tv sound drop out

hibshater

Is anyone else having problems with the sound drop out on sky. It is mainly on the hd channels and happens about 5/6times an hour. It is rapidly becoming annoying as ****.

Cheers for any info.

Hugh Phamism

Are you using external speakers (home cinema or surround sound)? If so, it could be your optical or HDMI connection.

No just hdmi from box to tv, checked the cables but it keeps happening. Had a look online and there seems to be an issue buy sky aren't admitting to it yet.

I have mainly noticed on sky sports news hd, it has only started happening in the last couple of days but its nippy.

Samuel Camazzola

Is anyone else having problems with the sound drop out on sky. It is mainly on the hd channels and happens about 5/6times an hour. It is rapidly becoming annoying as ****.

Cheers for any info.

Do you have any 'dynamic/simulated' sound option active? If so, in the sound options menu, simply turn it off and then back on and it may flush out the problem.

It was a fix I had on a Sony tv I owned and only became an issue once I got Sky HD.

I think you need to clean the contacts on your HDMI cable, a thin layer of oxidisation can build up. A little white vinegar on a tissue works wonders. Mind and make sure it's thoroughly dry before reconnecting though.

Archived