whisky Dealers

Cairneyhill Jambo

Cairneyhill Jambo

Hoping JKB can help me out. My father-in-law passed away recently and he left about 30 bottles of malt whisky. They have never been opened. A few are quite common, but most of are quite rare. Such as one of them is a litre bottle of 10 year old Glenmorangie 100% proof. I have googled it and is worth about ?150. What I would like to know is are there any dealers that would buy them as a job lot? Want to sell them and donate the money to his chosen charity. Cheers.

I was working in Brora, there's a guy who owns the local hotel who runs www.shop4whisky.com from it.

I'd give him a bell and maybe get some advice first.

Brian Whittaker's Tache

I have a mate who's a collector.

Google Whisky Lounge in York. Eddie is the guys name.

The Whisky exchange is another. I have quite a few whiskys in bird shaped decanters found there worth about ?80 each. Have about 10.. Also a Millinnium bottle that had only 300 made. Keep meaning to get them valued. Might do it later today...

Tried to send this as a PM but it didn't work...

Hi Mate,

My stepbrother has just opened up a Whisky auctioneer and he's interested after seeing your post.

Can you e-mail him your contact detailsvat: [email protected]

His name is Iain

Cheers,

BigC

(I guess that goes for anyone looking to sell Whisky!)

Alba gu Brath

Many folk go to the auctions - there's one in Queen St I think. There's also a whisky auction online.

The manager in Cadenheads in the High St is worth a try too. He does tastings with everything from blends to uber-rare whiskies. He might be interested in buying some or if not would point you in the direction of someone else.

Www.whiskyauction.com they send u the required number of shipping boxes u send it over they take pics of the bottles and they auction everything on their monthly online auction. And send u your winnings, minus the cut basically. Maybe not the best way to get full value for ur items but probably as close a way to getting someone buying everything.

If anything its a good site to check the value of ur whiskies. They have an archive of all past sales going back years. You'll probably find every whisky in his collection on there at somepoint.

I myself collect whisky so would be interested to see a list of what you have. Altho doubt I have the dosh to buy any.. usually buy whisky at rrp knowing they will go up in value.

Cairneyhill Jambo

Thanks for all the replies. Much appreciated. I'll catalogue all the bottles and send the list to all the contacts provided.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...
Cairneyhill Jambo

Www.whiskyauction.com they send u the required number of shipping boxes u send it over they take pics of the bottles and they auction everything on their monthly online auction. And send u your winnings, minus the cut basically. Maybe not the best way to get full value for ur items but probably as close a way to getting someone buying everything.

If anything its a good site to check the value of ur whiskies. They have an archive of all past sales going back years. You'll probably find every whisky in his collection on there at somepoint.

I myself collect whisky so would be interested to see a list of what you have. Altho doubt I have the dosh to buy any.. usually buy whisky at rrp knowing they will go up in value.

Here is the list - the top 3 alone are probably worth at least ?600 alone according to searches I've done on the internet.

Glenmorangie cellar 13 - a Litre bottle

Glenrothes 1992

Balvenie 10 yo founders reserve

Highland park 12 yo

Dalmore 12 yo

Glenlivet 18

Aberlour 10 yo

Glenrothes 1992

Glenrothes select reserve both hand written labels

Glenmorangie port wood finish

Glenfiddich 18 yo

Glenlivet 12

Glenlivet special reserve 12 yo

Erdradour 10 yo

Tormore 12 yo

Glenmorangie 10 yo

Old pultney 12 yo

Lagavulin 12 yo

Tobermory 10 yo unchilled filtered

Glenkinchie 10 yo

Benromach

Benachie 17 yo

Craigellachie

Glenfiddich 12 yo

A quick note about the bottle of 10 year Tormore. I was working at the distillery a few years ago, not sure which one you have got? All I remember mine had a blue label.

The Manager gave me a minature and said keep it! "We dont make this kind anymore, it will be worth a small fortune someday"

Ive drunk it! :behead:

Archived