cure is just a plate of potato waffles. sorts me out. oven baked potato waffles on there own.

I suppose it is different for everyone, but I've always thought hangover cures are a waste of time. The only thing that really works is sleep.

birthday yesterday so after many hours drinking a tatical spew was in order, and after was able to start on the shots...

woke up this morning feling like death, so off to corner shop (3 doors away :) ) 1 pot noodle, glass bottle irn-bru, mccolls cheese and oinion and a twix. does the trick

Dix Handley
Get a bottle of Irn Bru. Take the fizz out of it, I've heard adding sugar can do this, but I just generally shake it until that happens. Serve in a glass with **** loads of ice, wait a couple of minutes until it gets really cold and then drink.

Taking the fizz out takes away any chance of the juice upsetting your already fragile stomach. Plus, I don't know what it is but when I do this it almost gives me an instant boost and I start feeling much better almost straight away. I then use this time to stuff a sausage in a roll down my face to soak up the alcohol.

Sugar rush i would think,or maybe its atavistic scots genes??:confused:;)

Archived