Tynecastle Stadium Theft Update

Hearts Heritage

Hearts Heritage

I can't go into all the details for obvious reasons.

The thief has been caught unfortunately the medals were not in his possession. However there is hope that they may be returned 'anonymously' before the trial takes place.

The security at the stadium has been increased namely

Locks have been changed

New locks have been added

Security in the big display cabinet has improved

CCTV has installed

All the other medals are no longer on display and have been secured elsewhere.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Good and not so good.

Hope Inspector Knacker gave the **** a good kick in the nads for starters!

Erm no it makes sense that all history should be locked away and protected. Just normal practice with anything historical?

Erm no it makes sense that all history should be locked away and protected. Just normal practice with anything historical?

Locked away and no longer on display.

Fxxx the SPFL

The thief has been caught unfortunately the medals were not in his possession. However there is hope that they may be returned 'anonymously' before the trial takes place.

Locks have been changed

CCTV has installed

any reason why his/her name can't be released unless they were under a certain age

queensferryjambo

History should not be locked away and protected - it should be on display and protected in adequate secure display cases.

When was the last time anything was reported stolen from Chamber Street?

Glad they caught the guy and hopefully the medals are returned.

Hearts record of preserving important historical items is woeful.

I believe they lost league flags.

:facepalm:

Not a dig at anyone but these things simply shouldn't happen.

Hearts Heritage

Hearts record of preserving important historical items is woeful.

I believe they lost league flags.

:facepalm:

Not a dig at anyone but these things simply shouldn't happen.

For Example Wallace Mercer had no great interest in the history of the club and a vast amount of things were simply tossed in a Skip.

One of The reasons for establishing the 'Heritage Group' is to ensure it never happens again, and the archive is secured and preserved for future generations.

For Example Wallace Mercer had no great interest in the history of the club and a vast amount of things were simply tossed in a Skip.

One of The reasons for establishing the 'Heritage Group' is to ensure it never happens again, and the archive is secured and preserved for future generations.

That's bad. Very disappointing.

As soon as this go's to court the scumbags name will be plastered all over the Edinburgh Evening News.

oh ah grantona

if they cant be 100% secure on display all the time they should be only on display during tours, removed to safe when not

Does the Heritage Group have its own website or is there somewhere one can read about its activities?

Locks have been changed

CCTV has installed

"Locks have been changed"... So is/was there a question mark about key holders and/ or did this cretin have a key to certain locks?!

broughies tach

So the security has been ramped up yet the other medals have been removed. Am I missing something here ?

Hope the proprietor of the 'alternative' Hearts museum reads this.

• Moderators

Members are reminded to post within the board rules. We've deleted some posts that were in breach of the rules. Future deletions will also result in warnings or suspensions.

Fozzyonthefence

History can just be bought anyway - ask The Rangers.

Era Macaroons

why this stuff isnt in a smashproof box ill never know, but then you dont expect wee thievin fukkers to turnup

History should not be locked away and protected - it should be on display and protected in adequate secure display cases.

Glad they caught the guy and hopefully the medals are returned.

That's what I was actuallyeaning in properly secured display cases. I am led to believe that they were not. Sorry for confusing you.

I hope the club and heritage group can find a way to display the medal collection securely. The actions of cretins shouldn't stop the majority of genuine people getting a chance to see history. Otherwise the cretins win.

This.

Hope the proprietor of the 'alternative' Hearts museum reads this.

I believe there are numerous measures including locks,cctv,anti tamper tape,alarms and other measures.

bigsuperslim1874

Jesus christ - what was Wallace thinking?!?! Thats awful!

Hearts Heritage

"Locks have been changed"... So is/was there a question mark about key holders and/ or did this cretin have a key to certain locks?!

No and No. I should have worded it locks have been improved.

Hearts Heritage

History should not be locked away and protected - it should be on display

Our ultimate goal is to have everything in the archive 'digitised' and on 'display' via an archive website similar to Everton's one. What is on physical display is only a very small percentage of the artifacts that Hearts posses.

This will require funding / sponsorship. Once the Club is out of administration we will be seeking that.

protected in adequate secure display cases.

It comes down to funding, we have a limited budget so having individual secure cases would mean other activities would not be carried out.

It is a Museum with numerous dedicated security mechanisms.

I'm not sure we would hear about it if it did happen.

Good news - I hope the items will find their way back to Tynecastle and that justice will be seen to be done with the scumbag involved.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I am guessing that the thief has been told it will help his case -both legal and in public- if the items are returned. This would encourage the guy to make some calls.

Archived